🔵🟡Scotland v Poland 🔴⚪

This game has a stinking draw/defeat written all over it if we continue with the same formation and tactics that's killing us, both teams rubbish at the Euros. I guess you could maybe say that Poland at home first game is probably the best we could have hoped for. I really hope with Tierney out it forces Clarke's hand and we move to 4 at the back, a 4-3-3 would be good to see and at least have a go, a back 3 and I foresee another 90 mins of us passing it side to side without a shot on target.

Gunn

Johnston - Porteous - McKenna - Robertson 

McTominay - Gilmour - McGinn 

Forrest                        Christie

Adams 

Something like that would be decent. Ralston would probably still do a job if he got the nod, might be more comfortable in a back 4, suppose we could take a gamble on someone else in for Forrest or Christie but can't see Clarke doing that at all.

Bit more of an attacking formation I'll be more confident we can win this but back 3 and it'll most likely be 0-0 or a narrow defeat.

Difficult to call and God knows how the team will line up and whether they will be motivated. 

All things being equal a dour draw or Scotland to sneak a cagey win. And then to go on and get truly pumped on Sunday. 

8 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Do we know if this will be televised yet?

It's on council telly in Poland, you might need a VPN though.

https://sport.tvp.pl/transmisje/pilka-nozna

I expect there will be a last minute deal to broadcast it here though, it's getting televised anyway. Maybe STV will jump in.

5 hours ago, M0rtonfc said:

This game has a stinking draw/defeat written all over it if we continue with the same formation and tactics that's killing us, both teams rubbish at the Euros. I guess you could maybe say that Poland at home first game is probably the best we could have hoped for. I really hope with Tierney out it forces Clarke's hand and we move to 4 at the back, a 4-3-3 would be good to see and at least have a go, a back 3 and I foresee another 90 mins of us passing it side to side without a shot on target.

Gunn

Johnston - Porteous - McKenna - Robertson 

McTominay - Gilmour - McGinn 

Forrest                        Christie

Adams 

Something like that would be decent. Ralston would probably still do a job if he got the nod, might be more comfortable in a back 4, suppose we could take a gamble on someone else in for Forrest or Christie but can't see Clarke doing that at all.

Bit more of an attacking formation I'll be more confident we can win this but back 3 and it'll most likely be 0-0 or a narrow defeat.

Would switch Christie and McGinn over to more closely reflect where they play for their clubs. Other than that I basically agree.

I’ve got a bad feeling about this. Clarke looks like he’s not enjoying it any more and I’d imagine he’s on the verge of losing the dressing room. 

The SFA should have thanked him for the memories and moved him on after the Euros. Continuing further down this path will really start to tarnish his legacy.

0-2. Lewandowski goal in each half.

Aye, Poland have been sub-par for a couple of years now. Still entirely capable of a good result, but too many defeats to mediocre/poor opponents of late. I'm not sure how Scotland have been doing over the past year; surprised there hasn't been more chat about it on here TBH. Lol.

Much with the Euros, it's going to take a total turnaround in performance to get anything here, even if Poland haven't picked up yet. I don't know if anyone, players or manager, has any idea why we've gone from impressive performances to this, but surely Sir Steve will be away if we're still toothless by the end of this round-robin. We're entirely capable of avoiding last place, at least, so hopefully there's good work going on behind the scenes that we aren't privy to.

1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The squad looks like a crusty shite. We've dropped off heavily from 2023.

The likes of Torino, Las Palmas and Middlesbrough are pish enough but EFL1 level players should be nowhere near the Scotland squad.

1 win in 14 after these games.

I heard we're calling up no-marks from places like Canada now too.

The SFA don't even have a picture of him. Probably a part-timer on loan from Tim Hortons to fill out the squad.

image.png.df2960a612248135206adcf6441014c2.png