Partick Thistle 🔴🟡Vs Greenock Morton 🔵⚪️ - Saturday 3 August

Partick Thistle 🔴 🟡 vs Greenock Morton 🔵⚪️  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Morton supporters: we’ve got too many attacking mids/wide players…

Imrie: shut it, we’re going 4-1-3-2…

Partick were marginally the better team after the first 20 minutes it took them to work us out, but a deserved point nonetheless.

Negatives: Reynolds and Davies are going to have to toughen up massively if they’re going to make any impact up here.

Positives: Moffat and Lyall are apprentice Actual Football Players and combined brilliantly at times.

Mainly, though… Iain fkn Wilson…

Jet and Ali Crawford will be the talking points, for obvious reasons, but Wilson was magnificent out there today.

Outside of last 20 mins of the first half we looked clueless .Really need a right back pronto as Wasiri is woefully out of position and exposed .A nippy,on the ground alternative to BBG is also desperately needed as those long balls to him failed time after time.

Point a piece probably fair but can't help thinking if Morten could invest in a pair of shorts(are Black's of Greenock still operating ?) that fitted JET it might have been a different outcome....the big fella looked well chaffed in the second half .

Thistle better side in first half but Morton passed up the chance of the game. Second half was mostly Morton so a draw was probably a fair result. The ref was atrocious and denied us a stonewall penalty for handball in the first half. Graham was anonymous, Fitzy was poor and the midfield is not right. Yet again some awful substitutions from Doolan. Why was Diack not brought on, or Stanway. Same old subs every week. McKenzie for a cameo and Bannigan for old times sake. Plus points were the keeper who looked solid enough and O'Reillly and McBeth who are our best central defence pairing. All in all that was very disappointing! 

40 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Might be this is a,season too far for Graham!

Someone says this every year and he always responds with scoring more goals than he did the previous season. FWIW, he was poor I’d have subbed him today and we really could do with another option up front (something different to him and Diack) but the service (or lack of) to him was awful in fairness.

Morton weren’t as eye bleeding as they have been in past encounters and actually passed about quite well at times I thought. A draw probably a fair result. Very underwhelming opening performance and result. As we already knew a right-back is required, Wasiri defensively okay but poor passing range and ineffective offensively. Seems that MacKay could be out for a while, which is very concerning as Chalmers hasn’t quite done it for us yet and MacKay seemed to be coming on to a game. 

Edited by JagsCG

Jury still out on keeper, did well with 1 on 1 and didn't do anything dreadful. Did notice a couple of times at goal kicks the centre halves were offering short option and he waved them away. 

That was part of the problem today, we couldn't pass through Morton when they pressed high up so went long way too often and Wilson mopped up almost all the second balls. 

That midfield combination worked very well against Motherwell but it wasn't happening today, obviously bringing on Bannigan or Stanway isn't the most exciting sub but needed done sooner. 

Said on our own thread I'm wondering if Doolan is a bit reluctant to sub Graham, that's two games in a row he shouldn't have finished and while there was the whole Diack issue last week I very much doubt Graham was the one coming off. 

Obviously need a right back, hoping if we get one that'll open things up and help improve Chalmers who had a decent first 20 then was hopeless. Noticed post on WAT saying MacKay had a knee injury which unless it's just a bang on the knee tends not to be something simple. 

Edited by Fuctifano

36 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Morton weren’t as eye bleeding as they have been in past encounters and actually passed about quite well at times I thought

Ohhhh Dougie Dougie, Dougie Dougie Dougie Dougie imireee 🎶 

19 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I know it's early days and I know it probably puts me into Thistle da territory but I already can't stand Logan Chalmers.

Apparently he wasnt 'flavour of the month' at Somerset either .

Maybe its the 'Grealish' headband.

Edited by TONTROOPER

Not sure how people are claiming Thistle were the better team there tbh.

Pleasantly surprised by our performance today, very encouraging. Boyes, Moffatt and Lyall impressed me today and we still have Shaw to come back in as well. Ali Crawford was actually ok as well. JET is an interesting one... there were times he looked like he'd never seen a football before and didn't know the objective of the game, then there were some nice touches, flicks, and hold up. Only problem was he didn't get in the box at all.

Special mention reserved for Iain Wilson. Top performance.

We looked pretty toothless. That hump the ball up front is pointless. We don't have one player up there to win it. Graham undroppable again, and Bannigan wouldn't have changed a game in his prime, let alone now. Still, first league game. Don't be such a gurney *******.

2 minutes ago, hatchetman said:

We looked pretty toothless. That hump the ball up front is pointless. We don't have one player up there to win it. Graham undroppable again, and Bannigan wouldn't have changed a game in his prime, let alone now. Still, first league game. Don't be such a gurney *******.

Maybe Graham is approaching his Andy Murray time.

11 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Bit early for the Tontrooper 'fallin doon juice isnt it Cowshed? 🤣

Let me enjoy myself I’m on route to a 50th that my misses is forcing me to attend, under the thumb ??? Yes correct  

Decent point and a much better than expected performance.

PT were a shocker can't see the team they had out today getting to the play offs.

Ian Wilson should have been giving MOM award ( not the PT runner up) was outstanding.

Edited by Paisley Ton
sober in the morning light

4 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Let me enjoy myself I’m on route to a 50th that my misses is forcing me to attend, under the thumb ??? Yes correct  

Allowed.

You and your good lady have a 'rerr terr!'

Just now, TONTROOPER said:

Allowed.

You and your good lady have a 'rerr terr!'

If we lost she’d get telt feck off I’m sitting with the dog tonight but a draw satasfies my needs happy wife happy life 😀