Portugal v Scotland

JS_FFC

4 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Yep. That's exactly what I said. If that was a Norway or Sweden, they'd have won it. We have some weird fetish with throwing away results. 

Is that the same Norway who couldn’t score against Kazakhstan?

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

It was another good - occasionally very good - performance, I thought, like against Poland. But we probably needed it to be almost flawless to win. It just feels like every individual error is being punished for Scotland at the moment - and at least four if not all five of the goals conceded this week have been more individual than collective. 

Dykes, Gilmour and Hanley all outstanding, with basically every other player at a good to very good level.

Pretty much my take on it as well.

I don't think anyone expected Scotland to be at the highest tier of an international competition. We are by far and away the weakest side at this level. To have any chance of winning games we need to be near enough perfect. And we're not good enough for that.

14 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Lessons of tonight: we don't have good strikers but we're much better attacking than defending.

Dykes is good at what he does. Adams is relentless but after that it drops off a cliff.

Neither are prolific but if they can play in midfielders we have a chance.

5 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I honestly think we need a restart, emptying Clarke and getting someone else. Aye, there’s individual errors, but those individuals are still being given starts after making game changing errors. There is no fear of being dropped, Clarke picks his favourites and it’ll never change. 
We’ve played well at times, but at club level a manager would’ve been emptied for this run of games without a win. 

Not going to debate the part, about having "favourites" etc, even though I disagree, because it's been well discussed on here.

However, would a club manager really be sacked for a run of eight games without a win? Derek McInnes has gone seven domestic games without a win and is nowhere near it for us.

Edited by craigkillie

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

He is just waiting for the opportunity. I heard he’s bought a kilt and everything.

He is regularly in Craiglang at Micks dentist so wouldn’t be out of the way for him.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The Norway that lost to us from 1-0 up with 5 minutes to go? Or the Sweden in League C?

I'm throwing arbitrary names out that have players at a similar, or probably better, level than ours. Being in League A means f*ck all. England are still miles better than us but are in League B. Or does that not fit the narrative? 

Edited by DAFC.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Not going to debate the part, about having "favourites" etc, even though I disagree, because it's been well discussed on here.

However, would a club manager really be sacked for a run of eight games without a win? Derek McInnes has gone seven domestic games without a win and is nowhere near it for us.

Is it not something like one win in fifteen, and that a labored victory against Gibraltar?

We're serial losers now.

8 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

That’s not the clever riposte you think it is. 

Germany game was the last where goals that didn’t come from unforced errors. Before that it was probably Georgia away; maybe Norway at home.

Every other goal has been some sort of self-inflicted error.

If you analyse every single goal enough you’ll find a self-inflicted error in it. Morgan getting skinned, Hanley being out of position, McKenna losing his man at the winning goal are all errors but none of them are absolute howlers that have you sitting there in disbelief. It’s just poor defending all round but we’re at the stage where people are desperate to pinpoint individuals.

Really disappointing goal to lose at the end but you couldn't have argued if any one of about 5 clear chances had gone in before that.

Definitely positives to take from both games. I think we can aim to get something from all of our remaining games.

Clarke has won me over a bit with the past two games.

Certainly wasn't as cowardly as the Euros and he can hardly be blamed for individual errors.

My main issue is we'll play like the past two games, somehow reach the World Cup then shite it again.

11 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Gunn's like one of those strikers who's instinctually great but shite when he has time to think. Robbie Kean in gloves. 

The Kevin Dabrowskvi of international football.