Falkirk 🔵⚪️ vs Partick Thistle 🔴 🟡

Falkirk 🔵⚪️ vs Thistle 🟡🔴  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Result Prediction

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/24 at 14:00

10 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

image.png.4d55b3be559e1ded2df7facedcd4cb50.png

Thought I'd have a quick look for pubs around Falkirk centre, only to be accosted by that horrific Google suggestion.

The shop has a pub? Would not know as i try not to even look at that disgrace

On 19/08/2024 at 09:34, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’m not saying this is what’s going to happen necessarily, but McGlynn’s Raith sides had form for this kind of thing. Start brilliantly, then other teams would start working him out and he wouldn’t have a plan B to change things. 

More reading P&B to do his homework. L1 teams, QP, Dunfermline, DU and Hearts really had us sussed! We have already changed from last season in how we play. We can play through the phases from the back like we did nearly all last season but we are going longer more often this season. When you have the pace we have up top you can and we have done that. 

The core away support for a relatively local game is usually around 800-1000 so I'd expect that, although we've been shite, so 800 ish might be more realistic. 

Looking at the Falkirk squad it's not changed as much as I thought, looking at some of the names in the squad I'm absolutely amazed at the job that McGlynn has done. I don't say this trying to be disrespectful to the players, just genuine shock considering the likes of MacIver and Nesbitt who were awful for us, so some turn around for them in particular. Gonna be brutal watching Sneddon turn out a world class performance at some point this season in a 2-0 defeat at home including a penalty save. 

Really have no hopes for this game on Saturday but might go along anyway. 

41 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Gonna be brutal watching Sneddon turn out a world class performance at some point this season in a 2-0 defeat at home including a penalty save. 

That looks a long way away, Hogarth is firmly our number 1 now, which is good as never thought Sneddon was up to much 

It's no surprise we're getting under estimated all over the shop when our players are being judged on their abilities from as long as *checks notes* 8 (eight) years ago 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Don't think Falkirk can afford to settle for anything less than a win here...a chance to put serious daylight between us and Partick and keep pace with Ayr, who have their own first proper test of the league season to face.

Also last home game for us until October now, given the cup draws, so really important to take full points from the home games before the 5 away fixtures.

18 minutes ago, Richie Sacramento said:

Don't think Falkirk can afford to settle for anything less than a win here...a chance to put serious daylight between us and Partick and keep pace with Ayr, who have their own first proper test of the league season to face.

Also last home game for us until October now, given the cup draws, so really important to take full points from the home games before the 5 away fixtures.

Settle down it’s the third game of the season.

It’s must win for Thistle imho so may see they come out at us but that will be good for us too on the break & with our pace, could lead to problems for them. Should be a brilliant game and a crowd of over 5,000. 

21 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

It’s must win for Thistle imho so may see they come out at us but that will be good for us too on the break & with our pace, could lead to problems for them. Should be a brilliant game and a crowd of over 5,000. 

It's so far from must win us. Aye its not been great yet. We are far from the finished article just now. Even if Falkirk do win, I won't be hitting any panic button's yet. Let's just remember we were 8 points behind a Falkirk team in L1 with a handful of games to go and won the league.

3 minutes ago, The Kebab Pie said:

It's so far from must win us. Aye it’s not been great yet. We are far from the finished article just now. Even if Falkirk do win, I won't be hitting any panic button's yet. Let's just remember we were 8 points behind a Falkirk team in L1 with a handful of games to go and won the league.

Not this standard of Falkirk team but I get your point. My must win comment was on the basis that to win the league (almost any league) you can’t afford to drop too many points to challengers. 1pt from 9pts isn’t a great start for any team so for me it feels must win. Or it would in my shoes. 

12 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Not this standard of Falkirk team but I get your point. My must win comment was on the basis that to win the league (almost any league) you can’t afford to drop too many points to challengers. 1pt from 9pts isn’t a great start for any team so for me it feels must win. Or it would in my shoes. 

It's not a great start but for context, yeah 1pt at home Morton was disappointing. Away at Raith was a bit of a slog, the conditions didn't really allow any form of football to be played and we were beat by a pen, fag paper between the two teams on the day.

Of course this Saturday will be a tough test away to a team riding the crest of a wave at the moment and I actually think the bairns will come out and have a bash and try blow us away which could play into our hands as I think we are at our best on the counter. We'll be a different test than you have faced in the league so far. 

Queue Falkirk 2-0 MacIver double

3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

It's no surprise we're getting under estimated all over the shop when our players are being judged on their abilities from as long as *checks notes* 8 (eight) years ago 

Which coincidentally is the last time that *checks notes* patter was deemed decent.

3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Nesbitt has been around the block since then and I don’t think he has set the heather alight with anybody else either. So, maybe he has just found the right club with Falkirk 

21 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Nesbitt has been around the block since then and I don’t think he has set the heather alight with anybody else either. So, maybe he has just found the right club with Falkirk 

He likely won’t play tomorrow anyway so you won’t get to witness his progress.  One of my favourite players in the squad.

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

He likely won’t play tomorrow anyway so you won’t get to witness his progress.  One of my favourite players in the squad.

I was going to say that too, then I remembered that they're all my favourite players!

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

Definitely not playing as he's been announced as doing co commentary on FTV.