Southport stabbings

Seemingly somebody has been stabbing folk in the hospital 

So changed the title and the stabbings weren't in the hospital but the injured were taking there 

Edited by doulikefish

6 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Seemingly somebody has been stabbing folk in the hospital 

Stabbing was on a residential street in Southport.

8 hospitalised, some children involved (number as yet undefined) and taken to Alder Hey, which has declared a Major Incident.

Man apprehended. 

Alderhey closed the doors to the hospital for anything other than extreme emergencies due to taking kids in from the incident.

A sick b*****d has attacked a group of kids at Taylor Swift themed summer camp and stabbed multiple of them with reports of at least one fatality. 

I fucking hate what this world has become. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Stabbing was on a residential street in Southport.

8 hospitalised, some children involved (number as yet undefined) and taken to Alder Hey, which has declared a Major Incident.

Man apprehended. 

Got ye but still not good🥺

Amended the thread title

Edited by doulikefish

• doulikefish changed the title to Southport stabbings
50 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

17 year old arrested. Not terror-related.

I hope he has a very painful and short future.

And if the police are kicking his fucking head in, make sure no one's filming 

In situations like this my first thoughts are ‘mental health issues’.

Might not be the case but after 14 years of constant cutbacks in mental health services I wouldn’t be surprised.

1 hour ago, wellboy1991 said:

Alderhey closed the doors to the hospital for anything other than extreme emergencies due to taking kids in from the incident.

A sick b*****d has attacked a group of kids at Taylor Swift themed summer camp and stabbed multiple of them with reports of at least one fatality. 

I fucking hate what this world has become. 

Not sure what you mean by "what this world has become." This is an incredibly rare thing that's not getting any more common and these incidents happened in the past too.

Main lesson from this so far is thank fk he didn't have access to guns. 

46 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

In situations like this my first thoughts are ‘mental health issues’.

Might not be the case but after 14 years of constant cutbacks in mental health services I wouldn’t be surprised.

That's the meme

images (2).jpeg

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Two kids dead, and six in critical condition as well as two adults. 

I can’t think of a more horrific news story in this county. Kids apparently aged around 3 - 6. 

I can think of dozens, but not really the point at this stage.

It's absolutely atrocious.  I presume if the accused is 17 he won't be identified (until after any court verdict if the judge allows it), which will allow all sorts of bampots to lose the run of themselves.

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I can think of dozens, but not really the point at this stage.

Now I’ve thought about it, possibly. Just the sheer shock at the age of the kids. 

But yeah, irrelevant anyway. 

Horrendous incident for the victims, families, witnesses and first responders. 

There will be speculation around mental health which is the most likely reason for something like this. 

The usual fuckwits are out shouting from the roof tops about "immigrants"  

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Not sure what you mean by "what this world has become." This is an incredibly rare thing that's not getting any more common and these incidents happened in the past too.

Main lesson from this so far is thank fk he didn't have access to guns. 

Knife crime is a massive issue in this country, particularly amongst teenage people. Granted this is the first incident of this type in a long time,  but with the chronic underfunding of mental health services, social services and the rise in knife crime its a repeatable situation and not one we should be dismissive about. 

FWIW, I went to Southport as a kid and got wrongfully accused of smashing up a car in the street, which was instead done by a bunch of young teenagers who actively tried to pin it on me.  Not a fun weekend away.

I was thinking about that yesterday strangely enough.

17 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

What do you mean by this?

As in speculation about the name/background/nationality of the assailant will run wild, and most likely wildly inaccurate.

1 minute ago, O_Kahn said:

As in speculation about the name/background/nationality of the assailant will run wild, and most likely wildly inaccurate.

Ah OK. I see.

A town I have so much time for, having spent my teenage years there - and my avatar has long been our funniest centre half (89-90). Remember a few late nights out ending at the Bridge Cafe on Hart Street with a breakfast roll at 4am. This event is devastating for the town - dearly hope those remaining so unwell pull through.

Edited by cmontheloknow