Scottish Cup Draws

10 hours ago, Parkranger said:

Why two teams from one town??  Absolute madness and totally defeats the purpose of non league football. 

Adding to FWF's list above, Forres Mechanics/ Thistle, Deveronvale/ Deveronside, Keith/ Islavale and there's two Midlands League teams in Forfar. All of those towns are smaller than Bo'ness.

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/07/2024 at 21:38, An Absolute Imposter said:

That's you on the naughty step with jb. 😊😊😊

Cupar Hearts have the plum draw this year.

Bo'ness Ath v Beith is very, very interesting.

So Bo'ness Athletic have seen off Beith and Kilwinning Rangers before August is finished.

8 hours ago, PossilYM said:

So Bo'ness Athletic have seen off Beith and Kilwinning Rangers before August is finished.

Athletic have come a long way since their inaugural season in the old East Juniors. A bit of a mess that first season but since joining the EOSFL they have improved on and off the park. What Syngenta should have been, but they sold out any ideals for money.

4 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Athletic have come a long way since their inaugural season in the old East Juniors. A bit of a mess that first season but since joining the EOSFL they have improved on and off the park. What Syngenta should have been, but they sold out any ideals for money.

Bo'ness Athletic missed out on promotion in season 21/22 playing in EOSFL Conference X, finishing in 3rd place, while Whitburn won the league and now both teams have been going through the leagues with Whitburn in the Premier league and Bo'ness in the first division.  Their  current manager, Willie Irvine, took over in 2023 and with excellent backroom staff are doing what is asked of them by the club, committee and fans.  Think this is Bo'ness Athletics' first season in the Scottish cup so they are enjoying themselves so far and will be keeping a look out on how they are doing this season and hope to be able to pop back and get to one of their games, especially if they are nearly the promotion spots for the premier league as I'm sure they will be.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

5 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Bo'ness Athletic missed out on promotion in season 21/22 playing in EOSFL Conference X, finishing in 3rd place, while Whitburn won the league and now both teams have been going through the leagues with Whitburn in the Premier league and Bo'ness in the first division.  Their  current manager, Willie Irvine, took over in 2023 and with excellent backroom staff are doing what is asked of them by the club, committee and fans.  Think this is Bo'ness Athletics' first season in the Scottish cup so they are enjoying themselves so far and will be keeping  a look out how they are doing this season and hope to be able to pop back and get to one of their games.

The same Willie Irvine ex of Lok?

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Bo'ness Athletic missed out on promotion in season 21/22 playing in EOSFL Conference X, finishing in 3rd place, while Whitburn won the league and now both teams have been going through the leagues with Whitburn in the Premier league and Bo'ness in the first division.  Their  current manager, Willie Irvine, took over in 2023 and with excellent backroom staff are doing what is asked of them by the club, committee and fans.  Think this is Bo'ness Athletics' first season in the Scottish cup so they are enjoying themselves so far and will be keeping a look out on how they are doing this season and hope to be able to pop back and get to one of their games, especially if they are nearly the promotion spots for the premier league as I'm sure they will be.

I remember conference x very well. Athletic should have went up that season, can't recall the results that cost promotion. Whitburn were the surprise package catching both Syngenta and Athletic out. I think it was the 2nd lge game Athletic beat Whitburn 7-2 or something, unless I'm mixing Whitburn up with someone else, ultimately as season wore on Whitburn showed themselves to be the best team.

In the covid season Bo'ness, Linlithgow and Syngenta all struggled, the best of that lot being Sauchie Community who went on a 3 month unbeaten run before we entered the world of lockdowns. Even in my advancing years its still fresh in my memory. This was in East Juniors of course.

Edited by An Absolute Imposter

A WoS Premier side lost 3-0 at home to this???

Look at the bottom of these tables. Four league wins in 96 games. Hundreds of goals conceded. How TF?

Screenshot 2024-08-31 at 18.03.46.png

Screenshot 2024-08-31 at 18.04.01.png

Screenshot 2024-08-31 at 18.04.51.png

Edited by GordonS

4 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

I remember conference x very well. Athletic should have went up that season, can't recall the results that cost promotion. Whitburn were the surprise package catching both Syngenta and Athletic out. I think it was the 2nd lge game Athletic beat Whitburn 7-2 or something, unless I'm mixing Whitburn up with someone else, ultimately as season wore on Whitburn showed themselves to be the best team.

In the covid season Bo'ness, Linlithgow and Syngenta all struggled, the best of that lot being Sauchie Community who went on a 3 month unbeaten run before we entered the world of lockdowns. Even in my advancing years its still fresh in my memory. This was in East Juniors of course.

Not so good today for the Sosfl teams in the Big Scottish.

image.thumb.png.4f30bf1db0b8d9a49f1d2e4b7cc8d1ee.png

image.thumb.png.b9bdc93dfb822dd017a7307f75c9d528.png

Shock of the round in Govan as Benburb fall to punching bag of the past few seasons Vale of Leithen

Killwinning bow about against a fellow tier 7 very much in the ascendancy

Bonnyton with a respectable showing against EOS Premier opponents

Clydebank very comfortable against a fellow tier 6 side from oot east

Cumnock given a scare being down 1-0 at half time against SOS opposition

Girvan with the biggest margin of the round dispatching SOS opposition. Probably need to dig deep into the archives & dig oot a duster to find out last time Girvan scored nine in a game

Threave pull off a shock against a fellow West side from three tiers above

Carluke cap off a cracking day oot in far flung Sutherland with a win

Talbot see off tier 6 opposition from oot east with a comfortable margin

Darvel spring a shock against a fellow WOS Premier side

Medda stop the rot seeing off a fellow tier 7 side from oot east

Glencairn see off east opposition from the tier above

Glasgow Uni comfortably dispatched by their EOS Premier opponents

Edited by GNU_Linux

10 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Look at the bottom of these tables. Four league wins in 96 games. Hundreds of goals conceded. How TF?

Shocked as anyone. The team does have goals in it this season by the looks of things with some fight in it. They're not the foregone conclusion on relegation that many would have had. Bit like Gretna's start defying expectations.

image.png.60a489292fc2dbe4e6af45bbece10978.png

Good weekend for cup football. Further underscoring why leagues took on more importance as multi-tier shocks like this can happen.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

5 hours ago, GordonS said:

Maybe things are getting a bit better 😎

Brilliant performance today. 

9 hours ago, GordonS said:

Aye, there's something screwy about this.