🔵🟡Scotland v Poland 🔴⚪

A very frustrating first half in that we possibly don't deserve to be winning, but absolutely shouldn't be down 2-0.

Thought for large spells we were decent, but at this level any kind of mistake will get punished, which is what happened for both goals (basic mistakes).

This is where I have gripes with Clarke to be honest, this determination to remain loyal to certain players.  For me, if Kenny McLean has any role in this squad, it's as a player coming off the bench to instill a bit of energy late on, not a starter.  It was his mistake for the first goal, and generally he's been very poor, exemplified by the absolute bollocking he copped from Andy Robertson late in the first half after he decided not to bother moving after laying off a pass.

I'm undecided on Ralston to be honest, yes it was a poor tackle to concede the pelanty, but actually he's been fairly decent apart from that, agreed if we had other options he'd be nowhere near the squad though just mainly due to the lack of game time he gets at Celtic.

I would suggest a couple of changes to up the tempo second half and see if we can salvage something, but we all know that's something Clarke won't do...

Just now, Steve Carrella said:

If people think that the problem with the team is Ralston they are deluded. There are issues throughout, the set up is a mess. Can anyone tell me what Gilmour was meant to be doing in the first half - excellent player, played out of position and therefore anonymous.  Christie is not a left winger ffs. The free kick set ups are beyond embarrassing. I could go on and on but I'll run out of space. Learned nothing from two Euro tournaments. 

I can live with Christie on the left as he has a bit of pace and can dribble. It's not ideal but also not terrible.  It's the other side for me, McGinn gives you nothing out on the right.  

2 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Actually don't think it's been that bad a performance. We are just woefully short up front and Ralston just can't get played. Nor can Dykes imo.. he's awful. But what is the alternative? Nisbet. 

It's a grim period for the national team. We'll get nowhere near a World Cup 

I hate to tell you this, but this is hardly a 'grim period'. This is only the start of the decline. Ralston is a 'grim period'-esque player though, just depressing that he gets in the squad at all, never mind he's our regular starter at RB.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Why have we not tried Steve Clarke at right back and Ralston as manager? 

I'd rather have Emilia Clarke as manager. At least she's tidy.

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Ralston has had a good game 

He is directly responsible for Poland scoring the second goal, he can't have had a good game. 

3 minutes ago, Steve Carrella said:

. The free kick set ups are beyond embarrassing. 

If McTominay hadn't made a c**t of it we'd have scored from a free kick. 

Has there ever been any other international side of a semi-decent stature who have never produced a decent striker at international level?

150 years and we've never had a goalscorer with a decent record.

Just now, Gaz said:

Has there ever been any other international side of a semi-decent stature who have never produced a decent striker at international level?

What would you consider a "decent record" at international level?

Just now, Gaz said:

I mean, c'mon...

image.png.b610f248119fa6b72d20695ff92c2dd3.png