Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Brown, Byrne and Matthews are all more than fine in the holding roles. In the number 10 position we've got Vaughan and Easton. If he's on form he's fantastic but no player is indispensable and it takes a relatively positive managerial prospect away from a rival. 

Fair enough with your opinion but whilst I doubt there’s any merit to it happening it wouldn’t wash with me.

Lose arguably for some the best player in the team plus only recognised striker to bring in a rookie manager.

Board would be putting themselves under massive pressure if that was the case. 

11 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Brown, Byrne and Matthews are all more than fine in the holding roles. In the number 10 position we've got Vaughan and Easton. If he's on form he's fantastic but no player is indispensable and it takes a relatively positive managerial prospect away from a rival. 

Given the complete lack of any link between the midfield and forwards at the Airdrie game, I wouldn't rush to get rid of a guy who can genuinely play box to box if the system allows.

*not that I believe the rumour for a second

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, ARaithFan said:

Talk of Stanton moving is nonsense. We have zero info (credit to the club) so folk are making shit up. Stanton is still one of the best CM’s, if not the best in the league.

I don’t believe you! Next you’ll be telling us the cat isn’t one the front runners for the vacancy too

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Heard that Brown has agreed terms and will be announced tomorrow.  The hold up has been that Raith couldn't afford to match our demands so Stanton and Hamilton are being transferred in lieu of payment. 

Announcement tomorrow afternoon.  

Definitely fits with our strategy of having two players for every position. Hamilton could understudy Dowds and Stanton could provide cover for Dempsey.

50 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Come on we are well and truely at the point of wild speculation. 

The more mental the better. 

With that said Brown seems to be the only decent ish name being repeated and if that's the case Ayr are in a very strong negotiating position. 

2td35s.jpg.bb39ed62250c6f4608835a8230a56654.jpg

15 hours ago, spot on said:

Courts is presently under contract for a Saudi club as a coach and has only recently taken up the post. I very much doubt he will be giving that up so soon after starting 

Didn't see that @spot on thanks for keeping me right

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Liam Fox would be great.

Reveal hidden contents

Obviously the Tory, the football coach is done.

Instead of McPake?   Aye it'd be an upgrade.

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Heard that Brown has agreed terms and will be announced tomorrow.  The hold up has been that Raith couldn't afford to match our demands so Stanton and Hamilton are being transferred in lieu of payment. 

Announcement tomorrow afternoon.  

Genius bit of comedy, far too outrageously obvious to be considered fishing...yet...........

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

The club would be as well coming out waiving a white flag with a statement saying we have royally f**ked this up. 

We don't do that! We double down

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

The cat told me. 

Ahhh the true genius revealed, what a muse or should that be mews?

1 hour ago, Rover1990 said:

Nah feels more like there has been a fall out now regardless of the PR from Barrowman saying not.

Frankly I'd put Barrowman in the same boat as Alan Crow from the press, he'll tell you what he thinks you want to hear.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Lee Bullen has been spotted in Kirkcaldy Tesco.

Reveal hidden contents

I have never been to Kirkcaldy, but I assume it has a Tesco.

Shelf filling in the mince aisle?

4 hours ago, TheLangToon said:

He is defo in Saudi 100% Was back in Kirkcaldy the other week for a few days and flew back. 

Is he just popping back to tie up loose ends and pack?

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Are folk still believing Brown will take a sideways step and leave us for Raith? Heavy gear you must be on to think it will happen 😂

I for one am desperately hoping there's absolutely nothing in it.

1 hour ago, DG_RRFC said:

I can't believe how many people have taken this seriously 

That's because it's exactly the type of thing we've seen repeatedly happen at SP over the years

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

For fecks sake Barrowman make an announcement,  the wild speculation has got out of hand, or admit you've made a cnut of it

Or...keep quiet until we get the right man in the door, that isn't Liam Fox, please and thank you.

Going by some of the raith fans on here, I wonder if barrowman sacked Murray and just expected to have the pick of managers to choose from. However, it seems that is not the case so now left trying to think of other options. Certainly doesn’t feel like it was planned. 

10 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Going by some of the raith fans on here, I wonder if barrowman sacked Murray and just expected to have the pick of managers to choose from. However, it seems that is not the case so now left trying to think of other options. Certainly doesn’t feel like it was planned. 

He said it wasn't a knee jerk reaction, but now I've got my doubts about that

13 minutes ago, Aufc said:

The longer it goes with nothing happening the more it starts to feel like this maybe hasn't gone the way they expected.  Barrowman's interview probably hasn't helped that though, doing that interview talking about how they had a plan in place with a shortlist and saying that an appointment would happen in days not weeks set expectations.  

I mean we might well announce a new manager tomorrow and it'll make complete sense why it took a bit longer than expected.  But starting to get the fear that nothing will be announced tomorrow and we'll end up with Liam Fox getting the job middle of next week, and if that happens then the board have well and truly f**ked it.

1 minute ago, SanStarko said:

The longer it goes with nothing happening the more it starts to feel like this maybe hasn't gone the way they expected.  Barrowman's interview probably hasn't helped that though, doing that interview talking about how they had a plan in place with a shortlist and saying that an appointment would happen in days not weeks set expectations.  

I mean we might well announce a new manager tomorrow and it'll make complete sense why it took a bit longer than expected.  But starting to get the fear that nothing will be announced tomorrow and we'll end up with Liam Fox getting the job middle of next week, and if that happens then the board have well and truly f**ked it.

Or after today's Dunfermline news, maybe our board has known about it and waiting on McPake to jump ship 🤮😥

You would think the smart move would to be, smile at Murray after the Airdrie game and tell him you'll have a meeting in a few days. 

Phone a few agents on the Monday and see who would be interested if the opportunity arises in the coming days should you sack Murray. 

Sack Murray and then approach clubs or individuals in an official manner. 

It looks like he's been raging at something, pulled the trigger and then jumped to the last step. Brown is unrealistic, McCabe is more realistic but he seems the type to be expecting the Man United gig next. Thats about it from the Championship. 

On Saturday, they said the main candidate was in a job, That wouldn't rule out Courts, maybe he doesn't like Saudi or he wants to be his own man. 

15 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I would imagine that sacking Murray after 1 league game has had the knock on effect to their negotiations with the appointment. If as stated that it could be someone employed elsewhere then I'm sure their agents will be driving a hard bargain when it comes to contract length and termination clauses.

Of course I'm not naive enough to know that throwing money at someone works as well.