⚫⚪ Queen's Park vs Greenock Morton 🔵⚪

53 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Big 45 mins coming up for the Ton! Can we score? 

As we all suspected no we won't score!

We easily must have the worst forward line in the league and possibly the worst in living memory.

What was the point in assembling a squad and "getting our business done early" and not signing a f*cking striker???

As the squad stands at the moment we are in a relegation season!   

Should have been four or five nil. They are absolutely ghastly. Class second half.

To the couple of Morton fans giving it ableist patter to a disabled QP fan on the way out and the equally culpable couple of dozen who said f**k all, might I be the first to say get it all the f**king up you, you scumbag f**ks. Have a horrible evening. xxx

A bit disappointed we didn't score more today, especially in the second half. We had chances to win that comfortably and even 3 or 4-0 would've been fair, but it's still nice to beat a team we've struggled against recently.

Morton looked very poor, definitely the worst side we've played so far although we've not exactly had the easiest set of fixtures to start the season.

Fingers crossed we can build on that anyway, which I still suspect will need to involve bringing another striker in ASAP. Played some lovely football at times though, just need to get better at putting the ball in the net!

2 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

As we all suspected no we won't score!

We easily must have the worst forward line in the league and possibly the worst in living memory.

What was the point in assembling a squad and "getting our business done early" and not signing a f*cking striker???

As the squad stands at the moment we are in a relegation season!   

An obvious comparison fans of relegation threatened clubs in any division make is how their players compare to other clubs; is our squad really that bad?

Comparing our options at centre forward to every other club in the Championship doesn't take long. The concerning thing is that every League One club has a better centre forward than we do, and plenty of them are players I'd immediately say no to because they're not good enough for the Championship. Unless there is somehow enough money in the budget to sign another player, we will not win a game until January when we can only hope we aren't so far adrift that recouping wages on the shite we get rid of to sign one competent footballer to lead the line isn't too late.

2 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

An obvious comparison fans of relegation threatened clubs in any division make is how their players compare to other clubs; is our squad really that bad?

Comparing our options at centre forward to every other club in the Championship doesn't take long. The concerning thing is that every League One club has a better centre forward than we do, and plenty of them are players I'd immediately say no to because they're not good enough for the Championship. Unless there is somehow enough money in the budget to sign another player, we will not win a game until January when we can only hope we aren't so far adrift that recouping wages on the shite we get rid of to sign one competent footballer to lead the line isn't too late.

Lets think the unthinkable. If there is no budget to sign even a loan player (striker) then Dougie won't last till January

1 minute ago, Colkitto said:

Dougie won't last till January

Maybe so - but even the world's greatest manager can't suddenly instil talent into players who don't have any. I know that replacing Oakley or Muirhead was always going to be a big ask - but there surely had to be better options than a 'My 600lb life' contestant with the running ability of a tortoise. The recruitment's been clownshoe. Barring a miracle in January - we're going down.

Matchday experience honking as expected. Steak pie was good though.

Deserved win for QP. Thought the first half was even, McGinn played in by JET and missing an absolute sitter, QP should have had a red card and the goal was a fluke OG. But they were by far the better team in the second half and should’ve won by more. We really missed Garrity and Wilson and need a rethink about how we play if Wilson in particular is missing. We also lacked the aggression and intensity that we were so derided for last season. Soft as shite and a far worse performance that what I saw us put in against Hamilton and Falkirk.

Hopefully Shaw turns out to be the second coming of Gareth Bale because we desperately need a goalscorer. 

Watching JET play football wow 🤣🤣

An embarrassment to be in that physical condition regardless of how talented he may be 

Thoroughly deserved win. Pretty flat opening 25 mins but we upped the tempo and should have scored more than one. 

Cammy Kerr was tremendous again. What a signing he’s been so far 

About as comfortable as a 1 nil gets. 2 off the post, 1 off the bar, another couple of really good chances and a helluva load of good positions wasted.

Hopefully the start of a bit more consistency in the team and we can kick on from here.

Thought big Murray was class and I love what Cammy Kerr brings to this team. Got plenty quality going forward - just missing that bit of composure at times. 

Have to say I don’t think QP look a great side, which makes today all the more concerning, but they have a decent balance to their team. Some direct players, a focal point in attack and some pace. Thomas can chuck in some hopeful balls, which he was rewarded for today, because they have a striker who might do something with it. We have some good players but look so unbalanced. 

I was impressed with Murray in defence. It’s easy to say how poor we were and how little we created, but good defenders have a knack of making it look easy and he strolled it today. Looks a very promising player. 

Yahoo! Well done lads. Beat these hamerthrowers eventually. By all accounts should have been 4 or 5. Fancy Morton to be in relegation trouble this season. 

Edited by Moodster
Spelling!

14 hours ago, an86 said:

Should have been four or five nil. They are absolutely ghastly. Class second half.

To the couple of Morton fans giving it ableist patter to a disabled QP fan on the way out and the equally culpable couple of dozen who said f**k all, might I be the first to say get it all the f**king up you, you scumbag f**ks. Have a horrible evening. xxx

We deserved nothing from that yesterday and 5-0 would have been a fair reflection. Dougie will look back on McGinns chance but if memory serves me right the QP keeper had 2 saves to make in 90 minutes. Not good enough.

Regarding the incident at the end which I didn't see. If it panned out the way you describe then that's totally out of order. I'd be interested to hear if having witnessed it you intervened?

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

I'd be interested to hear if having witnessed it you intervened?

I did, aye. Had an exchange of words with one of the cretins. We’re talking grown men here btw. Not idiot, try hard kids.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

I did, aye. Had an exchange of words with one of the cretins. We’re talking grown men here btw. Not idiot, try hard kids.

That's piss poor on the away fans part. Was the guy ok?