Celtic v Rangers: Sun 1st Sep, 12:30

17 minutes ago, Ooooft. said:

I think it’s more the fact that Butland is over-hyped shite, mate.

Butland had a purple patch when he signed, he looked very decent in qualifiers etc whilst Joe looked shaky up untill new year. After that Butland looked as average as his career has suggested but still fine for either team tbh. Joe had a great 2024 for us but I think we all knew we were getting an upgrade in Schmeicel, especially in terms of distribution.

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Butland had a purple patch when he signed, he looked very decent in qualifiers etc whilst Joe looked shaky up untill new year. After that Butland looked as average as his career has suggested but still fine for either team tbh. Joe had a great 2024 for us but I think we all knew we were getting an upgrade in Schmeicel, especially in terms of distribution.

Spot on - Schmeicel is 37 and miles better than either.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

The volume of howlers he has amassed since the turn of the year is absolutely laughable as is the volume of shots that go through him, how poor he is at his near post and how questionable his positioning can be. Joe Hart is in the past, retired with a CV Butland could only ever dream of, in the here and now Butland is what he has always been, a pretty average keeper. Having a striker pass a ball past you from almost 30 yards is unforgivable but where he is just now is his level.

On the game itself Rangers came out really aggressive which made me think we could be in for a game but after 5 mins once we started to play through the press pretty easily and started looking for the runners in behind it was as comfortable as I’ve felt in a derby game since the 3-0 midweek game post covid when Hatate scored 2. We could have easily have had 5 or 6 today and it wouldn’t have flattered us, the front 3 I thought were brilliant. A lot of people would have been looking at Bernardo today and I thought he too done really well bar that one mistake. 

1 hour ago, DavieCFC said:

Same shots on target as us? Another moral victory for sure.

Day just continues to get better 🤣

He’s an absolute clown. A follicly challenged Pedro Caixinha who has taken them back to 2017. 

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Can a rangers fan just agree that Butland isn’t as good as any keeper in celtics recent history, just to help them move on. 

I mean Barkas couldn't lace his boots TBF, as it would involve him using his hands.

16 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Can a rangers fan just agree that Butland isn’t as good as any keeper in celtics recent history, just to help them move on. 

He's worse than Bain and Barkas.

25 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think Kris Boyd done that during his post match special

3 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Nothing to do with Joe Hart

46 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Joe Hart is in the past, retired with a CV Butland could only ever dream of

Are You Sure Schitts Creek GIF by CBC