Ayr United ⚪️⚫️ vs Partick Thistle 🔴🟡

Doolan Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

On the face of it, a decent point and definitely one we’d have taken before kickoff.

Was it a fair enough result? 

Probably aye. If we had a bit more quality on the pitch in the last 15 we’d most likely have won it. 

Thought Thistle were going to roll us over in the first ten minutes but once we weathered the storm we bossed the rest of the first half. Second half I thought we were struggling once Howley went off and then losing Dowds seemed to suck the life out of us completely. In saying that, Thistle's keeper made two terrific saves that might have gone in on another day. We desperately need to get some of our injuries sorted out; injured keeper, we've got our third choice right back at centre half, our creative midfield force didn't start, Dowds could be out for months and Murphy is made of chocolate!🤦‍♂️

22 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Thought Thistle were going to roll us over in the first ten minutes but once we weathered the storm we bossed the rest of the first half. Second half I thought we were struggling once Howley went off and then losing Dowds seemed to suck the life out of us completely. In saying that, Thistle's keeper made two terrific saves that might have gone in on another day. We desperately need to get some of our injuries sorted out; injured keeper, we've got our third choice right back at centre half, our creative midfield force didn't start, Dowds could be out for months and Murphy is made of chocolate!🤦‍♂️

Murphy has been absolutely fine injury wise for us. 

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Murphy has been absolutely fine injury wise for us. 

Will agree to disagree, however I feel he's frequently in and out the line up with niggles and you'll only get a half out of him in any given match. 

5 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Will agree to disagree, however I feel he's frequently in and out the line up with niggles and you'll only get a half out of him in any given match. 

He played thirty nine games (33 starts) last season, and wasn’t subbed at half time in a single one? 

51 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Every single week, the referee is worse that the one we had the week before. The standard is absolutely rotten. 

I thought he was hopeless for both teams, I feel I am saying that on almost a weekly basis now. A few weeks ago the guy we had against Falkirk might be one of the worst I have ever seen and again it was for both sides. 

Awful standard of officiating at this level.

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

He played thirty nine games (33 starts) last season, and wasn’t subbed at half time in a single one? 

I never said he was subbed, I said you get a half out of him, as in a decent half. I want him in the team every week by the way, he's miles better than Hastie (for 45 mins 🤣)

16 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

I thought he was hopeless for both teams, I feel I am saying that on almost a weekly basis now. A few weeks ago the guy we had against Falkirk might be one of the worst I have ever seen and again it was for both sides. 

Fans are very lazy. Ref got most things right today 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Every single week, the referee is worse that the one we had the week before. The standard is absolutely rotten. 

24 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

At our level we've been shafted by VAR in the premiership meaning league 1/2 refs have been fast tracked up when clearly not ready...

Haven't even heard of that ref today so he's clearly from the lower leagues

The moment where a pass from us to Dempsey hit the ref and ended up going to a Partick player instead for him to play on and allow Partick to counter attack up the other end was farcical, if they'd scored from that all hell would have broken...

22 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

I agree he was awful for both teams. He was letting the nearest player to him referee much of the game.

9 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

At our level we've been shafted by VAR in the premiership meaning league 1/2 refs have been fast tracked up when clearly not ready...

Haven't even heard of that ref today so he's clearly from the lower leagues

The moment where a pass from us to Dempsey hit the ref and ended up going to a Partick player instead for him to play on and allow Partick to counter attack up the other end was farcical, if they'd scored from that all hell would have broken...

Just came to say the same thing. From the championship ref point of view what a win it is. Two options. Run about in the howling wind and pishing rain whilst being abused by a couple of thousand people for 90 mins or sit and watch a telly in a nice comfy warm room. Same money.

Edited by shizzlemanizzle