Morton Minnows v Flying Falkirk

The subs changed the game, baffling from Imrie taking off our best players on the day. Ethan Ross is a diving shitebag. Agyeman looks a player for Falkirk, much more dangerous than either Miller or Ross today. 

We're a George Oakley and Nathan Shaw away from a good starting 11. 

JET is f**king muck and Garrity is ineffective, weak, and dives just about every week. I'm not sure that he did today for the penalty shout but he's probably got a reputation within the group of refs as he's at it constantly.

Every single sub weakens our team though. Blues was a waste of time, doesn't suit the way Dougie is trying to play at all.

Moffatt was basically our best chance at a goal (yes he should've scored one and finishing touch lets him down but who else was giving us a chance at getting a 3rd goal...).

Delaney had a shocker at left back but has looked decent enough up til now.

Just now, mcintyre_gmfc said:

The subs changed the game, baffling from Imrie taking off our best players on the day. Ethan Ross is a diving shitebag. Agyeman looks a player for Falkirk, much more dangerous than either Miller or Ross today. 

It’s really special when you can bring on ‘fringe’ players to impact the game. I thought the ref had navy blue specs on but yes will take it. After a ropey 20 mins the quality shone through.. We’re not called invincible for nothing❤️

First half we were good. Can't be throwing away a 2 goal lead though regardless of how soft the penalty was. Taits goal was a lovely finish. I thought we should have had a pen for the foul on Garrity in the first half.

Second half both teams have chances but Falkirks subs change the game and ours do nothing. Can see why Falkirk have started so well as they move the ball about well and have a strong squad. Those we really struggled to contain miller and Adams.

Speaking to a couple of Falkirk fans after the game and they were good guys. Can't be any of the posters on here.

Sickner going 2 up at home and getting no points to show for it. however, can't really have any complaints in regards to how we set up/played for 60 mins of the game, invited pressure, became poor at retaining possession and with the subs that were made it seemed we were willing to sacrifice attacking potency in favor of a more physical Midfield. 

Key events take, My initial thought on Falkirks' penalty was that it was a Penalty, panicked defense after failing to clear their lines multiple times leading to a rash challenge, a pal of mines who had a much closer view from the Sinclair St end disagreed so i'll have to see it back. 

thought our  penalty shout with Garrity was clearly a foul and we should have had our own.   

If we are planning on persisting with JET as our main striker we are in trouble. the options off the bench don't seem to offer anything at all, i feel sorry for Reynolds, but, he isn't adjusting to the league, and no idea why he was trying to win flick ons when he was our most advanced player.     

We do show great glimpses of moving the ball around the park and there's a composure between the Defense and midfield when we are in possession that's great to see. but that doesn't win games. 

Edited by Pedro1874
type-os/missing words

We were honking for the first half hour but fair f**king play. That's why we're Scotlands darling invincibles. 

First REAL look at McKenna for decent time and that boy has a football brain on him for sure. In that second half we were finding passes where I hadn't even looked. Feel like a tit shouting to pass it out wide and McKenna threads one into a space you didn't even see in the first place. 

Delighted for Alfie and so were the rest of the team by the look of it. Calling for him to get a change to influence a game for weeks now and he finally got his chance and took it. Outstanding from the big man. 

You can summarise that game by saying Morton caught us off guard for half an hour and not only that,  but they executed their chances well. But ultimately, from 30 mins in, the better football and the greater threat came from us and we ran out deserved winners. 

Having seen us on two this season, I'm going to maintain that we play less well on grass parks than astro, despite the 6 points. 

3 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

So we piss off for 5 years, sink to our lowest ebb, come back, give you a 2 goal start and still shag ye. No wonder you hate us so much. Thanks for taking part today tho 👍🏻

Tbf tho, they did do well to score two goals 

tumblr_ni625mSvKR1s97thho1_500.gif

6 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Some absolutely horrific patter on show. What 5 years of playing the likes of "Annan Athletic" and "Kelty Hearts" does to a mf'er.

You boys look like you might be due a bit of exposure to playing the like of "Annan Athletic" and "Kelty Hearts" if you keep shipping two goal leads ...