Alloa v Queens

Another season begins hopefully we can get off to a good start .

Difficult game to start with Alloa are always a good well organised side.

We already have injuries to key players hopefully we can add quality to the squad this week .

7 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Another season begins hopefully we can get off to a good start .

Difficult game to start with Alloa are always a good well organised side.

We already have injuries to key players hopefully we can add quality to the squad this week .

Aye, maybe sign some big guys eh!

And there's the 1st "difficult game" comment of the league campaign from Greenacres, too much to ask that he could have come up with some new material over the close season.

6 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

And there's the 1st "difficult game" comment of the league campaign from Greenacres, too much to ask that he could have come up with some new material over the close season.

In fairness Alloa tend to be our bogey team! I would rather have kicked off with a home game. Fingers crossed we have a good number of the injured back and some goal threat. We really would get a boost if we started the season well. If we had to start next week with the team that finished today I would be nervous. 

12 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

In fairness Alloa tend to be our bogey team! I would rather have kicked off with a home game. Fingers crossed we have a good number of the injured back and some goal threat. We really would get a boost if we started the season well. If we had to start next week with the team that finished today I would be nervous. 

My comment was aimed at Greenacres' use of "it'll be a difficult game" in his pre-match posts before every league game. Can we not just take it for granted that EVERY game is potentially a difficult game without having him say it.

Forget the LC games, this will give us the real measure of where we are in this league. Alloa will surely be competing at the top end of the league, and of course it's at The Recs hence this will be a real test. Combine that with injuries to our key midfielders and any point will be a good one.

On the plus side, we do seem to be more solid this season (not hard, I know) and hopefully we can add some bite up front next month.

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

My comment was aimed at Greenacres' use of "it'll be a difficult game" in his pre-match posts before every league game. Can we not just take it for granted that EVERY game is potentially a difficult game without having him say it.

That’s true! 

On 27/07/2024 at 20:04, Otis Blue said:

Forget the LC games, this will give us the real measure of where we are in this league. Alloa will surely be competing at the top end of the league, and of course it's at The Recs hence this will be a real test. Combine that with injuries to our key midfielders and any point will be a good one.

On the plus side, we do seem to be more solid this season (not hard, I know) and hopefully we can add some bite up front next month.

🤔

15 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Aye, whatever it's called these days ... I'm a bit retro ... 😏

33 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Got about a month to run on that deal by my calculation.

I was referring to Otis Blue's inference that Alloa being at home was a harder game for QotS, given our record at Palmerston. Not a great point from me and clearly not well made. ☺

Wonder if the new Chairman has an extension or a new deal lined up? 

Edited by printer

11 minutes ago, printer said:

I was referring to Otis Blue's inference that Alloa being at home was a harder game for QotS, given our record at Palmerston. Not a great point from me and clearly not well made. ☺

Wonder if the new Chairman has an extension or a new deal lined up? 

Suppose so. Did see we had the record of being better away than at home last season which is a rarity so it's not just Palmerston we're better at.

Edited by LeodhasXD

1 hour ago, printer said:

I was referring to Otis Blue's inference that Alloa being at home was a harder game for QotS, given our record at Palmerston. Not a great point from me and clearly not well made. 

Ah, right ... I was on the wrong track there.

My dodgy memory tells me that any game against Alloa is tough for Queens, home or away. I really highlighted it though as I reckon Alloa will be right in the mix for top spot this season and so this will be a good yardstick for our season.

As an aside, will be interesting to see if our shocking home form at Palmy will finally take a turn for the better now.

17 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Difficult game.

If we can get some height and pace up front we'll be fine.

And aggression.  Don't forget aggression.

Oh, and experience too.  Almost forgot about that.

1 hour ago, Slipmat said:

And aggression.  Don't forget aggression.

Oh, and experience too.  Almost forgot about that.

Quality?

Barring any last minute signings, I'd like to see us go with this XI. Swithered between Kev and Nevans for the left of the three. Kev has done well preseason.

Screenshot_20240730_162256_edit_651547908604838.thumb.jpg.7851c8a37cc27d5fed63b887d3c11039.jpg

Had to give up season ticket due to working hours changing so will be an armchair fan this season 😢

35 minutes ago, Rory said:

Barring any last minute signings, I'd like to see us go with this XI. Swithered between Kev and Nevans for the left of the three. Kev has done well preseason.

Screenshot_20240730_162256_edit_651547908604838.thumb.jpg.7851c8a37cc27d5fed63b887d3c11039.jpg

Had to give up season ticket due to working hours changing so will be an armchair fan this season 😢

morgyns suspended so will be the gaffer at cb