Aberdeen v Still undefeated in Europe St Mirren

22 minutes ago, AW saint said:

I have thought this for a while. He is one of the few players we have who carry the ball forward. 

He can win the ball, pass and take the ball up the park. 

Cant see Robbo move his position though

Probably a similar case to when everyone wanted Broadfoot to play in midfield all those years ago. Tried it and he was murder.

Taylor is great on the ball, but I think being able to step in from the left of a back three gives him the space and the ability to see everything in front of him. Wouldn’t be so confident with his back to play. I think he really suits playing a back 3 because he’s gets that bit more space to drive forward.

2 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Probably a similar case to when everyone wanted Broadfoot to play in midfield all those years ago. Tried it and he was murder.

Taylor is great on the ball, but I think being able to step in from the left of a back three gives him the space and the ability to see everything in front of him. Wouldn’t be so confident with his back to play. I think he really suits playing a back 3 because he’s gets that bit more space to drive forward.

Pretty much spot on. As much as we sometimes think a player can change position it doesn't always work. Gogic has played both for club and country 

Think a draw the most likely outcome today.

We struggle against Robinson teams - and have done for the decade or so he’s been involved up here.

Maybe in a few months Thelin will have developed a style and tempo that can overcome how a lot of sides set up here - but don’t think we’re there yet (not helped by injuries and ongoing squad building).

Conscious Smurn have a few decent players out too and could be leggy after Thursday - but still think they’ll have enough about them to make it a frustrating 90minutes for us.

@jonty - 67 posts in 12 years and most of them seem to have been on this thread, making it even worse than it was. Quite the achievement!

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

St Mirren must’ve won a few European trophies if they’ve never lost a European game.

It's called the Barcelona cup St Mirren the first team in the UK to bring home a European trophy.  Does the Scottish Anglo cup count. St Mirren were the only team to win that trophy also . 😜

3 hours ago, Lex said:

We certainly couldn’t have made it Europe without Aberdeen last season. Those seven points from three games against them really were vital, thank you. 
The last two games between the sides were especially helpful. Last time out at Pittodrie in December we went up the road, missed a penalty, and still walloped them three zip. That was one of the most one sided away wins I’ve ever seen from us. Oor Barry was the manager then.
Then in March Warnock showed up in Paisley and they took the lead inside the first minute. They were still winning as the clock hit minute 95, only to lose to goals in the 96th and 98th minute. I’ve still yet to see another example of a top flight league game anywhere where a team was winning for 94 minutes of it and still, somehow, lost. Remarkable scenes, only Aberdeen.
However, with the deck so heavily stacked in their favour today, the latest Aberdeen manager - checks notes  ‘Jimmy Thelin’ - will surely manage to end our recent domination of this fixture. Comfortable home win. 

Trying too hard

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Glasgow Airport is in Paisley. 

Braehead Shopping Centre is in Renfrewshire, but the last time I stayed in a Glasgow hotel, the chunts had claimed it as their own, in the in-room brochure ‘things to do in Glasgow’.

Anyway, Falkirk FC play in Grangemouth, and the San Francisco 49ers now play about 50 miles away from San Francisco.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to change this thread title to Aberdeen piss-farting around in the bottom 6 with the Hibees v Still undefeated in Europe this season St Mirren.

Need to borrow a Dundee ‘thank you’. 😀

Edited by pozbaird