Partick Thistle 🔴🟡Vs Greenock Morton 🔵⚪️ - Saturday 3 August

Partick Thistle 🔴 🟡 vs Greenock Morton 🔵⚪️  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Away from the football for a moment, there was a young Morton fan who could not have been older than 13 in a bit of shock and was upset as an older partick fan had snatched his silk scarf from around his neck just before he entered the ground.

im all up for banter between sets of fans and I understand it’s part and parcel with the game, but stuff like this happens far too often around the country. It could be enough to put off the next generation of fans going to future games.

Perhaps I’m showing my age a bit now but personally do not see the need in it.

Had a bad feeling about bringing Reynolds and Davies and it was a very quick drop in attacking quality (JET, in the second half in particular, looked really good)

While he's probably not match-ready yet, I wouldn't like to see us relying on those two at any point (not Reynolds, certainly.)

6 minutes ago, DaftTon74 said:

Away from the football for a moment, there was a young Morton fan who could not have been older than 13 in a bit of shock and was upset as an older partick fan had snatched his silk scarf from around his neck just before he entered the ground.

im all up for banter between sets of fans and I understand it’s part and parcel with the game, but stuff like this happens far too often around the country. It could be enough to put off the next generation of fans going to future games.

Saw this as well and fully agree. Be it a 'Cowshed' silk or not that definitely doesn't make a young lad (not of his age, anyway) a target. Bet they felt proud after that.

That was dire. Pass marks for O’Reilly, Robinson and probably Roberts for us, and not much else. Thought JET had a decent game for Morton - should’ve scored after that horrendous back pass from McBeth, but bullied us aside from that. Wilson was the best player on the park, and won everything in midfield. 

As others have already said, Williams was horrendous. He’s a backup CB at best, not a first choice RB. Two important away games up next and we need someone in before next week. 

3 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I know it's early days and I know it probably puts me into Thistle da territory but I already can't stand Logan Chalmers.

I would agree that he’s been poor so far. In his defence, he’s getting no help at all from Williams at RB, who can’t or won’t get up and down to support him. I think we were spoiled by McMillan these past few seasons making runs beyond or inside our RW (usually Lawless), opening up a ton of space for the winger to operate in.

When you don’t have that overlapping support, the RW is essentially stuck trying to beat two defenders to get a ball in. Not easy.

On today, I thought we were really poor and actually lucky to come away with a point based on the second half. Wasiri continues to prove he’s not a RB and Morton played that perfectly; giving him all the room in the world, knowing he wasn’t going to do anything with it.

Our central midfield situation worries me as well, and right now I’m reluctantly placing the blame for that on the inclusion of Robbie Crawford, who I don’t think fits into what we’re trying to do. At the time I thought it was a strange signing and he’s done nothing to disprove that so far. We really need the guy playing next to Kyle Turner to break up play and win second balls, like McBeth or Stanway would, and instead we’ve got Crawford who is just a poor man’s Turner, not offering any defensive support and leaving us with no control of the midfield as a result.

A tough couple of away fixtures to come next. Not a good start.

45 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

Had a bad feeling about bringing Reynolds and Davies and it was a very quick drop in attacking quality (JET, in the second half in particular, looked really good)

While he's probably not match-ready yet, I wouldn't like to see us relying on those two at any point (not Reynolds, certainly.)

Saw this as well and fully agree. Be it a 'Cowshed' silk or not that definitely doesn't make a young lad (not of his age, anyway) a target. Bet they felt proud after that.

That’s disgusting.  How old was the Thistle fan (or should I say “fan”)?

MacKay on crutches today and out for a couple of months. f**king hell. 

Steven seemed to decide in the first half to ref the game on the basis that nothing was a foul or a booking, then for the last 20 minutes everything was a foul, which led to a really shit game becoming even shitter, the last ten minutes was just a succession of Morton free kicks in their own half. 

