Falkirk 🔵⚪️ vs Partick Thistle 🔴 🟡

Falkirk 🔵⚪️ vs Thistle 🟡🔴  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Result Prediction

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/24 at 14:00

I think Muirhead will still be out for this, or at most on the bench. Doolan said two-three weeks before the Raith game.

Hopefully we have at least one more signing in before this game.

Amazing how many fellow Falkirk fans would take a draw in a home game that is definitely winnable.

It won’t be easy as I expect Thistle to improve and be up there but I think we can scrape a win here…..

Edited by roman_bairn

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Amazing how many fellow Falkirk fans would take a draw in a home game that is definitely winnable.

It won’t be easy as I expect Thistle to improve and be up there but I think we can scrape a win here…..

Being happy with a draw isnt the same as not thinking we can win

46 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

You think you can only scrape a win but are surprised people are saying they’d be ok with a draw?

We need to improve by a fair bit from the last 2 matches to win. I expect Falkirk will be better than both Morton and Raith, neither of whom were particularly good but we couldn’t win. Hopefully the RB issue is now sorted, would maybe be good to get another attacker in before the game. Need to change the midfield a bit for me, the current trio doesn’t seem to work. Possibly bring Stanway back in. 

I think Ashcroft's nightmare against Clyde has affected things. To me it looked like we intended to play him and O'Reilly as our first choice CBs but after his disasterclass vs Clyde we moved McBeth there and went with midfield 3 of Turner, Crawford, and Robinson for the Motherwell game. They played quite well so we stuck with it for the Morton game but it didn't work then and didn't work against Raith either so back to the drawing board a bit.

Obviously Robinson suspended so we'll need to make at least one change but I'll wait and see who else gets injured in training ahead of this one.

10 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

You think you can only scrape a win but are surprised people are saying they’d be ok with a draw?

We need to improve by a fair bit from the last 2 matches to win. I expect Falkirk will be better than both Morton and Raith, neither of whom were particularly good but we couldn’t win. Hopefully the RB issue is now sorted, would maybe be good to get another attacker in before the game. Need to change the midfield a bit for me, the current trio doesn’t seem to work. Possibly bring Stanway back in. 

I’m a bit surprised that a few of us are not a bit more optimistic about our chances. I’m thinking about winning this one, not that I’d be happy if we held on for a point at home…….

As long as we come through Hearts game without any injuries to key players I fancy our chances of a win here in what should be a good game given that Thistle will surely be better than the shite we have faced so far.

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

Robinson is going to be missing for a couple of games due to his sending off. I guess it is likely that Stanway comes back in. 
Maybe Bannigan though.

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Robinson is going to be missing for a couple of games due to his sending off. I guess it is likely that Stanway comes back in. 
Maybe Bannigan though.

Got to be Stanway,Banzo only good if we are 2-3 up and looking for a holding/slowing down play kinda of midfielder .

4 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Maybe Bannigan though.

Yeah but I’m not convinced the Turner/Crawford thing works, that said I guess due to Robinson suspension Turner will be pushed forward and make way for a Bannigan/Stanway next to Crawford. If it were not for the fact that our only other striker is Diack (whom i do like and he came on and did well against RR but is a bit too similar to Graham) I’d be thinking we might try starting with 2 up front with Robinson out. As @Fuctifano said, I too believe the original plan was for McBeth to be starter in midfield. Ashcroft might still come good though. 

8 hours ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

Any excuse to post this.  There will never be a better game between these two teams.

Great game looking back on it but tough to take at the time, remember arguing with a fellow thistle fan when walking out the ground that the ball was never over the line only to be proved wrong later 

8 hours ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

Any excuse to post this.  There will never be a better game between these two teams.

Probably one of the best nights under the lights at Brockville, great support from both teams and the game swung in favour of both teams at times right to the end.

9 hours ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

I was 10 back then and never really appreciated a game under the floodlights at the time. Still remember that game though. 

How soft is that penalty?!

Bit of pressure on thistle not to lose this game and leave themselves on one point after 3 games which would be a pretty dreadful start. Will be very tight but think we might just edge it 2-1