🔵⚪️Raith Rovers vs Partick Thistle🔴🟡 - 10th August 2024

Punting of Murray makes this a much more interesting proposition, with Partick now having a lot to potentially prepare for…although injuries will assist as it reduces our practical formation choices a good bit. We somewhat lack decent outright striker choices beyond perhaps Vaughan and Smith, but still have plenty of midfield and wing options. With the potential nicks at CB/FB, that will also disrupt our normal choices. I’d expect something more akin to a 3-5-2, with the composition of the 3 and 2 being highly variable,

Given the suspected injury list and us having no manager, I can see an away win for Partick here, perhaps by 2 or 3.  Indications are we'll be without Hanlon, Fordyce, Brown, Smith, Hamilton at the very least, question marks over Stevenson and Freeman was left out as well. Also noticed at the Hamilton game that Kev has his thigh heavily strapped, either precaution or he's nursing an injury as well. 

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Punting of Murray makes this a much more interesting proposition, with Partick now having a lot to potentially prepare for…although injuries will assist as it reduces our practical formation choices a good bit. We somewhat lack decent outright striker choices beyond perhaps Vaughan and Smith, but still have plenty of midfield and wing options. With the potential nicks at CB/FB, that will also disrupt our normal choices. I’d expect something more akin to a 3-5-2, with the composition of the 3 and 2 being highly variable,

I'll be astonished if 2 out of our 3 recognised strikers are fit. 

Just now, CountryBumpkin said:

Given the suspected injury list and us having no manager, I can see an away win for Partick here, perhaps by 2 or 3.  Indications are we'll be without Hanlon, Fordyce, Brown, Smith, Hamilton at the very least, question marks over Stevenson and Freeman was left out as well. Also noticed at the Hamilton game that Kev has his thigh heavily strapped, either precaution or he's nursing an injury as well. 

Vaughan run in to the ground after no pre season too. You wouldn't bet on him being fit to play much of the game.

Murray not looking 100% either.

10 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

I'll be astonished if 2 out of our 3 recognised strikers are fit. 

Hamilton will probably be out, Vaughan might be and Smith should hopefully be ok.

Really hoping we have two signings in before this game. Obviously a right back, but another attacking player too. A third striker is clearly needed and it is now looking like another winger is also required with yet another injury, this time to McKay.

6 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Thistle win by 2 or 3. We haven’t scored in two games with hardly any shots on target so can’t see it. 

We have transformed ourselves from  having a genuine feel good factor about us to being the first crisis club of the season in the space of 2 months. Some achievement.

Other than maybe Falkirk Thistle are the last team we needed to play this weekend. We'll be 0 for 2 at ten to five. 

1 hour ago, bagpuss said:

We have transformed ourselves from  having a genuine feel good factor about us to being the first crisis club of the season in the space of 2 months. Some achievement.

Other than maybe Falkirk Thistle are the last team we needed to play this weekend. We'll be 0 for 2 at ten to five. 

I went to the East Fife friendly on 29th June and, Vaughan absence apart, it looked like we had strengthened well and I was looking forward to the season ahead. We’re now at 4th August and we’ve imploded. 

Before Murray got sacked I was half-jokingly thinking that whatever manager loses this match might be under a bit of pressure given pre-season expectations but obviously half of that is out the window.

Need to see if we get a right back or another striker in AND avoid another player incurring a multi-month injury this week before gauging my confidence level for this.

Let’s get some action here…obviously the next big thing, Jake Nicholson, will be starting at striker for the Rovers! (Is that happy-clapper, youth pushing Tx enough for everyone?)

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

See for once, could you stop talking absolute shite

It's a trait on this forum, we all have 'fans' that talk absolute shite tbh