St Johnstone v Aberdeen, Monday 05/08/24

10 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Anti vax and GBNews stuff on his socials.  Jeezo.  

I think it's the reposting of Tommy Robinson shite that is a sackable offence.

Seriously, can the club not get rid for this? Most employers have a social media policy which includes not posting ignorant inflammatory pish.

16 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Watching Morris last night reminded me at lot of Iwobi when he was at Arsenal.

Gets you up the pitch quickly, terrible decision making once he's there.

It’s so frustrating. For all the abuse he gets (a lot justifiably) he is a good dribbler and can get you into really dangerous areas, but he drives you absolutely mad. So many obvious runs being made off him and he just gets it wrong. 

He needs to learn his Aberdeen career will live and die by those decisions.

Edited by Dons_1988

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s so frustrating. For all the abuse he gets (a lot justifiably) he is a good dribbler and can get you into really dangerous areas, but he drives you absolutely mad. So many obvious runs being made off him and he just gets it wrong. 

He needs to learn his Aberdeen career will live and die by those decisions.

Yip. I think he's getting it a bit tighter than he should after last night. The pundits on TV were all impressed but you could tell they'd never really seen him before.

They were thinking he was good but could do x or y better when that might have been his best game so far.

13 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Gets you up the pitch quickly, terrible decision making once he's there.

Thought the same. Even when his decision-making is better, the execution just isn't up to it. There was an attack in the first half when he stood up the left back then burst past him... then crossed into no man's land. His pace and directness might prove most useful in getting other teams scrambling backwards a bit, which should make space for McGrath and Clarkson.

Think we could do with a first-choice winger down that side, though - anyone else noticed that? 

Was impressed with Nilsen and Mitov last night, and thought Molloy and Rubi looked good alongside each other. Gueye and Ambrose both really poor. Gueye's positional sense really is bad. Much sterner tests to come, of course, but it looked like everyone who started knew what they were supposed to be doing with the ball when they got it, which was refreshing to say the least.

I thought Nilsen looks like he'll be exposed horribly against better midfielder, tbh. Wants more time than he gets.

Molloy will make mistakes until he gets used to level too.

11 hours ago, The Saintee said:

The wee fud is also reposting Tommy Robinson shite as if he wasn't unlikeable enough.

Is he? f**king p***k. I'd like to think we'd be chasing him out of St Mirren for that sort of shite.

Obviously by 'chasing' I mean loaning him to a rival then conning them into paying actual money for his transfer.

Morris must be one of the most frustrating players in recent times. Clearly has some good attributes but as mentioned his decision making is terrible and his output is poor. Also fluffs basic short passes which completely unravels the attack and momentum. It's absolutely infuriating. Maybe a goal or an assist would boost his confidence and not sustaining another long term.

McGrath just keeps getting better in an Aberdeen shirt. He's such an important player for us

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I thought Nilsen looks like he'll be exposed horribly against better midfielder, tbh. Wants more time than he gets.

My concern with Nilsen against stronger sides would be his lack of pace as much as anything, but I agree on Molloy. There were times last night when he was a touch slow to get the ball out his feet, which will be a problem against a better press until he gets more experience.

There didn't seem to much of a plan at all from Saints last night. Get it to Kimpioka and hope he unsettles a defender enough that the ball breaks kindly? Keeper looked decent though. 

Just now, Ampersand said:

My concern with Nilsen against stronger sides would be his lack of pace as much as anything, but I agree on Molloy. There were times last night when he was a touch slow to get the ball out his feet, which will be a problem against a better press until he gets more experience.

There didn't seem to much of a plan at all from Saints last night. Get it to Kimpioka and hope he unsettles a defender enough that the ball breaks kindly? Keeper looked decent though. 

Nilsen may well get caught a bit against other teams but he strolled it last night. The pass for our second goal in itself was better than any St Johnstone player could manage.

As for no plan for Saints. Classic Levein isnt it. Hoof to a striker and hope for the best / hoof in to the box from any possible angle and hope for the best. 

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Don’t necessarily disagree on nilsen but thought the same after watching him in the league cup and actually thought last night he looked better than in any of those games so who knows. 

Molloy will make mistakes but I think he looks a good find and will be a good investment over time. Not that saints were amazing in their attacks but last seasons team didn’t stand up well to the kind of pressure we were under for spells last night so I’m hoping we keep that going. 

13 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Don’t necessarily disagree on nilsen but thought the same after watching him in the league cup and actually thought last night he looked better than in any of those games so who knows. 

Molloy will make mistakes but I think he looks a good find and will be a good investment over time. Not that saints were amazing in their attacks but last seasons team didn’t stand up well to the kind of pressure we were under for spells last night so I’m hoping we keep that going. 

Maybe he's one of those who always finds space and time so always looks like he needs it? Don't think I've described that right. 

Molloy reminds me of Scales.

Molloy is Scales-ish but I think he's got more aggression in him. Thought he did well last night, unlucky for the goal.

I don't know how long we can persist with Morris unless he improves his decisions/final ball ASAP. We could be on a 3 vs 1 break and I'd have no confidence he'll find a teammate