Depressed Dunfermline v Bouyant Bairns

17 minutes ago, North West said:

If we beat Falkirk that will be superb but it won't matter an actual f**k because the fans are becoming increasingly vocal and angry. There's a storm coming and soon, it'll be on their own heads.

Hang on, it’s fans’ fault??

In an ideal world for us, Saturdays game would be against a Morton or Queens Park. A run of the mill opening home fixture with a decent chance of winning. Unfortunately it comes against our big rivals, during a time where things don’t seem to be working on or off the park, whereas Falkirk are coming off the back of the invincible season, had a pretty good league cup campaign and won their first league game. We’re still suffering from the same hangover as last season, injuries and a real lack of good play. Whereas Falkirk seem to have a solid style of play.

Taking all of that into consideration then it’s a stick on home win.

10 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

A lot of Dunfermline fans saying the result is a foregone conclusion but I’m not buying that.

Dunfermline are going into the game defending a very good recent record vs Falkirk, with a big crowd behind them in a game they know they need to win to keep the fans onside and which will give them a huge boost. They’ll always want to stop Falkirk’s unbeaten league run.

This will be a very tight game.

I've never been surer of a Falkirk win going into this fixture and trust me its not bravado. Actually enjoyed watching them play last Friday, gave me the boke a wee bit.

10 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

In an ideal world for us, Saturdays game would be against a Morton or Queens Park. A run of the mill opening home fixture with a decent chance of winning. Unfortunately it comes against our big rivals, during a time where things don’t seem to be working on or off the park, whereas Falkirk are coming off the back of the invincible season, had a pretty good league cup campaign and won their first league game. We’re still suffering from the same hangover as last season, injuries and a real lack of good play. Whereas Falkirk seem to have a solid style of play.

Taking all of that into consideration then it’s a stick on home win.

It’s Falkirk not Barcelona we are playing. Won the tin pot league, unbeaten, so what.

We are well in with a chance on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

I've never been surer of a Falkirk win going into this fixture and trust me its not bravado. Actually enjoyed watching them play last Friday, gave me the boke a wee bit.

Well we don’t have long to wait to see how it’ll play out. I expect a very tight game with two teams totally committed to winning in front of a big passionate crowd.

20 minutes ago, Markpar said:

It’s Falkirk not Barcelona we are playing. Won the tin pot league, unbeaten, so what.

We are well in with a chance on Saturday.

That's more like it. Had the feeling your fellow Fifers were lulling us into believing this will be a cakewalk.

Would be happy to leave EEP with a 2-1 win.

1 minute ago, Blame Me said:

That's more like it. Had the feeling your fellow Fifers were lulling us into believing this will be a cakewalk.

Would be happy to leave EEP with a 2-1 win.

If you forced me to predict I'd obviously bias towards us but a single goal victory is what I'd bet on, and my thoughts on this league over the last couple of seasons and opening day doing nothing to dissuade me, is that you know nothing except that games will be hard fought. 

30 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

This fixture can throw up funny results so I'd take any sort of win here. Our last season in the Championship we won both matches at EEP despite being a complete rabble. 

Abdul Osman was a rock in one of them. His only performance in the Navy Blue tbf. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Abdul Osman was a rock in one of them. His only performance in the Navy Blue tbf. 

Holy f**k forgot all about him.

35 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

This fixture can throw up funny results so I'd take any sort of win here. Our last season in the Championship we won both matches at EEP despite being a complete rabble. 

Tbf that same season we scudded you 4-2 at your place, and it was such a one sided game, at 4-1 we really should have gone 5 or 6 up, and conceded really late for 4-2.  That was one of the worst pars teams I’ve seen, happened to come up against one of the worst Falkirk teams I’ve ever seen.

I think this time though, the results only going one way.  Hope springs eternal though.

On 08/08/2024 at 10:36, parsboi said:

Tbf that same season we scudded you 4-2 at your place, and it was such a one sided game, at 4-1 we really should have gone 5 or 6 up, and conceded really late for 4-2.  That was one of the worst pars teams I’ve seen, happened to come up against one of the worst Falkirk teams I’ve ever seen.

I think this time though, the results only going one way.  Hope springs eternal though.

I remember when the 4th goal went in about half way through the second-half and I feared it could 6, 7 or 8. Was actually relieved at keeping it to 4, which just about sums up how f**king bad that team was. Just had a wee look at the starting 11 and it included Joe McKee, Ruben Sammut, Scott Harrison and Dennon Lewis. Proper ‘if you don’t laugh, you’ll cry’ stuff. 

Although it gave us ultimately short-lived hope, the 1-0 win at EEP with Keillor-Dunn scoring was a laugh. Seem to remember Hippolyte hitting the post from about 3 yards out. We were so bad we couldn’t even accept his help in trying to keep us up.

Expecting a tough and very close game tomorrow. I trust our guys to be up for it, which I can’t have always said about Falkirk teams in the past. Bit worried about Kane being back though, think that makes you a lot more dangerous.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

How likely is Nesbitt to make this?  Really feel we missed his engine against queens.  Oliver didn't do anything wrong, just don't think he is as much of a threat and a pest to the opposition as Aidan is.

Despite us still having a few injuries, I'm confident we have enough depth to win this.  Judging by what I've read on here, we will cause their defence problems and create chances, if we even take 1 and sneak a 1-0 win I'll be happy, COYB!

Last time we were at EEP we were in fairly buoyant mood and had a huge travelling support and completely shit the bed.

I would be most unhappy if we did the same tomorrow though with the current team I think that is highly unlikely.

37 minutes ago, some_guy said:

How likely is Nesbitt to make this?  Really feel we missed his engine against queens.  Oliver didn't do anything wrong, just don't think he is as much of a threat and a pest to the opposition as Aidan is.

Despite us still having a few injuries, I'm confident we have enough depth to win this.  Judging by what I've read on here, we will cause their defence problems and create chances, if we even take 1 and sneak a 1-0 win I'll be happy, COYB!

Caught some of the training session at the stadium when I was buying Hertz tickets on Tuesday, could see Nesbitt was running hard with the rest of them, so hopefully he'll be ok for tomorrow... 

Narrow win will do for me but if the Pars have a an off-day…the more the merrier!!!

Let’s get stuck in and show we mean business and not shit the bed like last time at EEP

Sub-Peter Grant levels of optimism for this team. 

However, there are some class individuals in the Pars team and if by some miracle they turn up fit and by a further miracle play in some manner conducive to scoring goals and, by a further miracle the keeper and defenders don’t add to their growing showreel of howlers then we just might scud Falkirk. 

However, with 40+mph winds forecast, which falls into the “threat to life and property” category we’ll gift Falkirk a goal or two and not score any.