If that’s the best we can play at home,  when supposedly ‘fired up’ for the new season, then I dread to imagine the next 35 encounters.  Similar performances at home against better opposition and we certainly won’t win the league.

Where was the desire - or - the tactics to win that game? Or were we just happy not to concede?  I’ve mentioned before that this is a ‘coming of age’ season for Doolan. Stop being nice Kris.

1 hour ago, ClydeTon said:

1 hour ago, DaftTon74 said:

Did nobody step in to get it back off the c**t? 

2 hours ago, DaftTon74 said:

Unacceptable behaviour and should be dealt with, with a slap. if a Thistle fan witnessed it and done f**k all .. then it’s obviously very disappointing.

Last time I was at Morton away i witnessed the same shit 15/16 year olds running into older thistle fans, banging into them and running away.

no really funny at all

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

MacKay on crutches today and out for a couple of months. f**king hell. 

Steven seemed to decide in the first half to ref the game on the basis that nothing was a foul or a booking, then for the last 20 minutes everything was a foul, which led to a really shit game becoming even shitter, the last ten minutes was just a succession of Morton free kicks in their own half. 

Sad Inside Out GIF           Kleenex for Patrick.

Edited by TONTROOPER

6 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

Unacceptable behaviour and should be dealt with, with a slap. if a Thistle fan witnessed it and done f**k all .. then it’s obviously very disappointing.

Last time I was at Morton away i witnessed the same shit 15/16 year olds running into older thistle fans, banging into them and running away.

no really funny at all

Agreed. Football is all about banter but that kindness behaviour from any side is out of order. Would like to hope that decent folk intervene and at the very least tell the 'fans' to behave. 

Any fans behind the goal know what the exchange was about between Broadfoot and the home support?

Also, it was good to see Brian Graham have a quiet game (except when moaning to the referee).

41 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Graham wasn’t at the races today and Chalmers isn’t working on the right with Williams. No idea why Doolan didn’t bring Diack on, especially after last week’s complaints. 

BBG is a huge presence at the Club both on and off the Park.Championship player of the year and top scorer last season speaks volumes,however, there in lies the flaw as he seems to be untouchable when obviously needing hooked in games such as yesterday and against Motherwell.

Doolan is a young Manager still learning his trade but really needs to get the big boy trousers on when the team obviously needs a freshen up .BBG aside bringing on old mates loke Banzo when other younger and fresher legs on the bench furhter reinforces the point .

1 minute ago, I Clavdivs said:

BBG is a huge presence at the Club both on and off the Park.Championship player of the year and top scorer last season speaks volumes,however, there in lies the flaw as he seems to be untouchable when obviously needing hooked in games such as yesterday and against Motherwell.

Doolan is a young Manager still learning his trade but really needs to get the big boy trousers on when the team obviously needs a freshen up .BBG aside bringing on old mates loke Banzo when other younger and fresher legs on the bench furhter reinforces the point .

100% spot on! Game was crying out for a bit of dig in midfield and a change up front. We didnt get the change up front and bringing Bannigan on instead of Stanway was baffling. He really does need to toughen up and make tough decisions regarding his substitutions!

1 hour ago, AyrshireTon said:

Any fans behind the goal know what the exchange was about between Broadfoot and the home support?

Also, it was good to see Brian Graham have a quiet game (except when moaning to the referee).

Not saying that he doesn't but with the refs clamping down on players talking to them, this is something which will be happening more with all teams' captains.

11 hours ago, DaftTon74 said:

Presume the Thistle fan mistook it to be a cravat. Poor all the same. 

Was really annoyed at Delaney getting a booking for reacting when seconds previously he'd been on the deck. The ref had given the foul, booked Robinson and suddenly Zak was back on his feet trying to get at him. Really stupid and right in front of Dougie.

At times this seemed like a role reversal of the last few seasons, one team playing a passing game against the others’ hoofball. 
Did Partick improve the playing surface during close season as I don’t think we could’ve managed some of our link-up moves on the previous lumpy surface?