Ross County v Aberdeen (5:45pm kick off, Sat 31st Aug)

18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Also pleased for morris, whose criticism often goes way over the top. 

Guilty as charged. Still not completely won over, but he has come on a bundle this season. Also seems like a really nice guy.

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Guilty as charged. Still not completely won over, but he has come on a bundle this season. Also seems like a really nice guy.

Hold on, let’s not portray that I’m rewriting history. I’ve been a vocal critic and he has certainly not won me over…

But I’ve seen things said that suggest he’s one of the worst players they’ve seen or that he offers literally nothing. Which just isn’t true. 

Best away day in ages, you can’t beat a last-minute winner – absolute scenes 🤣. Although it’s still early days, Jimmy Thelin reminds me of Calderwood and McInnes, who seemed to get the best out of the players we already had. Not too long ago, Aberdeen fans were booing Morris during the disastrous Warnock management days when he was hung out to dry, playing as a wing-back.

Nine in a row – just mad, never thought I’d see it.

12 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Everything alright?

Aye, apart from a significant minority of our supporters being violent, racist bigots and the city fathers being on a par with the Mafia and Pol Pot, everything's fine.

On the devlin handbags, he’s just a 7 out of 10 with periodic brain farts premiership player isn’t he? 

He’s been decent for us mixed in with some calamity. Hes not the quality we want at RB long term if we want to go up a couple of levels but his contribution to the goal was significant yesterday. 

ETA - he wasn’t really unlucky at the penalty, that was a handball pre modern day nonsense. 

Edited by Dons_1988

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

On the devlin handbags, he’s just a 7 out of 10 with periodic brain farts premiership player isn’t he? 

He’s been decent for us mixed in with some calamity. Hes not the quality we want at RB long term if we want to go up a couple of levels but his contribution to the goal was significant yesterday. 

ETA - he wasn’t really unlucky at the penalty, that was a handball pre modern day nonsense. 

I've been a vocal critic of Devlin, mainly for his defensive ability. He didn't have to show that too much yesterday and was pretty effective going forward. Seems to have built a decent understanding with Morris too. 

I don't think Mitov was getting to that shot so the handball goes down as a great save for me. Looked pretty deliberate (although instinctively so) and surprised he didn't get booked. 

14 hours ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

Significant minority?

I'm not sure that even makes sense.

Violent, racist bigots?

We're no angels, but that's just total nonsense.

Not sure who this clear trolling sock puppet is.

14 hours ago, Sonam said:

The problem with Aberdeen as a city, is you have a good percentage of the population wealthy. Some VERY wealthy. Even now, though the oil industry is dying. Yet at the same time, there are areas in that city that suffer from extreme poverty. I think it's some of the worst poverty in Scotland, I used to teach there, know the tough neighbourhoods.

The poverty is shocking actually, can't all be blamed on Thatcher either. I ain't an SNP fan either, don't like any political party at the moment. I sit on the fence I guess.

The city council & politicians over the years, decades really bled the city dry. Many should be locked up IMO!

Considering the boom years of oil, it should be a stunning city with excellent services with little poverty if any at all.

Decades of serious corruption, terrible decisions at best/blatent theft at worst. Look at other countries oil rich capitals outside 3rd world.

Even cities like Dundee have improved, it's a real shame....

Aye, because Aberdeen get's to keep the riches of the North Sea. 

Spoiler

It doesn't.  I bet it has paid for a few shiny buildings in London though.

31 minutes ago, StuartTaylor said:

We looked much stronger at the back, Lopata and Wright look solid. Leak's distribution continues to be terrible.

Another season long scrap at the bottom though.

I thought wright was outstanding yesterday. 

16 hours ago, SaintSamuel said:

Generally speaking, outside of the Old Firm and Hearts, Aberdeen have the worst behaved fans in Scotland. A significant minority are violent, racist bigots. That said, surely we can’t be begrudging a pitch invasion for a 98th min winner away from home?

IMG_0083.gif

For a 2 month period earlier this year Devlin seemed to be getting var checks against him almost every game, he definitely needs to be wiser in the 18 yard box, but last night ended up a great save along with Mitov.