Airdrie Vs Falkirk

On 10/09/2024 at 22:18, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

He was really good in midfield for the majority of last season as well. Then Tom Lang got injured in March and as we were light on defenders he ended up dropping back there.

Dylan Tait then came into midfield and has been excellent. I dont think Henderson displaces him or Spencer now, especially the way they have started this season.

Lang is still injured (though only meant to be out for a couple more weeks). I'd have had Lang as possibly our most important player before he got injured so the fact we haven't missed him is testament to how well Henderson has filled in.

We've got a few players with good versatility in our squad but no one who does it quite as well as Hendo. Plus the fact he's a professional Ultras enthusiast makes him a firm fan favourite 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lang coming back in when he's fit if I'm honest.

We look quite vulnerable to counter attacks and balls over the top because Donaldson and Henderson are quite slow.

If Lang recovers properly from his injuries he's comfortably quicker than both and could sweep up more effectively.

9 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lang coming back in when he's fit if I'm honest.

We look quite vulnerable to counter attacks and balls over the top because Donaldson and Henderson are quite slow.

If Lang recovers properly from his injuries he's comfortably quicker than both and could sweep up more effectively.

We'll always be vulnerable to that because of high how our defence plays for me. Not convinced Lang will sor that. Just the risk we take for the way we use the centre halfs to add bodies to the attack, especially against teams that sit in.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

We'll always be vulnerable to that because of high how our defence plays for me. Not convinced Lang will sor that. Just the risk we take for the way we use the centre halfs to add bodies to the attack, especially against teams that sit in.

Aye that's true, but I think having a bit more pace helps to minimise the risk a bit. 

I was trying to think of the last game that we actually 'deserved' to lose and think the play off debacle may have been it? Obviously we've lost to Ayr in the LC, Bonnyrigg in the SC and the Welsh team in the CC since then and, from the point of view that these teams deserved to win because they out scored us, we 'deserved' to win them all from the angle of being the better team on the day. We haven't been outplayed by anybody since as far as I can remember?

Have I forgotten any others?

4 hours ago, Girth said:

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

You should have gone to Specsavers……….or is it just the case that myopia is a prerequisite for being a Dundee fan……..😎

Also surprised to see an alleged Dee supporter choosing a picture with an orange scarf  unless you of course there’s a typo & you forgot to put Utd after the team you support

8 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I was trying to think of the last game that we actually 'deserved' to lose and think the play off debacle may have been it? Obviously we've lost to Ayr in the LC, Bonnyrigg in the SC and the Welsh team in the CC since then and, from the point of view that these teams deserved to win because they out scored us, we 'deserved' to win them all from the angle of being the better team on the day. We haven't been outplayed by anybody since as far as I can remember?

Have I forgotten any others?

Stennie beat us on pens at weekend & Utd in league cup group stages last year 

1 minute ago, Kircer bairn said:

Stennie beat us on pens at weekend & Utd in league cup group stages last year 

Stenny game was a draw though as far as the actual match was concerned. Forgot about DU, again though, did they actually deserve the win? I'm sure that was the game where Tom Lang decided to pass to Fotheringham on the 6 yard line to give him a tap in?

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Stenny game was a draw though as far as the actual match was concerned. Forgot about DU, again though, did they actually deserve the win? I'm sure that was the game where Tom Lang decided to pass to Fotheringham on the 6 yard line to give him a tap in?

Agree that in both instances v Stennie & Utd we didn’t deserve to lose. 

So you all agree that the last time you deserved to get beat was by Airdrie, and this is your first time playing us since…….

Out of interest, who was the last team to actually beat you in the league, play offs included of course? 😘

No idea how it’ll go on Saturday, Falkirk clearly a team in good form, Airdrie not so much, but one thing is for sure. 

Either you’ll extend your unbeaten league run to 42 games (I think!) or it’ll be 3 defeats in a row v Airdrie. 

1 hour ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

So you all agree that the last time you deserved to get beat was by Airdrie, and this is your first time playing us since…….

Out of interest, who was the last team to actually beat you in the league, play offs included of course? 😘

No idea how it’ll go on Saturday, Falkirk clearly a team in good form, Airdrie not so much, but one thing is for sure. 

Either you’ll extend your unbeaten league run to 42 games (I think!) or it’ll be 3 defeats in a row v Airdrie. 

Incredible insight there....ever thought of taking up journalism?

No shit Sherlock! 🤦‍♂️ 🤣

43 or defeat. We are already on 42.

On 11/09/2024 at 14:28, Falkirkfan1985 said:

is there a pub that Falkirk fans tend to meet up in? been to this game a few times, but having a beer on saturday

West end bar in airdrie would be fine for you guys. Just don’t post about it on social media

With Morrison, Nesbitt and Lang all still out, guessing the team will be as per Morton, unless with some decent performances, JM thinks Agyeman has played himself into a starting slot...

Hogarth

Adams - Henderson - Donaldson - Mackie

Spencer - Tait

Miller - Oliver - Ross

McIver

Subs - Agyeman, Yeats, McCann, McKenna, Shanley

Really looking forward to this game, another big test for our unbeaten run.

This new improved Falkirk will be a tough test but I'm now more hopeful with our recently improving performances that we could get a result particularly with the return of McGregor who we have evidently really missed. Need to cut out those defensive errors as Falkirk have the firepower to punish us.