Aberdeen v Still undefeated in Europe St Mirren

We will surely need to make changes given our current box office Buddies schedule of Thursday/Sunday/Thursday/Sunday. Goes without saying a trip to Aberdeen is a challenge. It always is. Good result for them away in Perth recently. Good result for us against Hibs too obviously.

0-4. Obviously. 😀

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

We will surely need to make changes given our current box office Buddies schedule of Thursday/Sunday/Thursday/Sunday. Goes without saying a trip to Aberdeen is a challenge. It always is. Good result for them away in Perth recently. Good result for us against Hibs too obviously.

0-4. Obviously. 😀

Could be, with four VAR atrocities in St Mirren’s favour.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You might actually need your shades in Bergen.

If they put an end product onto their slick movement and passing, then this thread title will have aged badly.

This one feels like a stretch for me while we're having to rotate and players will be tired off Thursday. No excuses: this is what we've all wanted, but I think a Dons win/BTTS looks a decent shout.

Will be interesting to see how far we rotate. I suspect we might switch back to a narrow 3-4-3 with Idowu and James Scott either side of Mandron. CBM and Adeniran in the middle.

It’s some comedown having to deal with bottom six clubs like Hibs and Aberdeen in the midst of our European run.

I see SK Brann have been given the weekend off from league duty to help them focus their attention and energy on their game against us next week. Naturally, no such foresight exists within Scotland, and we’ve been given an away game three hours drive from Paisley. 
It goes without saying that our priority has to be getting through that tie on Thursday, and the team we pick for this distraction on Sunday must be with that in mind. 
The SPFL clearly has no interest in giving our representatives in Europe the best chance of increasing the leagues declining coefficient, we’ll just have to do all we can, in spite of them. 

I think Thelin is the best manager Aberdeen have had since McInnes, and while it's always possible they'll again finish near the relegation zone I don't see it unless "something f**ky happens".

With that in mind, it's important to take the points from them before Thelin gets them settled, the problem for us is we are both juggling injuries and fitness in an attempt to progress in Europe.

I'm not saying a win is off the cards, we definitely had their number last season, firing in 7 goals to Aberdeen's 3, and picking up 7 out of the 9 available points, but even then I'd be happy to take a very dull draw with no injuries.

39 minutes ago, Ric said:

I think Thelin is the best manager Aberdeen have had since McInnes, and while it's always possible they'll again finish near the relegation zone I don't see it unless "something f**ky happens".

With that in mind, it's important to take the points from them before Thelin gets them settled, the problem for us is we are both juggling injuries and fitness in an attempt to progress in Europe.

I'm not saying a win is off the cards, we definitely had their number last season, firing in 7 goals to Aberdeen's 3, and picking up 7 out of the 9 available points, but even then I'd be happy to take a very dull draw with no injuries.

0-0 shitfest with no injuries ahead of Thursday? Where do I sign? Too early in their new manager’s reign for us opposition fans to judge, but you’d have to imagine at the very least he’ll be annoyingly competent at his job. 

2 hours ago, Lex said:

It’s some comedown having to deal with bottom six clubs like Hibs and Aberdeen in the midst of our European run.

I see SK Brann have been given the weekend off from league duty to help them focus their attention and energy on their game against us next week. Naturally, no such foresight exists within Scotland, and we’ve been given an away game three hours drive from Paisley. 
It goes without saying that our priority has to be getting through that tie on Thursday, and the team we pick for this distraction on Sunday must be with that in mind. 
The SPFL clearly has no interest in giving our representatives in Europe the best chance of increasing the leagues declining coefficient, we’ll just have to do all we can, in spite of them. 

Pretty sure the same thing happened to Aberdeen last season at the same point, didn't it? St Mirren away between two big European ties? Anyway, it's what we wanted, I don't mind an early season loss in Aberdeen if we can give it our best shot on Thursday.

12 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

0-0 shitfest with no injuries ahead of Thursday? Where do I sign? Too early in their new manager’s reign for us opposition fans to judge, but you’d have to imagine at the very least he’ll be annoyingly competent at his job. 

Even if it meant we ended up dropping down the table, I don't think there is a Saints fan on here who would want to risk putting more than is necessary into this game.

I note several people asked why Robinson kept the same lineup despite it not working the other night, and imo, I think that is just down to game time. I've got a feeling that'll happen on Sunday too.

I don’t see this going particularly well tomorrow to be honest. 

I suspect it’ll be a lesson for thelin in what he’s likely to come up against when trying to maximise the number of counter attacks in a game. St Mirren won’t allow us that, and I expect it to be the first smack in the mouth as we don’t yet have the quality in the building (I think) to overcome that. 

Not necessarily a disaster if it comes to pass. New faces on the way and likely to be a bit of a learning curve. 

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t see this going particularly well tomorrow to be honest. 

I suspect it’ll be a lesson for thelin in what he’s likely to come up against when trying to maximise the number of counter attacks in a game. St Mirren won’t allow us that, and I expect it to be the first smack in the mouth as we don’t yet have the quality in the building (I think) to overcome that. 

Not necessarily a disaster if it comes to pass. New faces on the way and likely to be a bit of a learning curve. 

That was supposed to happen on Monday, too.

Quite like to go to this game tomorrow but I'd guess as usual there is no feasible way for me to get a ticket for the away end since I haven't bought one weeks in advance. 🤦‍♀️

Thought I'd have to miss it but had a late change of plans.  Very frustrating can't get a ticket on the day before the game, Scottish fitba, eh.  

Edited by AberdeenBud

7 hours ago, Lex said:

an away game three hours drive from Paisley. 

Not relevant to the point you're making, but when you play in Bergen you'll still be quite a bit closer to Paisley than you will be to Tromso.