Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, lgb61 said:

Hopefully his contract is written such as, if he is shite, we can punt him at minimum financial penalty, his bonus would come on promotion only.

I'm sure David Healy will be itching to sign this deal. 

13 hours ago, hatchetman said:

I can assure you there is a large proportion of the Linfield support who won't miss David Healy. As is the case with any club any support.  I don't want to denigrate Healy, (I seen his goals and even forgave him for his rangers time) but you have made such a pigs arse of this that you are scrabbling about looking for anyone who might measure up. Just ring Stephen and be done with it.

Thank you for your astute insight!!

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

Linfield have confirmed to media that we have approached them and they have granted permission for us to speak to Healy. I am not sure why we’d go through that process if our intention was to keep Potter in his current role. Likewise we have also spoken to the Cork City manager.

If you look at our transformation on and off the pitch in the last year, it’s quite clear to see why Rovers would have some belief in the current board. It’s not blind faith but I think they’ve earned a bit of trust and patience. We’ve signed one player without a manager, I don’t see how one player would be a deal breaker when the manager will already walk in to a squad of 22 signed players. Barrowman has been clear the manager will still have scope to add a couple of his own players.

The playing budget increased by 8% last year in Murray’s second season. Former chairman, John Sim had previously confirmed in an interview in Murray’s first season that the budget had been cut from McGlynn’s last season. 

So what was the budget? FWIW IMO it will all end in tears at Raith as the supporters don’t get a say in how it is run. 

Edited by BPM

58 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Tbf, I was first to reply to the Kucheriavyi chat. A player iv seen lots of and really liked, but will stand by that he isn't better than Spencer or Tait, both of whom are our players. 

Cant say I know how he'd fair in other midfields tbh. Boys a pler, but I think he needs to be in a good midfield to shine. 

He is ok, certainly not shit.  The point was more around how this guy who wouldn't get a game for you would walk into every other team's first 11.  It's a really good laugh. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

It's the oddest club thread of them all, just enormous chips on shoulder fully on display everywhere.  Patter free zone. 

Saw someone suggesting this morning that Max Kucheriavyi would start for every team in the championship with the exception, of course, of Falkirk who have all of the best players :lol: 

These guys are going to have one hell of a comedown in the coming weeks

With the views shared by their CEO last week it’s obvious that Falkirk FC as a whole have a greatly inflated idea of how big or good a club they are.

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

With the views shared by their CEO last week it’s obvious that Falkirk FC as a whole have a greatly inflated idea of how big or good a club they are.

oh how the might will fall

25 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Jeremy Beadle new Raith manager.

Sounds like he has taken the gig of catering manager at somerset😛.

I wonder if he would go with a big man, small man partnership front. At least he knows Debrowski is a safe pair of hands.

30 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Jeremy Beadle new Raith manager.

Hopefully he'll get a warm reception and a big hand from the fans. 

39 minutes ago, BPM said:

So what was the budget? FWIW IMO it will all end in tears at Raith as the supporters don’t get a say in how it is run. 

I’ve already told you the increase (although upon checking, I was wrong, it was actually only a 7% increase last season), the full football operations figure was disclosed in the document shared with our club 1883 members but I am not going to share that with you, a random Falkirk punter on the internet. If you care that much, you can scroll back through the Raith Rovers thread, I am sure someone shared it at the time.

There is more than one way to run a football club. Fan ownership seems to be working well for Falkirk at the moment but you have had your own near misses with disaster in the short lived time under the current model (fortunate cup run covering a huge financial black hole and not being able to afford Goodwillie despite an initial bid).

I am sure given our history many Rovers fans will watch closely how we proceed but with crowds doubled, hospitality and commercial revenue higher than ever and investment into the stadium and facilities, I think most Rovers fans will not share your grave concern.

FWIW although not fan owned, the support are consulted regularly on many decisions such as sponsorship and name change of the Turnbull Hutton stand, ticket allocations for Dundee United and various other commercial ventures.

I won’t be replying to anything else because it seems quite clear you have your own agenda and will plough on with it in blissful ignorance despite any and all evidence to the contrary so let’s leave it at that.

6 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I’ve already told you the increase (although upon checking, I was wrong, it was actually only a 7% increase last season), the full football operations figure was disclosed in the document shared with our club 1883 members but I am not going to share that with you, a random Falkirk punter on the internet. If you care that much, you can scroll back through the Raith Rovers thread, I am sure someone shared it at the time.

There is more than one way to run a football club. Fan ownership seems to be working well for Falkirk at the moment but you have had your own near misses with disaster in the short lived time under the current model (fortunate cup run covering a huge financial black hole and not being able to afford Goodwillie despite an initial bid).

I am sure given our history many Rovers fans will watch closely how we proceed but with crowds doubled, hospitality and commercial revenue higher than ever and investment into the stadium and facilities, I think most Rovers fans will not share your grave concern.

FWIW although not fan owned, the support are consulted regularly on many decisions such as sponsorship and name change of the Turnbull Hutton stand, ticket allocations for Dundee United and various other commercial ventures.

I won’t be replying to anything else because it seems quite clear you have your own agenda and will plough on with it in blissful ignorance despite any and all evidence to the contrary so let’s leave it at that.

this

17 hours ago, Enigma said:

You can knock Healy’s titles if you like but Murray has won zip in his managerial career.

Where were you before Murray came in? He got you immediately challenging for the title in his first full season against a team with effectively an SPL budget.

Honestly, one crack at promotion and the air of entitlement from some Raith fans is palpable 

Just now, Right in the Stanchion said:

Where were you before Murray came in? He got you immediately challenging for the title in his first full season against a team with effectively an SPL budget.

Second full season. Where were you for his first full season? It wasn’t pretty. Scattergun recruitment, pish like Fredrikson and Connor McBride.

You can't hold Murrays recruitment on the first season against him. We literally had no money and Berra retired 2 days before the league started. 

With that said he got Scott Brown, Dylan Easton and Connor O'Riordan on loan. 

Healy probably be decent. Lot of expectation and pressure. Be interesting to see how he goes.

The cynic might suggest that's there's going to be an opening at Rangers in the next year or so and he's just positioning himself to make the jump. Would work in both parties interests in short term at least. 

42 minutes ago, Right in the Stanchion said:

Honestly, one crack at promotion and the air of entitlement from some Raith fans is palpable 

Exactly!

You are not at our level to discuss such topics.

1 hour ago, Right in the Stanchion said:

We finished 3rd, then 5th before Murray came in and lead us to 7th in his first full season tbh.

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

You can't hold Murrays recruitment on the first season against him. We literally had no money and Berra retired 2 days before the league started. 

With that said he got Scott Brown, Dylan Easton and Connor O'Riordan on loan. 

Which brings us round again to thanking John McGlynn for dishing out contracts which were increasing by huge percentages year on year in a hugely risky gamble.