Ayr United ⚪️⚫️ vs Partick Thistle 🔴🟡

Doolan Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Two crackin goals by ex-Ayr player Kevin Cawley.

Alloa's young number 19 Steven Buchanan also one to watch.Did all the things on right wing Chalmers should have been doing including skinning his man on the outside and inside.

12 hours ago, erty13 said:

To take any need to settle former club scores out of the equation,  we will drop Chalmers, if you drop Dowds for the match.

Only if you get your gaffer to admit he didn’t try a f**k while stealing a wage from us, live, at half time, over the tannoy 

23 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Only if you get your gaffer to admit he didn’t try a f**k while stealing a wage from us, live, at half time, over the tannoy 

Think that's harsh, he was just shite.  Get him to say he was shite. 

13 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Just bought tickets there and sitting in the new stand this week, what's the script with only the end closest to Thistle fans being available, surely rest aren't season tickets/hospitality?

Yeah fairly sure that's the case. The last few blocks towards the railway end are the only general entry seats - I think. The middle sections are the £60 hospitality seats (with the more expensive £100 ones getting a seat in a box). Blocks at the other end is all season tickets.

Whether or not the hospitality seats in the stand are full every week I'm not sure, but i dont think they're available to buy.

9 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Yeah fairly sure that's the case. The last few blocks towards the railway end are the only general entry seats - I think. The middle sections are the £60 hospitality seats (with the more expensive £100 ones getting a seat in a box). Blocks at the other end is all season tickets.

Whether or not the hospitality seats in the stand are full every week I'm not sure, but i dont think they're available to buy.

Aye was thinking that.  Just weird because some say "unavailable£ in grey and some say "sold" in red.

11 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Aye was thinking that.  Just weird because some say "unavailable£ in grey and some say "sold" in red.

We sat in some free seats at that end for the 2nd half against Hamilton, view was excellent. With everyone having moved along to that end of the terracing below us for the 2nd half, the atmosphere was also pretty decent

Great view of Rus lobbing Albinson from 20 yards.

Rus back into a more central position for this one or Howley to keep his spot. First half against Raith I thought he was a bit meh but he was starting to do well when Brown took him off. 

I think Rus has a bigger impact when played centrally and Murphy offers a lot as well. It’s no real surprise that Reading had his first howler of the season when Murphy was dropped. 

38 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Rus back into a more central position for this one or Howley to keep his spot. First half against Raith I thought he was a bit meh but he was starting to do well when Brown took him off. 

I think Rus has a bigger impact when played centrally and Murphy offers a lot as well. It’s no real surprise that Reading had his first howler of the season when Murphy was dropped. 

Said to my mates on Sunday that Paddy was shown up (first half) with no McMann behind him and no Murphy in front of him but he certainly played better 2nd half.

12 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Perhaps Murphy was getting rested for this one . I’d be going Rus back to CM and Murphy out on the left , hopefully that would calm Paddy down , although the loss of McMann is not only a huge loss for the team in general but for Paddy in particular.  Hopefully McMann and Mousonda will be back sooner rather than later . 

Really looking forward to this, Thistle always bring a decent support down and id expect us to have a really good support also. 

Really surprised that Thistle have had a fairly poor start to the season. With the players they have and their recruitment last season I tipped them to win the league. It’s surely due to turn for them at some point? Just hope it’s not this Saturday.

Teamwise ours pretty much picks itself. Like Callum says we could really be doing with one of McMann, Musonda, McAvoy or Devlin  being fit as can’t afford to have McAllister up against Graham.

A win here would put us 12 points ahead of Thistle albeit having played a game more and that gap is pretty big even at this early stage in the season. 

1 hour ago, BigMadMental said:

Based on current form I think Scott Brown pick a fan in a raffle to start the game at the back and they would cope with Graham no problemo.

I don't think Graham is the problem. I'd say it's the static midfield and poor play out wide. 

Saturday showed he'll dispatch decent supply. Ablade is probably similar, going by the well worked goal he finished at Falkirk.