Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If Brown hadn’t been backed this summer then I could see the thought behind it, at least from his POV. We’ve gave him pretty much everything he’s needed and are still looking to add to the squad. Couple that with the start to the season we’ve made and he’ll probably feel we’ve got just as good a chance (maybe better) as Raith do of getting promoted. 

However from Raiths POV it would still be a massive gamble. He hasn’t actually proved himself yet and we could just as easily fall off a cliff if we lose to Hamilton on Saturday. 

What I would say is if I was a Raith fan and I was reading most of the names linked, I think I’d probably have preferred Murray to still be in charge. 

3 Nails hit squarely on the head.

At this time I would definitely rather have Ian Murray than Scott Brown as Rovers manager. Whoever we appoint though I think we need to judge probably halfway through the season. If we are nowhere then the board have made a cock-up of epic proportions however if we have our "swagger back" then they have acted with ruthless efficiency....

Nae pressure :)

Is this a process of elimination? Rhys McCabe defeats Ian Murray so he's the favourite Scott Brown takes out McCabe so he's now getting the job, If Rankin wins at Somerset on Saturday will he be the next one to be linked?

3 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Is this a process of elimination? Rhys McCabe defeats Ian Murray so he's the favourite Scott Brown takes out McCabe so he's now getting the job, If Rankin wins at Somerset on Saturday will he be the next one to be linked?

Was reading the thread and was actually going to say this lol, didn't realise the Ayr Airdrie game on Friday was winner gets the Raith job🤣

10 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

I think you've nailed it. 

Any manager signing on will surely be a bit nervous that they will be out the door by Christmas if we arent right up there in the mix. 

11 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

I want all the Championship, L1 and L2 managers, Royal Rumble style.  With some surprise entrants, "That's Nacho Novo's music"   Last man standing gets the Rovers job.

Stick it on Raith TV, we'll make a packet.  

I heard Scott Brown made his interest known to the club rather than the club sounding him out.

That's the point in a managerial vacancy without some wild rumours and speculation?

If as the club state their preferred candidate is in a job then correct me if I,m wrong but in the football world the club would require permission to approach and speak to this said person.Now when that happens its usually all over the media.The fact we have heard nothing could suggest we have managed unlike other clubs to keep it top secret or we are not close to appointing a manager

I,d be very surprised if Scott Brown is in the frame or even remotely interested

Edited by Rovers_Lad

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

If as the club state their preferred candidate is in a job then correct me if I,m wrong but in the football world the club would require permission to approach and speak to this said person.Now when that happens its usually all over the media.The fact we have heard nothing could suggest we have managed unlike other clubs to keep it top secret or we are not close to appointing a manager

I,d be very surprised if Scott Brown is in the frame or even remotely interested

If the preferred candidate is a manager yes, if its a coach etc probably not so much. 

2 hours ago, william somerville said:

The silence from Starks Park is deafening maybe can't say who because they are still employed by another team or there are no suitable candidates at this moment. Will there be anything done this week very hard to tell . Just have to be patient I suppose.

As a casual observer of your managerial situation do you not think your fixed structure is a problem?
Most new managers would want their own assistant but you have Colin Cameron as Assistant Manger on a long contract. Then you have John Potter who appears to be in control of all football related matters. Can’t see any experienced or previously successful manager/coach working under him.

6 minutes ago, JohnGAYR said:

As a casual observer of your managerial situation do you not think your fixed structure is a problem?
Most new managers would want their own assistant but you have Colin Cameron as Assistant Manger on a long contract. Then you have John Potter who appears to be in control of all football related matters. Can’t see any experienced or previously successful manager/coach working under him.

image.jpeg.e204fd0cbe46531f499f25a451ad7d97.jpeg

Burn the Heretic

You can't say that about our structure

3 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Funny thing is, the media for some reason don't appear to be interested in our situation, they're usually all over clubs speculating who the manager might be. 

No they're far too interested in Rangers offering up Scottish football's latest European failure or Celtic spunking £9.5m on Idah.