πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡«πŸ‡·Games of the XXXIII Olympiad - Paris 2024 πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰

Discovery+ is only Β£4 for the month. Well worth it if you want to avoid the 'Team GB' wankfest on the BBC.

ETA - the 2030 Winter Olympics have been awarded to France and 2034 is going back to Salt Lake City, as long as the FBI stop asking any questions about Chinese doping. https://apnews.com/article/2034-winter-olympics-ioc-salt-lake-city-958fe633a5ce9ef0f7f497c9e5ee3255

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

35 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Discovery+ is only Β£4 for the month. Well worth it if you want to avoid the 'Team GB' wankfest on the BBC.

Yeah, this is cracking value if there’s specific sports you want to see.Β 

If it’s anything like last time, Discovery+ will carry world feeds of every event, which will have neutral commentary. But even the curated Eurosport coverage is far more balanced.

Edited by The Master

1 minute ago, NorthernLights said:

Stuck the rugby 7s stream from the BBC on and there is no scoreboard so you have no idea how much time is left or what the score is.

We've got one now so I finally know its 7-7 in the Australia v Samoa game.

So weird seeing a rugby match at Stade de France with the lower tier pushed back into Athletics mode. Morocco scored a cracking goal in the football tournament v Argentina. Hoping there will be enough of the bigger sports (cycling, swimming, track and field, etc) across Eurosport 1 and 2 without having to pay for Discovery +

First crowd trouble of the games after Argentina scored an equaliser in the 16th minute of stoppage time, the Morocco fans were understandably livid. They responded by throwing stuff on to the park with the players taken off and the game eventually finished in an empty stadium. But after the longest ever VAR review the goal was disallowed for offside with Morocco holding out for the win.

Edited by peasy23

I've got Sky Q, what non BBC channels is this on, or is it just through the discovery+ app- I've just tested the latter and was able to access some women's handball preliminary game so presume I don't need to pay the Β£4 for the upgrade?

59 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Doesn't seem to coverage of the archery on BBC or discovery. Either I'm blind (not ruling it out) or pretty poor stuff

The archery ranking events aren’t filmed.Β 

9 hours ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Doesn't seem to coverage of the archery on BBC or discovery. Either I'm blind (not ruling it out) or pretty poor stuff

I was looking for that. I like the archery. Missed a world record. 😟

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/one-in-three-of-team-gb-went-to-private-secondary-school-new-analysis-suggests-13184524
A sign of what’s to come. Everything from sport to university will be inaccessible to everyone but a small few in a few decades time. Anyway, I hope Team GB do absolutely shite and get about 2 medals.Β 
Β 

On 25/07/2024 at 11:13, Fuctifano said:

I've got Sky Q, what non BBC channels is this on, or is it just through the discovery+ app- I've just tested the latter and was able to access some women's handball preliminary game so presume I don't need to pay the Β£4 for the upgrade?

Discovery Plus is free for Sky Q customers. I set it up when the French Open was on. Looking forward to accessing all the random sports streams during the Olympics.