Table topping Ayr V Manager less Raith

1 hour ago, FitbaSupporter said:

What have what I’ve ever done in life got to do with our goalkeepers abilities? Seriously. Not hanging anyone out to dry but that flaw in his game cost us any chance of 3 points. Mind you, don’t think we were ever in danger of scoring in that game so probably cost us only the 1 point. 

You don't think a rush of blood from Byrne after KDs mistake cost us points and a man?

Leave the ball alone and they have a chance to shoot. Handle it, concede a penalty and they have a much stronger chance and we're a man down.

1 hour ago, FitbaSupporter said:

What have what I’ve ever done in life got to do with our goalkeepers abilities? Seriously. Not hanging anyone out to dry but that flaw in his game cost us any chance of 3 points. Mind you, don’t think we were ever in danger of scoring in that game so probably cost us only the 1 point. 

Byrne didn't have to handle it, regardless of the initial mistake. Poor decisions all round 

Glad it’s next weekend I’m heading with the kids to Craig Tara and wasn’t this one or else we would have been there! Sounds dismal.

Too early to really worry, get decent manager in and an end to this latest injury pile up and we could yet still have a very good season..

Start of season, tipped a top 4 consisting of ourselves, Thistle, Falkirk and Ayr… looking 50% great so far!

The game was fairly close till the penalty and red card. After that it was clear Ayr were probably going to win. From memory we had 1 shot on target the entire game and that was after Ayr had scored their 2nd.

30 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

You don't think a rush of blood from Byrne after KDs mistake cost us points and a man?

Leave the ball alone and they have a chance to shoot. Handle it, concede a penalty and they have a much stronger chance and we're a man down.

They did actually get a shot straight away but Kev made a really good save. Possibly if that had went in Byrne doesn’t get sent off and we have a chance. 

7 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Raith fans on Twitter / X actually blaming the ref for their defeat.  Mind boggling 

I don't think he was great but it wasn't his fault that we only got one shot on target the whole game.

Edited by mrpaddyx

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Watret genuinely has everything - good one v one, wins headers, good on the ball, can go past people and has a final ball. Absolutely ludicrous talent! I’ve not seen anything like him at Ayr at that age. 

Stevie Nicol? 

1 hour ago, GaryMc93 said:

A win, top of the league and still unbeaten but biggest positive is getting to watch Raith's highlights package instead of ours.

Won't be much to write home about. No camera on the whole match, just an older mobile unit prowling due to the weather and no available spot to shot from. Seems there's no real way to get coverage at Somerset, even the audio broadcast was on battery over cellular phone/computer.

15 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

I don't think he was great but it wasn't his fault that we only got one shot on target the whole game.

I think the ref was generally pretty horrendous for both sides. Oakley was being dragged all over the place and never got a foul given once. 

11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Won't be much to write home about. No camera on the whole match, just an older mobile unit prowling due to the weather and no available spot to shot from. Seems there's no real way to get coverage at Somerset, even the audio broadcast was on battery over cellular phone/computer.

At least the government will never know what we're up to

That was easily the least any Raith team over the last few seasons have offered against us - Hamilton were a lot more of a challenge and we've beaten them twice for goodness sake. Raith need to appoint someone soon. Seriously.

Thought we were in control even before that daft sending off - don't know what Byrne was thinking he was achieving. Just daft.

Wasn't sure if Broonie was going to show faith in Watret. Glad he did. What a prospect the boy is! But that's two weeks in a row when I've thought McMann was MoM, another great signing. Can see now why big Sean was punted. 

It remains to be seen who we get before the window closes but I'm certain the management team know what kind of player they want/need. Think it'll be a loanee from an SPL team - a centre mid or a defender seems likely? Injuries and suspensions have to be factored in eventually.

Lovin all this whatever 😄.

23 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

That was easily the least any Raith team over the last few seasons have offered against us - Hamilton were a lot more of a challenge and we've beaten them twice for goodness sake. Raith need to appoint someone soon. Seriously.

Thought we were in control even before that daft sending off - don't know what Byrne was thinking he was achieving. Just daft.

Wasn't sure if Broonie was going to show faith in Watret. Glad he did. What a prospect the boy is! But that's two weeks in a row when I've thought McMann was MoM, another great signing. Can see now why big Sean was punted. 

It remains to be seen who we get before the window closes but I'm certain the management team know what kind of player they want/need. Think it'll be a loanee from an SPL team - a centre mid or a defender seems likely? Injuries and suspensions have to be factored in eventually.

Lovin all this whatever 😄.

I think some Ayr fans maybe getting ahead of themselves here. Yes they've assembled a very good championship side and should be up there all season, but in terms of todays game not many teams can compete if half your starting 11 and maybe more are missing.

No rightback, Stevenson played out of position Hanlon playing his first game this season, Fordyce injured. Scott Brown, Lewis Vaughan and Sam Stanton could easily be our middle 3 with Hamilton missing up top. Add probably 2 or 3 new signings hopefully this weak and we instantly become alot more competitive. 

Having said that we need to get a manager in, players fit and better quality signed especially on the right both at fullback and in midfield. 

6 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I think some Ayr fans maybe getting ahead of themselves here. Yes they've assembled a very good championship side and should be up there all season, but in terms of todays game not many teams can compete if half your starting 11 and maybe more are missing.

No rightback, Stevenson played out of position Hanlon playing his first game this season, Fordyce injured. Scott Brown, Lewis Vaughan and Sam Stanton could easily be our middle 3 with Hamilton missing up top. Add probably 2 or 3 new signings hopefully this weak and we instantly become alot more competitive. 

Having said that we need to get a manager in, players fit and better quality signed especially on the right both at fullback and in midfield. 

Most of this post could be us last season.

5 hours ago, Iain said:

Like Malky Mackay is going to recommend anyone other than himself for the Hibs job when it comes up 😂

I forgot about the Mackay factor actually. That might be enough to sway Brown away from Hibs if the opportunity comes up, who knows.

5 hours ago, davidkennedyshand said:

Might be your job up first with your current pointless start to the season and looking like crashing out of Europe twice

Possibly and you can be sure if McInnes was sacked and we came in for Brown he would move instantly.