Is Jim Spence okay?

15 hours ago, Pocketman said:

only natural that Jim is now crowing that his views are validated via Daily Express spin/interpretation.....image.thumb.png.b595a753afa01d42f91df81a0407fb2d.png

Famously folk can only care about one thing at a time...

Ridiculous, reductive, moronic tabloid pish for f**king idiots.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Famously folk can only care about one thing at a time...

Ridiculous, reductive, moronic tabloid pish for f**king idiots.

Can I now totally rescind my previous support for Jim?

I thought he was just calling out posturing identity politics pish, now he's criticising those calling out a genocide FFS.

17 hours ago, jonty said:

Speaking as a parent you wouldn’t be too worried about a phone call from social services? Really?

I’d be concerned they were wasting their time and my money on stuff that is none of their business.

Not for something like this. If they phoned me and said “we’ve had a report of X but we know it’s Bull but we just have to follow up” I think I would be ok with that.

Although it’s easy to say that when it’s a hypothetical.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Not for something like this. If they phoned me and said “we’ve had a report of X but we know it’s Bull but we just have to follow up” I think I would be ok with that.

Although it’s easy to say that when it’s a hypothetical.

I had a call like that from the police yesterday. No issues with the police at all, they were pretty sound about the whole thing, however I was somewhat miffed with the person making the bullshit report and wasting everyone's time.

12 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I had a call like that from the police yesterday. No issues with the police at all, they were pretty sound about the whole thing, however I was somewhat miffed with the person making the bullshit report and wasting everyone's time.

Aye, we had a false report from a "friend" of the wife when the boy was wee. It's obviously a shock but if you've any sense you'll appreciate that someone's looking out for vulnerable kids, even if they don't always do the best job (primarily, as ever with public services, due to a lack of funding).

My favourite brush with Social Services was when I went to pick up the boy from Primary and a social worker asked if she could have a chat. Apparently someone at the school had been worried about my drinking because our boy had started a game with the other kids about pretending to drink beer, and had said "daddies drink beer" when asked about it. He'd been sitting on my lap while I played Duke Nukem Forever and thought it was hilarious that Duke's vision went all blurry and he burped when he drank  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Aye, we had a false report from a "friend" of the wife when the boy was wee. It's obviously a shock but if you've any sense you'll appreciate that someone's looking out for vulnerable kids, even if they don't always do the best job (primarily, as ever with public services, due to a lack of funding).

My favourite brush with Social Services was when I went to pick up the boy from Primary and a social worker asked if she could have a chat. Apparently someone at the school had been worried about my drinking because our boy had started a game with the other kids about pretending to drink beer, and had said "daddies drink beer" when asked about it. He'd been sitting on my lap while I played Duke Nukem Forever and thought it was hilarious that Duke's vision went all blurry and he burped when he drank  :rolleyes:

Maybe this is the reason you were reported. I would agree with this course of action.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Maybe this is the reason you were reporter. I would agree with this course of action.

Harsh but fair. Nor harsh.

38 minutes ago, jonty said:

Pisch.

Anybody that wouldn’t be worried if social services came around cos their kids went away on holiday at aged 15 is a sap. Or a eunach.

It’s like when we were told women could have a penis, and folk were rushing to agree with wee thief Sturgeon and the other boy. 

You have chosen to bring up creepy genital inspecting in response to a harmless joke about a shite computer game. You are the one that should be on a watch list.

On 27/08/2024 at 18:50, Cheese said:

Kirstie 'Kate McCann' Allsopp

Pray tell... Is there a Madeline McCann thread on P&B because that will be fantastic 

On 28/08/2024 at 12:13, Galajambo said:

I used to think he was one of the good guys when he refused to toe the party line when it came to the bigot brothers, especially Rangers when they were liquidated, but his views on Twitter have been increasingly right wing garbage, and I actually question the mans sanity these days, he's a very bitter wee man against anything Scottish government related and he won't accept any sort of debate these days because his word is final and he won't hear anyone else's side of things, I ended up blocking the gimp! 

That's broadly how I feel. 

On 28/08/2024 at 16:49, Pocketman said:

only natural that Jim is now crowing that his views are validated via Daily Express spin/interpretation.....image.thumb.png.b595a753afa01d42f91df81a0407fb2d.png

What the f**k is he wanging on about now.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

So which one is this trying their latest oh so edgy routine?

We had a Banana impersonator a while back who'd bring up those bloody trans people on the weirdest topics. Everyone seemed to be ignoring them after a while, so suddenly there were a bunch of new accounts backing them up, and another totally unrelated account appeared to strenuously complain when they finally got emptied, claiming that they were compiling a list of bad people as part of a tabloid expose on this website  :blink:

We appear to be having another round of new low-effort troll accounts at the moment. This is life for some folk. I guess if they're on here they aren't harassing people in the street.