The KVV/ Europa failures derby Saints v Killie 14/09/24

3 hours ago, Ric said:

Kilmarnock's form is worse than ours, they've scored one goal all season and sit rooted to the bottom of the table.

Away win then..! :rolleyes:

Both clubs could definitely do with a win here. 

Neither side (not that I heard any real noises from your side + I think McInnes was just being honest) have any excuses now.

20 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Neither side (not that I heard any real noises from your side + I think McInnes was just being honest) have any excuses now.

McInnes absolutely has our number, perhaps the 'home town' thing, but it seems no matter who is in charge of us and irrespective of the team he's managing, McInnes comes out on top.

On 10/09/2024 at 14:23, Lurkst said:

Tickets purchased. Considerably easier than the game in May when I couldn't even get one.

We've sold around 1000 so far, can't see us selling out. 

Been an expensive couple of months for many. 3 home games not on the season tickets in Europe and 3 away trips, some doing all 3, with two of them being in Scandinavia. 

I'd expect us to have around 1200 which isn't too bad all things considered. 

I know my wallet is looking forward to the free weekend next week!

Was hoping to make this my 1st game of the season due to recovering from an knee op. 

Check the train time to find it been changed from the last time i used it. 

Assuming i have got it right, train from Gilmour St is at 2.02 and 3.02 which doesn't help away fans either. 

Looked like a late decision since i am also unsure how i would managed with the leg space between the seats. 

Oh and for Killie to beat us again 🤔

6 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

Was hoping to make this my 1st game of the season due to recovering from an knee op. 

Assuming i have got it right, train from Gilmour St is at 2.02 and 3.02 which doesn't help away fans either. 

Looked like a late decision since i am also unsure how i would managed with the leg space between the seats. 

Scotrail have been running a reduced service since July, due to industrial action.

6 hours ago, Ric said:

McInnes absolutely has our number, perhaps the 'home town' thing, but it seems no matter who is in charge of us and irrespective of the team he's managing, McInnes comes out on top.

32 league games he's come up against us as a manager between St. Johnstone, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock. 

We've won once. An early season game off the back of an Aberdeen European game.

It's an incredible record going back 15 years.

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

32 league games he's come up against us as a manager between St. Johnstone, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock. 

That’s some serious research, chapeau 👏🏻

10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

You do get these sorts of statistical oddities in football, but rarely in cases where the teams (or in this case the manager) meet so often.

10 hours ago, Kempes said:

That’s some serious research, chapeau 👏🏻

It's pretty well known McInnes' record against us, as it gets mentioned almost every game now. Plus, for those who missed it, it was part of a BBC article/snippet recently.

10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

That’s how we felt before he became our manager,

On 10/09/2024 at 18:17, Sortmeout said:

I agree, I wasn't getting 'whiney' vibes from McInnes, and if we'd gone a further round you can guarantee Robbo would've been making the same complaints. Actually thought Robinson was surprisingly restrained in not bringing up the fatigue, especially after the LC loss at Tannadice.

I personally hate this Nations League bollocks and the endless international breaks, but this one came at the right time for us. Could have done with Gogic getting a rest instead of playing for Cyprus, but at least most the squad should be recovering now.

15 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We've sold around 1000 so far, can't see us selling out. 

Been an expensive couple of months for many. 3 home games not on the season tickets in Europe and 3 away trips, some doing all 3, with two of them being in Scandinavia. 

I'd expect us to have around 1200 which isn't too bad all things considered. 

I know my wallet is looking forward to the free weekend next week!

Like you say, still a very decent number, but most unlike you not to sell out. The reasons you mention must be a factor.

Incidentally I believe I’ll be meeting you for a pint on Saturday with my Killie supporting mate who you kindly got a ticket. 👍

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Like you say, still a very decent number, but most unlike you not to sell out. The reasons you mention must be a factor.

Incidentally I believe I’ll be meeting you for a pint on Saturday with my Killie supporting mate who you kindly got a ticket. 👍

The Inbetweeners Thumbs Up GIF

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Ha, aye he messaged me to get him a ticket through TAMB. 

We will likely see a late surge but can't see us taking 1600. 

Heard a few folk say they aren't taking kids after issues at the previous two games near away end. 

19 hours ago, tam the bud said:

It used to be the Gourock train stopping at St James now it's changed to the Wemyss Bay train . First train for me after the game is 17.40. Oh well will just need to have a slow point in the 1877 club.

Just now, ZingaliMan said:

It used to be the Gourock train stopping at St James now it's changed to the Wemyss Bay train . First train for me after the game is 17.40. Oh well will just need to have a slow point in the 1877 club.

Pint. 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Ha, aye he messaged me to get him a ticket through TAMB. 

We will likely see a late surge but can't see us taking 1600. 

Heard a few folk say they aren't taking kids after issues at the previous two games near away end. 

Don't blame them to be honest. Haven't had my son back since St Johnstone at home last season after the balaclava lot scrapping outside the exit of the ground where we head for our car.