Airdrie Vs Falkirk

3 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

The folks that can’t see the merits and value of Gary Oliver clearly don’t see the same player i do. I admit i’d play a fit Nesbitt before Oliver but Gary seldom lets the side down and is a very intelligent player.

I agree. He is a very clever player and can hold onto the ball very well. I think people are unfairly comparing him to Nesbitt, which is wild as very few players have the energy of Nizzy and cover the ground he does

5 hours ago, Caro-Kann said:

When it got to the 70th minute thought it might be one of those days for Falkirk where we would get an undeserved point or even win. It was a great strike from Tait to get the first goal in a very impressive second half performance from the Bairns. Dylan MacDonald was my MoM for us, hope we don't have to wait too long for Ben Wilson to return to the defence.

Defence weren't really to blame for me, they were left scrambling because we couldn't win any first or second balls in midfield 

Can’t believe I’m saying this but Falkirk were excellent today (sadly) we took a couple of beatings last year but 2-0 really flattered us today, don’t remember Dundee utd looking that good against us last season, banter years are well and truly over. There was a couple of times last season I thought we were in big trouble but managed to get through it, hoping for the same this season, big game next week.

11 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

No complaints here. It was a fairly even first half although all the near things incidents were in the Airdrie box . 

The second half was  a real gear switch from Falkirk and there were so many chances and near complete control. I only remember one attack from Airdrie with threat.

Credit to Spencer who was excellent and I could not see a weak link in that team. Aggeyman gave Hancock no peace all game in attack and defence. 

Airdrie lost out as well on any signs of pressing and I was increasingly frustrated by that bye kick stuff. Yes the goalie had a great save just before the important first goal but it was a good response by Tait. 

Noticed that McCabe retreated into the newly assembled dug out seats from 2 down and we had no real answers to Falkirk. They look the real deal this season.

This arse sucking isn’t going to cut it I’m afraid. I warned the scum that was abusing us when we were rotten that I would be the pain in your arse when we had a revival and that’s just what I’m going to be. Must be killing you us  seeking promotion to the top division. How does it feel ? Where are the f..Kwits who were noising us up? Bit quiet now 🙃. The silence brings me insane joy. 🤣

Edited by Balde Bairn

13 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Not exactly Brazil 70 vs Holland 78 here. Falkirk the better side but not great. Terrell easily Airdries best player and possibly the best man on the pitch, but we are not linking well. Ref getting pelters but it's the near side linesman who deserves them, two stick on offsides not given despite the player being easily 5 yards off for both and the assault on Wilson late in the half. 

So the first "stick on offside" was from a goal-kick and the second is onside despite being "5 yards off." 

Screenshot_20240915_053412_YouTube.jpg

10 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Who would have predicted when Airdrie battered us in the playoffs 2 seasons ago that in such a short time we'd be levels above them.

That was like playing a diddy team in a cup tie. Kindof like what Celtic will do to us next week.

Seems losing the players from our successful team last year have not been replaced to the same standard. McCabe also seems to have gone even more extreme with his “football philosophy” to the point that we are becoming completely predictable. 

3 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

This arse sucking isn’t going to cut it I’m afraid. I warned the scum that was abusing us when we were rotten that I would be the pain in your arse when we had a revival and that’s just what I’m going to be. Must be killing you us  seeking promotion to the top division. How does it feel ? Where are the f..Kwits who were noising us up? Bit quiet now 🙃. The silence brings me insane joy. 🤣

To be fair, there is nothing to say. Got to suck it up as you boys have taken pelters these last few years (rightly). That is the joy of football though. Swings and roundabouts. 

4 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

😂 enjoy it pal. Just as everyone enjoyed taking the piss then (you winning now doesn’t  mean those 5 years didn’t happen btw). By far the better side today.

As for “it must be killing you” etc. you might want to get some perspective on life! I’m pretty sure no one is losing any sleep over it. 

Watching the goals again, both excellent goals from a Falkirk point of view for different reasons, so fair play to them. From our point of view the result of lazy defending, I think from McGregor for both. The first he charges out and sells himself to avoid having to stand up and actually defend, and the second Mackie jogs the whole way up the park untracked by McGregor until it's too late. The back 4 can't do anything about either at that point.

Very rare that you take such a hammering (in terms of the general play, if not the scoreline) and you feel sorry for the defenders. But given how porous we were in front of them and being exposed so easily like the above, I'm not sure what more they could have done.

5 hours ago, Balde Bairn said:

And you're perfectly entitled to do this. Enjoy your season.

53 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Watching the goals again, both excellent goals from a Falkirk point of view for different reasons, so fair play to them. From our point of view the result of lazy defending, I think from McGregor for both. The first he charges out and sells himself to avoid having to stand up and actually defend, and the second Mackie jogs the whole way up the park untracked by McGregor until it's too late. The back 4 can't do anything about either at that point.

Very rare that you take such a hammering (in terms of the general play, if not the scoreline) and you feel sorry for the defenders. But given how porous we were in front of them and being exposed so easily like the above, I'm not sure what more they could have done.

The score flattered Airdrie, the score stayed down due to bad finishing rather than good defending,Missing a player like Fordyce showing every week ,

12 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Looking forward to next Sunday, an early start, few beers and a free hit when it comes to the match, but I think we’ll do fine. Just deciding what boozer(s) to go to

I just hope we play the Celtic game in the style we have played every other team in the past year, including Hearts, Dundee United etc. Fast passing, attacking, shots, 2 wingers etc

We are expected to lose this anyway so why not at least have a go. I'd rather lose 5-2 or something like that than 3,4,5-0 sitting in with a low block all game. Give the fans something to cheer, enjoy the game and give the Celtic defence something to think about.

I was at the game at Celtic park game we lost 8-1, and anyone who was there will tell you it was a decent night out, despite losing by a barrowload. Falkirk fans sang till the end, remember the Celtic fans looking at us as we out sang them, thinking who are these nutters!?

Our club are in a fantastic position just now, the money is already in the bank win or lose, this is the absolute definition of a free hit. Expect the unexpected.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

3 hours ago, Airdrie76 said:

😂 enjoy it pal. Just as everyone enjoyed taking the piss then (you winning now doesn’t  mean those 5 years didn’t happen btw). By far the better side today.

As for “it must be killing you” etc. you might want to get some perspective on life! I’m pretty sure no one is losing any sleep over it. 

Those 5 years make the current run all the sweeter.  Every club in the lower leagues would love to be in our position right now. 

12 hours ago, Right in the Stanchion said:

Defence weren't really to blame for me, they were left scrambling because we couldn't win any first or second balls in midfield 

I agree with this. Your defence and keeper did pretty well to keep us out for as long as they did but your strikers and most of your midfield gave them little assistance and as a result we simply swarmed all over you. We were really good yesterday TBF. 

Sometimes you just need to suck it up and say 'totally deserved'.

Any other summing up that doesn't include "Falkirk deserved that" is wrong imo. First half started like a cup tie, full bloodied tackles all round, I liked it.

Second half was as one sided as I've seen from an away team at our place, at any point in the last 3 years, and I include hearts in that.

Another few performances like that will set in a mindset, and I think over the next few weeks we'll see chopping and changing in our lineups.

Fair play Falkirk, a pumping at the potato park.