Which teams have the most fans on P&B?

1 hour ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Well shock, horror, based on the average number of posts per week since thread inception the winners are the DABs, closely followed by the Dees. This may be partly because they both haunt each other's thread as much as their own, and the DABs top rating may be skewed by the fact their current thread only started six weeks ago.

The only one that surprised me a bit was Hearts in 11th. Again, a relatively recent thread - but they might be another lot who spend more time elsewhere than on their own thread.

image.png.aaab43eae2dc9c53292cd3eb84bec359.png

The Motherwell thread will be skewed by the past few weeks - there’s been so much going on that I’ve literally got no clue who anyone else has signed or what’s going on at any other team..

when I started on p&b, it was the St Mirren and Falkirk show. There’s still plenty of Saints obviously but due to the er, unpleasantness- I’ve got no idea how mainy Bairns are still kicking about (I’ve never had the pleasure of the Championship forum or lower as - and I do hate to say this - the World Wide Web hadn’t been invented when we were last down there).

On Hearts - there was a mad Kickback invasion years ago and they were all over every thread just slagging everything and hammering the gifs. I found it quite funny. 

21 hours ago, bennett said:

Rangers probably have the around 4 or 5 fans on here, we're probably the least supported PnB team.

Which shows that, despite being by far the best Scottish football forum going, nowhere is perfect. 

13 hours ago, tamthebam said:

There are a lot of Clyde fans on here. 

Another new thread, so not a great statistical base, but they're currently running at 90 posts per week which sandwiches them between Aberdeen and Rangers.

Again, number of posts is not necessarily correlated with number of posters but it's a lot easier to measure. (This shall henceforth be known as "the @RandomGuy. approximation".)

On 20/07/2024 at 12:13, Andy_K_97 said:

I think there's a reasonable enough number of Killie fans on here and I do like that this forum is for all Scottish clubs (even the plastic ones) where you can see how others think. I go on the killiefc forums once or twice a week, but I dislike how any opinion that differs from the majority - even slightly - gets downvoted so quickly. It's always the same old angry guys who could perhaps be doing with getting up out their chair, taking a walk somewhere and considering that their perspective isn't the only one. By contrast, I've always liked this place and I probably always will. 

I find Kickback unbearable. Aside from the ovine dullards you mention, it's the Rory (or Innes) haters that really piss me off. Yes, all this "one of our own" stuff is cliched  nonsense, but the converse of hating local boys made good/good-ish is far worse for me. I don't understand it, and don't especially want to. They're just balloons.

I can't abide tabloid-style football "banter" but find the level of chat here pretty enjoyable and entertaining, for the most part.

16 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Well shock, horror, based on the average number of posts per week on each team thread since inception the winners are the DABs, closely followed by the Dees. This may be partly because they both haunt each other's thread as much as their own, and the DABs top rating may be skewed by the fact their current thread only started seven weeks ago.

The only one that surprised me a bit was Hearts in 11th. Again, a relatively recent thread - but they might be another lot who spend more time elsewhere than on their own thread.

image.png.8e26f347da371de089cbf2263c97c899.png

ETA: Table updated as the "Weeks" calculation wasn't quite right. It doesn't change the order, and nobody has yet come close to matching Ayr Utd's 375 followed by Falkirk's 300.

Genuinely astounded at that. Is it also skewed by some fans discussing more on match threads/specific manager replacement ones?

Good work regardless on at least trying to bring some data into this though!

8 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Is it also skewed by some fans discussing more on match threads/specific manager replacement ones?

Almost certainly, and it takes no account of fans of other teams posting on each other's threads, but without access to the underlying databases there's no way to correlate the number of posts with the "My Team" designations across multiple threads. (And, as has been pointed out, many people are not entirely honest about their team anyway.)

TL;DR: It's very lazy statistics 😉

Just now, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I assume that OF,Hibs, Hearts and Killie fans all just prefer their club specific forums? 

If that's the case I can only assume those forums don't have an equivalent of Shull.

6 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

If Kilmarnock go down they'll struggle to come back up 

Made even funnier when we did eventually go down and came back at the first attempt.

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

If that's the case I can only assume those forums don't have an equivalent of Shull.

Sssshhhh just in case saying his name makes him appear, one of a few who killed B&WA.

On 20/07/2024 at 22:08, Doctor Manhattan said:

Well shock, horror, based on the average number of posts per week on each team thread since inception the winners are the DABs, closely followed by the Dees. This may be partly because they both haunt each other's thread as much as their own, and the DABs top rating may be skewed by the fact their current thread only started seven weeks ago.

ETA: Table updated as the "Weeks" calculation wasn't quite right. It doesn't change the order, and nobody has yet come close to matching Ayr Utd's 375 followed by Falkirk's 300.

If the Motherwell posts were counted since the same date as the Dundee Utd thread was started, they would be miles ahead. I reckon you need to look at each club over the same time period but seems like a lot of effort.

1 hour ago, standupforthemotherwell said:

If the Motherwell posts were counted since the same date as the Dundee Utd thread was started, they would be miles ahead. I reckon you need to look at each club over the same time period but seems like a lot of effort.

Since the Dundee United Thread was started at the beginning of June they've had 73 pages, in that time we've had 246 pages. 

9 hours ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Since the Dundee United Thread was started at the beginning of June they've had 73 pages, in that time we've had 246 pages. 

They don't hand out the medals in July!

On 20/07/2024 at 20:08, Doctor Manhattan said:

Lets face it, St Johnstone is just @RandomGuy.

19 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I assume that OF,Hibs, Hearts and Killie fans all just prefer their club specific forums? I also assume that those places must be vastly different from Steelmen Online.

Tbh, as someone who sticks their head in to other team's forums now and again my main (albeit limited) takeaway is that they're *exactly* like Steelmen Online. I've often thought that in the case of SO the user demographic skews a bit older than our thread but whether that's true or not I get the impression that broadly there's a particular flavour of fan who gets what they want from a single club forum and probably has a shared one-eyedness when it comes to discussing their club as other users.

Just as there are occasional flurries of SO discourse on here I noticed a few comments about the Motherwell thread on P&B over there a while ago and the general energy was that they just didn't really *get* it (fair enough) or the concept of a multi-club forum and, I dunno, I'd guess that is probably replicated across other single club sites whether it's TDBF, Jambos Kickback, .net, AFC Chat, WAP or whatever.

I definitely feel like the individual fans forums, like kickback, are for the amateurs whereas P+B is for the pros.

The amount of people on killie kickback who just don’t seem to get the internet (despite some of them being members for years) is quite high and they are very defensive and lacking in any sort of awareness about when people are just winding them up.

Don’t get me wrong I am a fan of kickback but some of the guys on there would get absolutely destroyed on here and, in some cases, I wonder how they get on in their employment/social life as they seem to have an inability to just react in a normal day-to-day life way to anything other than 100% agreement with them.

Edited by Sortmeout

To think I've got 21 years of posting on here! 21 fucking years. Wild. The old adage, "you'd get less for murder!"

Anyway, the reason I initially came here was because of it's multi-team format. I always find single club forums to be far too insular and can turn into bitter battles over the pettiest of shit. That's not to say that doesn't happen here, just that it's diluted by the multi-club membership.

When I first joined, the rivalry between Falkirk and St Mirren seemed to be at it's peak, and thus this board was the meeting place to give out the banter. So it's no surprise they were the most popular clubs at the start. It's also no surprise if it's currently the two Dundee teams that make up most of the posts now, for pretty much the same reason.