🔵🟡Scotland v Poland 🔴⚪

Hard to believe in 2024 scrambling to have a Scottish International game shown in Scotland.

When was the last time a Scotland game wasn’t shown on tv?

1 minute ago, Moorie said:

Hard to believe in 2024 scrambling to have a Scottish International game shown in Scotland.

A friendly away to Poland was streamed on the Daily Record website about 10 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Moorie said:

I was going to ask this but didn't fancy Craigkillie telling me there will be coverage before Thursday...

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

We really need variety in our squad strikers; relying on Adams or Dykes (or Shankland too, probably) makes us easier for the opposition to deal with. Being able to swap between them and shake things up in attack is a major thing for us. None of them are ever going to be regular scorers at international level, despite putting in a lot of effort.

We've had some pretty great players in most positions over the years; so strange that we just don't seem to do top goalscorers. Even Law and Dalglish topped out at fewer than 1 in 3.

I agree with your general point, but Law scored 30 in 55 for Scotland. He did score 4 twice, and a hattrick on another occasion though

29 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I agree with your general point, but Law scored 30 in 55 for Scotland. He did score 4 twice, and a hattrick on another occasion though

f**k's sake, so he did. For some reason I was remembering that he had the same number of caps as Dalglish.

He'd be our last top-drawer striker then, and he scored his last goal for Scotland fifty-two years ago  :(

8 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Normally I would agree wholeheartedly but I'm honestly neither up nor down about it.  Disillusionment has taken hold.

I've been writing WhatsApp messages referring to 'Scotland' rather than 'us'. 

Apathy from myself at the moment.

People have short memories. I'm in the huff with Steve Clarke as much as the next person but if you think this is a bad time supporting Scotland then I've got some news for you. I've had some of my best match days during his tenure. That doesn't mean Clarke hasn't reached the end of his run but the team deserve your support not apathy. They've given us some great moments.

Edited by Londonwell

I’m genuinely looking forward to Thursday night, regardless of the injuries and our recent form we still have some decent players plus: 

- A chance to get a look at a potential game changer who excites crowds like nothing we have seen in decades in Ben Doak. 
- To be able to actually see what Ryan Gauld might offer us. 
- Hopefully a bit more game for Tommy Conway to see what he might have offered us at the Euros too. 
- On a more boring note, I’m quite interested in a centre back partnership of McKenna and Porteous, has quite a good mix of qualities. 

Of course, most of this involves Clarke making some braver selection decisions. 

37 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Am I right in saying that if we can avoid relegation then staying in Group A has a huge bearing on our seeding for the world cup draw? If so, we really need to be winning this one.

Nowhere official has confirmed they'll use Nations League rankings for the World Cup qualifiers draw yet. 

32 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Am I right in saying that if we can avoid relegation then staying in Group A has a huge bearing on our seeding for the world cup draw? If so, we really need to be winning this one.

Hasn’t been confirmed yet. 

9 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

England will be in pot A regardless. We won't 

Only if their lobbying has paid off and the “hybrid” system is used (although I’m not convinced that solves the scheduling problem). 

Using the only the interim Nations League rankings, with placeholders for the quarter-finalists, shouldn’t cause any issues.

47 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

On that subject, this is worth the read. Good luck. 

That's an essential read.

It's really ridiculous that the Nations League could have a large bearing on the draw for the World Cup, or none at all, and nations are about to play in it with no idea either way. Whatever UEFA come up with, if it's after games have already been played then it will be a fix one way or another because they'll know who've they're favouring and who's missing out.