Celtic v Rangers: Sun 1st Sep, 12:30

16 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Mate you can keep circling back to this idea that there is something I need to get over if it helps you soothe the seethe you currently feel but I probably got the last laugh in that regard on Cup Final day, it’s not my fault Butland has continued to make a rip roaring c**t of himself since and since cost you Champions League Qualification and much needed points yesterday.

As a rival fan do I quite enjoy the irony of you putting him on a pedestal for him to turn out to be what I told you he is which is pretty average? Absolutely and ofc I’m going to take the opportunity to goad you a little about. 

But don’t blame me, blame Butland for making it too easy and throwing you under the bus and tbf it’s not just me that’s laughing at him today, it’s the entirety of Scottish football with the exception of Rangers fans which by judging by the videos clearly aren’t laughing.

90% of my interactions about Butland on here are responses to comments you’ve tagged me in about him, really. I’ve already highlighted I’ve criticised him when warranted (which you conveniently overlooked and continue to do so). I have no issues in doing so, but you keep pushing this narrative that I’ve put him on a pedestal and overlook his mistakes. I’ve already proved that to be false.

Edited by AJF

12 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Mate you can keep circling back to this idea that there is something I need to get over if it helps you soothe the seethe you currently feel but I probably got the last laugh in that regard on Cup Final day, it’s not my fault Butland has continued to make a rip roaring c**t of himself since and since cost you Champions League Qualification and much needed points yesterday.

As a rival fan do I quite enjoy the irony of you putting him on a pedestal for him to turn out to be what I told you he is which is pretty average? Absolutely and ofc I’m going to take the opportunity to goad you a little about. 

But don’t blame me, blame Butland for making it too easy and throwing you under the bus and tbf it’s not just me that’s laughing at him today, it’s the entirety of Scottish football with the exception of Rangers fans which by judging by the videos clearly aren’t laughing.

Morning Jinky.

Game went pretty much as expected.  We are absolutely miles off them, but it's the same mistakes being made over and over again that is so disappointing.

I know that Clement is trying to protect his players to an extent, but his comments about stats are pretty embarrassing tbh.  We could have played all day and only one team would have been on top.

The board need to take the brunt of the blame for where we are, but the players and the manager don't get away scot free either.

20 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

Had the result been reversed we would have witnessed identical scenes outside Celtic Park. We must always be aware that these two clubs and their entitled support are exactly the same !! 

Wrong.......the Rangers are on another level of minterness.

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Game went pretty much as expected.  We are absolutely miles off them, but it's the same mistakes being made over and over again that is so disappointing.

I know that Clement is trying to protect his players to an extent, but his comments about stats are pretty embarrassing tbh.  We could have played all day and only one team would have been on top.

The board need to take the brunt of the blame for where we are, but the players and the manager don't get away scot free either.

His assertion that Rangers could/should have scored twice early on ignores the fact that it was offside on both occasions. 

1 minute ago, KnightswoodBear said:

That’s the most frustrating thing. If you were to analyse Celtic’s goals against us over a specific period of time, a very high percentage will be goals coming from them getting to the by line and cutting it back. Happens every single match and we just seem incapable of preventing it.

Just now, kingjoey said:

His assertion that Rangers could/should have scored twice early on ignores the fact that it was offside on both occasions. 

Yeah, he's not really making any sense with these statements.

Just now, AJF said:

That’s the most frustrating thing. If you were to analyse Celtic’s goals against us over a specific period of time, a very high percentage will be goals coming from them getting to the by line and cutting it back. Happens every single match and we just seem incapable of preventing it.

We've lost another goal (not exclusively, it has to be said) from Tav switching off at the back post.

We've also lost one from absolutely horrific positioning from the keeper and another from gifting possession away 20 yards from goal.

It's f**king basic stuff, but we do it time and again against Celtic. 

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Pretty normal stuff from most managers, he knows that team isn't up to it but he isn't going to say it.  This season was written off before it began.

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

Pretty normal stuff from most managers, he knows that team isn't up to it but he isn't going to say it.  This season was written off before it began.

