Annan vs Dumbarton

Match Outcome  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He's come in with a lot of pace, out of control and nowhere near the ball. Its not that much of a reach. I imagine it was given, harshly, for DOGSO though.

Come on man. He's in control of himself, his feet are on the ground and I'm not even convinced there's a lot of contact. If that's a serious foul turn the lights out and bolt the door cause the game is gone.

Seems harsh, very harsh. Can't really tell from that if keeper's studs were up or he caught the ball with his toe, def looked to play the ball and his foot wasn't to high. That would be a perfect sliding tackle in the days when tackles were allowed.

To me, if Long had made significant physical contact with the attacker then that player would not have continued his completely linear travel before hitting the ground.  In other words two players and the ball collided in what used to be known as a tackle rather than the keeper wiping out the Annan player.  If it had been the latter he'd have gone down in a heap.

30 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Matthew Shiels should join Sean Murdoch in hanging his head in shame. An absolutely shameful miss.

Make Kalvin Orsi great again.

Yep. Got to just smash it in from there instead of placement.

29 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Matthew Shiels should join Sean Murdoch in hanging his head in shame. An absolutely shameful miss.

Make Kalvin Orsi great again.

I was surprised we never put Kalvin on yesterday. In a game where we were pegged in, someone to carry the ball forward would have been handy. There's also the fact that Shiels hadn't had the best game and wad fair tiring out of things.

I actually thought we could have hooked Millar at the same time we brought on Lynas and I'd have moved Carlo into the midfield role and put Kalvin on the right.

We were falling deeper and deeper and could have benefited from that option.

1 hour ago, squeezebox-son said:

Haven't changed my opinion at all. Not sure about how much contact, he's heading so wide (even though the free kick was taken more centrally), and he's not even the last man because Durnan is in line with them when the challenge happens.

SmartSelect_20240915_104854_YouTube.gif

Yep, it’s a shocker of a decision.

FWIW I thought we were pish poor yesterday and very lucky indeed to get anything from that game.  Only a great stop by Jamie Smith kept us in it in the second half. 

Should have took the opportunity to put the wee guy in goals under pressure by moving Tam Muir up front much earlier. If that was his debut he can be pleased with his performance and am sure he will have harder paper rounds in front of him. 

As for the sending off I was behind the goal and thought it definitely was a red card. Watching the video today I'm not that sure. Lucky there's no VAR at this level for us...

9 minutes ago, Grumpysonoftherock said:

I’d doubt if it was appealed that it would be overturned imho. 

I agree. Though not because they’d think it was a red, they’ll just want to back the ref. I’d still appeal, though. You can’t just sit back and accept a decision like that.