🔵⚪️Raith Rovers vs Partick Thistle🔴🟡 - 10th August 2024

6 minutes ago, The Kebab Pie said:

There seems to be some sort of weird propaganda across social media and some on here that the Rovers were some what good yesterday. Realistically, two teams flinging shite at each other on a terrible surface in terrible conditions. Raith squeezed the game in the middle of the park meaning we would then need to try and launch one into BG. Never really worked but on the flip side any time raith got the ball they just launched it into a corner to try and play for 2nd balls. Which is strange because you’d thought with boys like easton and stanton in there they would try and play. 

No gripes re. The penalty. But on the red card maybe I’m seeing it with slightly thistle tinted glasses the tackle was no where near “knee high”. From the footage it looks like robinson tries to get his foot inbetween connolly and the ball to drag away and connolly nicks in just before him. I’d say a nailed on booking but a red? Not for me. I’ll let the ref off with trying to play advantage, i know some people have tried to say it should have been brought back. But we did still have possession of the ball.

Poor result / performance from the jags, I’m not writing us off just yet. Still think there will be a couple of players to come in between now and the end of the window. Plus lawless and mackay to come back in (hopefully) before Christmas

Aye that's what he did, unfortunately he stamped his foot down in a way that really was unnecessary. There were better ways to get the ball. It's a red every day just for the stamping motion. 

10 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Aye that's what he did, unfortunately he stamped his foot down in a way that really was unnecessary. There were better ways to get the ball. It's a red every day just for the stamping motion. 

So if you stand on someone’s foot now its a red card? What was the better way to win it? Go straight legged straight into his knees and then it is a stonewall red card? Its a yellow card and a foul all day long nothing more

1 minute ago, The Kebab Pie said:

So if you stand on someone’s foot now its a red card? What was the better way to win it? Go straight legged straight into his knees and then it is a stonewall red card? Its a yellow card and a foul all day long nothing more

If you stamp down with force yes, there were also other directions he could have gone, left or right for example into a bit of space. It was a poor decision from Robinson. Dumped his team mates in it when they were starting to find spaces going forward.

9 minutes ago, The Kebab Pie said:

14 minutes ago, The Kebab Pie said:

Maybe my reading comprehension isn't what it once was. Are you seriously arguing that that isn't a red card? 

And if so, are you permanently doolally or is this a phase that you're hoping will pass? 

18 minutes ago, The Kebab Pie said:

or in this instance - don't win it at all and let the ref pull it back for the free kick, which he was exactly about to do.

1 hour ago, The Kebab Pie said:

There seems to be some sort of weird propaganda across social media and some on here that the Rovers were some what good yesterday. Realistically, two teams flinging shite at each other on a terrible surface in terrible conditions. Raith squeezed the game in the middle of the park meaning we would then need to try and launch one into BG. Never really worked but on the flip side any time raith got the ball they just launched it into a corner to try and play for 2nd balls. Which is strange because you’d thought with boys like easton and stanton in there they would try and play. 

No gripes re. The penalty. But on the red card maybe I’m seeing it with slightly thistle tinted glasses the tackle was no where near “knee high”. From the footage it looks like robinson tries to get his foot inbetween connolly and the ball to drag away and connolly nicks in just before him. I’d say a nailed on booking but a red? Not for me. I’ll let the ref off with trying to play advantage, i know some people have tried to say it should have been brought back. But we did still have possession of the ball.

Poor result / performance from the jags, I’m not writing us off just yet. Still think there will be a couple of players to come in between now and the end of the window. Plus lawless and mackay to come back in (hopefully) before Christmas

Crazy in the coconut.

1 hour ago, The Kebab Pie said:

It's not too late to crack out this 🎣 and pretend you were at the windup all along. 

Good win for us as I’d have ripped your arm off for a point before the game with everything that’s happened at Stark’s lately. Thought Thistle played some nice football but was a little surprised by the lack of end product especially with Graham up top who didn’t have a great game, something just wasn’t happening for them and I guess credit to our back line for that. Amazing both teams were most peoples pick for the league this year and we’re not exactly setting the heather alight first two games. I’ve no doubt Thistle will turn it around very shortly as there's some good players in that team. Well done to the Thistle fans always a great backing our end was pretty quiet but I guess we’ve not much to sing about just now until we sort things out in the dugout. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

3 hours ago, The Kebab Pie said:

It was a deliberate stamp no interest in winning the ball luckily for Connolly it was his foot and not his shin bone , Stupid tackle and for me a needless one 

Might be better on our own thread, but courtesy of @The Thistle Archive link and Jagzone archive I've gone through all our red cards since 12/13 - date chosen as when JZ video archive starts- and stripped out those for 2nd yellows* and "last man" straight reds, leaves the following 19. The last column is my take on it, factual data courtesy of TTA.

Muirhead vs QoS obviously remains legendary and Erskine on Morelos was quite good, if you're going to get a red vs the OF make it worth your while. Probably cost us an exceptionally rare win vs them though.

I had forgotten about Christie Ellliott vs St  J though, their player in the corner lying on the ground trying to hold onto the ball after we get a free kick for the St J guy falling on top of the ball and and Elliott encourages him to let go of it by booting him in the plums.

*the only one I think was worse than Robinson yesterday in this period might be Hugh Murray against Morton where he broke the boy's leg but only got a 2nd yellow for it. Bannigan vs Ayr I think was him trying to get himself sent off rather than do any severe damage to the Ayr player.

image.thumb.png.b3381748c9036b88df583a299b4a7aef.png

Edited by Fuctifano

5 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Did Muirhead not get another red for head butting Cammy Kerr a few years ago? Would’ve been in their championship winning season at Firhill. 

That was also a second yellow but yeah guess that could have been a red if the ref had chosen

5 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Maybe my reading comprehension isn't what it once was. Are you seriously arguing that that isn't a red card? 

And if so, are you permanently doolally or is this a phase that you're hoping will pass? 

Doolanlally surely…..