His post match interview sounded like someone who knew you were getting beat before a ball was kicked tbh. 

He must have been around long enough now to know citing a win over Ross county as a positive was a dumb move. 

I'm genuinely beginning to feel that Clement is Pedro-esque. The job is just far too big for him and he can't cope with the pressure. His repeated moronic comments to the media ever since the Dens Park pitch-gate stuff to trying to say everything is rosey because you beat Ross County the week before in the aftermath of getting annihilated by your closest rivals.

If Dundee got beat 3-0 by United and Docherty tried to say everything is okay because we picked up points the week before, I'd be questioning him - it's just a completely moronic thing to say nevermind when you're manager of one of the OF.

17 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Wrong.......the Rangers are on another level of minterness.

Same level.... Rangers slightly further up the dial at the moment maybe but they are the same and attract the same sort of people. This idea that Celtic are somehow the acceptable face of secterian bigotry while Rangers are the unacceptable needs knocking on the head. Both are unacceptable in the 21st century and deserve the contempt, scorn and ridicule of decent people everywhere.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

His post match interview sounded like someone who knew you were getting beat before a ball was kicked tbh. 

He must have been around long enough now to know citing a win over Ross county as a positive was a dumb move. 

It's a mess not of his making,  that's down to the board who have undone everything that was built up under Gerrard.  It was a clumsy attempt at protecting his players,  most managers are similar. 

1 minute ago, kennie makevin said:

Same level.... Rangers slightly further up the dial at the moment maybe but they are the same and attract the same sort of people. This idea that Celtic are somehow the acceptable face of secterian bigotry while Rangers are the unacceptable needs knocking on the head. Both are unacceptable in the 21st century and deserve the contempt, scorn and ridicule of decent people everywhere.

Both clubs need to take joint stance and say enough is enough.

No more point scoring or weaponising offensive behaviour,   just say that enough is enough. 

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

It's a mess not of his making,  that's down to the board who have undone everything that was built up under Gerrard.  It was a clumsy attempt at protecting his players,  most managers are similar. 

No doubt, but it’s a skill managers need. 

See also - Barry robson “we can’t expect to come to Glasgow and dominate rangers” immediately after a cup final defeat with no shots on goal. These things stick. 

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

I also just want to say I've been a member of the "Jack Butland isnae very good" club since he arrived.

It was this against Ross County that changed my mind on him.  

There's a reason he's playing for Rangers and not some middling English championship team, because he's rubbish. 

35 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

He's still getting used to the fact the laws of the game actually apply in these 4 games. 

On 30/08/2024 at 11:54, pozbaird said:

Fcuking shockeroonie, many of us who don’t support an ugly take an interest in the game more than we’d maybe show interest in St Johnstone v Ross County. The reason for the interest isn’t because we secretly ‘support’ one of them, or we think it’ll be a classic festival of football. It certainly isn’t because we want to soak up the unique atmosphere. It’s because we hope to see one kunt get destroyed, and their kunty supporters going into meltdown. If a tanking for one of them could be served up with a massive side portion of VAR controversy, dodgy refereeing, a couple of red cards, and a mass brawl at the final whistle involving players, officials, and Hoopy the Huddle Hound, so much the better. Personally, couldn’t give a fcuk who feels cheated / put down / conspired against in the event of a 4-0 or 5-0 scudding, as long as a scudding is indeed administered. Is it a big game? Of course it is. To my mind, watching the uglies is like watching Novak Djokovic or the Welsh rugby union team - want to see the kunts get scudded.

I got two right. The scudding, and the kunto meltdown. As much as I think the Sevco were pish, they didn’t try to be pish, in fact, they started brightly. Didn’t they also miss a couple of good chances? Didn’t Matondo duff an easy header? End up getting beaten 3-0 though… if that’s any of us, it’s the usual script - we bemoan the early chances missed, bemoan the inability to score when on top for the first ten mins, then accept that 3-0 could have been worse, but we move on…. These kunts move on alright. Move on to their stadium to abuse their own team. That’ll really help them, eh? What a fanbase.

Edited by pozbaird