Dunfermline (Bottom) v Ayr (Top)

3 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

In their “snake derby” as well. Womp womp too sad too bad suck it up bairn buttercups.

Oooft ya

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Also amazed we didn't bother running at their defence after the non booking. You're going to give him something to think about, but no - instead we go into our shell and try to keep it tight. Maybe they were trying to protect Sam Young (who did well enough I thought) but there was an opportunity missed there.

Aye, I just didn't get it. Was saying to the folk around me that it seemed daft because you had a lot of joy there in the 1st half and McAllister would absolutely not have got away with another one. He's a bomb scare.

Was surprised at the way you sat in and didn't commit men forward. All it led to was late opportunities for us as we shelled the ball forward (would have been daylight robbery if we had nicked it though).

Is that a common trait for McPake? To look to keep things tight when there is clear signs of vulnerability that could be targeted?

First of all, it was an awful spectacle and a real insult to the eyes for most of the afternoon. The second half, in particular, was down there with some of the worst I've seen in recent years. 

I thought we looked very leggy in the opening spell and quite unsure of ourselves, especially with Devlin being clearly injured after a few minutes.  McAllister was as bad ever end he should have had a second yellow for hauling his man down on the edge of the box. The ref shat it but i felt he was largely terrible for both sides. Great strike from Etoo and it gave the keeper no chance. Thought we were lucky to equalise, no idea how it went in, keeper seemed slow to react. 

The game started to fizzle out in the second half and we just never got going at all. Bavidge looked lively in the box and will definitely get on the end of a lot of loose balls this season. Oakley and Dowds were marked out the game until stoppage time when the former should have done better than to blast it straight at the keeper.

Play the reserves next week and regroup for Thistle on the 14th. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Not right now it isn't, but if we go down the yes, it will be. 

If we stay up then our level is Championship. Should we gain promotion to the Premiership at some point then that would be our level.

Of course I realise what your 'bit/routine' is here.

Dunfermline’s ultimate level is tier 3. That’s where you belong 

4 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Dunfermline’s ultimate level is tier 3. That’s where you belong 

As I said, I know your routine. It's pretty dull.

Football is, mostly, in Scotland, a meritocracy.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

As I said, I know your routine. It's pretty dull.

Football is, mostly, in Scotland, a meritocracy.

Correct very routine

i see Dunfermline as equals to St Mirren

problem is you guys thought you were above us…. You reap what you sow 😉

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

keeper seemed slow to react

Took quite a bad deflection and I think he was unsighted, but do think he was a wee bit flat footed if I’m being super critical.

2 hours ago, Nelson said:

I trust there aren’t any Ayr fans moaning about the referee. McAllister is dumb as a rock and should have been sent off for a second yellow.  No idea why he wasn’t.

The ref was awful, for both teams to be fair. Yeah, he could easily have given McAllister a red but Kane got a free kick every time he was touched and hauled our defenders all over the place without ever getting punished. McMann would have had the big galoot on toast but McAllister was predictably idiotic against him.

Both teams were shite. Dunfermline were better 1st half but a draw was fair. 

26 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Correct very routine

i see Dunfermline as equals to St Mirren

problem is you guys thought you were above us…. You reap what you sow 😉

We're f**king miles apart at the moment. And for me, where clubs are now is where they belong, not what happened in the 60s/70s/80s/90s/00s.

I assume you're still bitter about 00/01? Mendes was pish for us incidentally.

I don't know any Pars fans who think we're 'above' you. Maybe you do.

42 minutes ago, Iain said:

Did Dunfermline have a shot on target apart from their goal?

McCann’s free kick after the incident with the non-second yellow. Tod had a header in the second half too. Plus a KRH effort from the edge of the box in the second half. No great efforts/great saves. But we did have at least 3 other shots on target.