Inverness Caledonian Thistle vs Dumbarton

Outcome   

79 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/08/24 at 14:00

7 minutes ago, The Black Flag said:

Yeah, no one is supposed to come to the stadium to enjoy themselves, not even the wee details like a pre match or half time pint.

Piling off the train straight to Harry Gows for a dream ring it is then.  

17 minutes ago, PWL said:

Piling off the train straight to Harry Gows for a dream ring it is then.  

I don't get this enthusiasm for Harry Gows products. Looks like advertising on here to me. I'd rather avoid type 2 diabetes.

There's a few pubs in the town close to the station, Platform 8 for watching the Jambos pumping the Orcs. Not 100% but that might be a Rangers pub, most SB's with screens in this city seem to attract those types of dregs.

20 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

So how was your cup final day out and any photos of flag day?

Love to see fans with moments they can treasure

Be sure to get back to me when ICT become Scottish champions.

16 minutes ago, rockson said:

Be sure to get back to me when ICT become Scottish champions.

Dumbarton won titles wearing jobbycatchers, nailed boots and sporting walrus mustaches, styles sadly missing from today's game.

Maybe this is why Dumbarton have had no success since then.

Did notice that Dumbarton plummeted down the league after the second title,

1892/93 - 6th,

1893/94 - 5th,

1894/95 - 9th,

1895/96 - 10th (relegated to 2nd division)

1896/97 - 10th (resigned from the Scottish League at end of season)

returned 1906/07

1 hour ago, The Black Flag said:

Dumbarton won titles wearing jobbycatchers, nailed boots and sporting walrus mustaches, styles sadly missing from today's game.

Maybe this is why Dumbarton have had no success since then.

Did notice that Dumbarton plummeted down the league after the second title,

1892/93 - 6th,

1893/94 - 5th,

1894/95 - 9th,

1895/96 - 10th (relegated to 2nd division)

1896/97 - 10th (resigned from the Scottish League at end of season)

returned 1906/07

You forgot to add that we invented the passing game.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Couple of queries for our Caley friends....roughly how long does it take to walk from the railway station to the stadium, and secondly, are there likely to be any taxis at the stadium at full time ?

20 to 30 mins walk

Not usually taxi less you pre-book I'd expect

10 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Couple of queries for our Caley friends....roughly how long does it take to walk from the railway station to the stadium, and secondly, are there likely to be any taxis at the stadium at full time ?

Quickest way is getting the bus from the social club on Grieg Street about 2.30, it leaves the stadium just after the final whistle so you can be back in town by 5pm. Haven't used it for a while so hopefully someone else will confirm.

Edited by welshbairn

16 hours ago, Sawkye said:

Now the Stadium bar isn't open can anyone tell me where's the nearest one to the park ? Getting old and not great at long walks.

The nearest pub is The Innes. Very good bar and good food but it isn’t exactly a short walk away.

Really not sure what to expect tomorrow. I could see Faz setting up to play the name/the fact they’re full-time (I think??) and giving them way too much respect, resulting in us going down 2-0 without laying a glove on them.

Edited by FifeSons

We can't cope with any team who play a high press as we're unwilling to go long  so just end up giving the ball away. If Dumbarton are fit enough for that then that's the way to play us.

46 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

We can't cope with any team who play a high press as we're unwilling to go long  so just end up giving the ball away. If Dumbarton are fit enough for that then that's the way to play us.

We're definitely fit enough to play that way but I doubt Farrell will be so bold. 

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

A minutes applause on the 6th minute tomorrow for big Johndo.

An absolute LEGEND from Telford Street to Romania with a Caley Heart larger than life and a true supporter of the game.

We Caley fans are less without him.

JOHNDO You are now Immortal.

8 hours ago, PB1994 said:

The nearest pub is The Innes. Very good bar and good food but it isn’t exactly a short walk away.

I'll second the Innes being a great pub. Seven of us spent a very enjoyable afternoon in there back in January. 

The Caley 3-0 Weegie Suburb

Adam Brooks (2) and Adz MacKinnon 

Think this will be a polite reminder to the rest of the league that we are far too big to be here. Enjoy it while it lasts.

On 01/08/2024 at 21:24, O'Kelly Isley III said:

From experience, it's quite a long trek from the Railway Station (especially if it's after a few pints). If there's a bus you can catch up to the ground as other posters have suggested then I would recommend that.

I have noticed the bus at full time though. Sits right outside the ground and takes folk back into the City centre. Well, it was still running last season anyway.