Celtic v Falkirk

2 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Even though he scored a couple my suspicions are still that Adam Idah is total shite.

Said as much to my mate, obviously about 2 minutes before he scored. Norwich must have been creasing themselves at getting 9 million for him.

Great shift by the team, I was hoping to see us score, but to take the lead twice was tremendous. Unfortunately the combination of tiring legs, Celtics 4 subs and MacIver going off injured all at roughly the same time killed us. 
Hopefully MacIver is nothing serious as that would be a huge blow going into the next 3 games.

Went to watch the match 5 pages came back full of the wine and I find 20 pages. fans from various teams taking delight in Falkirk beating Celtics 2nd XI. Then the various reasons why the celebrations came to a halt and the focus turned to the usual pish the world is against us, the loss of MacIver was the reason we collapsed, no it was the sectarian singing.

It was Brendan Rodgers playing a 2nd XI that gave you hope then with 25 mins left he puts a few 1st XI players on and we score 4.

As I predicted we would win by 3 but not in the the circumstances I expected.

It has been fun exchanging views with the Falkirk fans and others. In am sure they are now happy with the money the so called sectarian fans gave then for todays game. I hope you spend it wisely. Enjoy the Championship you have now been knocked out of 2 cups, 1 by a makeshift Celtic team and another by Stenhousemuir that speaks volumes. bye 

Great match 

If it is any consolation to the Falkirk fans they are the best team we have faced in Scotland so far this season and it should be a fixture that is replayed next season in the big league.

Although on the comments above they must have magical mirrors in Falkirk.

8 minutes ago, Bacchus said:

It has been fun exchanging views with the Falkirk fans and others. In am sure they are now happy with the money the so called sectarian fans gave then for todays game. I hope you spend it wisely. Enjoy the Championship you have now been knocked out of 2 cups, 1 by a makeshift Celtic team and another by Stenhousemuir that speaks volumes. bye 

From the bottom of my heart,

Get it right up you smelly 😂

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

From the bottom of my heart,

Get it right up you smelly 😂

I knew you would not be far away with an inspirational and eloquent reply. Now waiting on your sidekick's reply. To the victor goes the spoils HH

32 minutes ago, Eder said:

Great match 

If it is any consolation to the Falkirk fans they are the best team we have faced in Scotland so far this season and it should be a fixture that is replayed next season in the big league.

Although on the comments above they must have magical mirrors in Falkirk.

It’s no consolation - goodnight you bigot.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I thought they looked ill.

Most of them were either grossly overweight or a very, very pale colour.

A very ugly bunch of people.

Scottish people in general are quite unhealthy relative to the rest of Europe, and parts of Glasgow even more so given the socioeconomic situation there. It's not a new thing. I don't think it's a problem exclusive to Celtic fans either.

I always tend to notice it at the airport when I'm abroad at the aiport gates. People are noticably unhealthy-looking and overweight and it's all the more noticeable when you've been away for a while.

On the game itself I thought Falkirk were excellent and a lot of Premiership sides could take a leaf out of their book. 5-2 was not a fair reflection of the game at all. It made for an enjoyable watch.

2 hours ago, Bacchus said:

Went to watch the match 5 pages came back full of the wine and I find 20 pages. fans from various teams taking delight in Falkirk beating Celtics 2nd XI. Then the various reasons why the celebrations came to a halt and the focus turned to the usual pish the world is against us, the loss of MacIver was the reason we collapsed, no it was the sectarian singing.

It was Brendan Rodgers playing a 2nd XI that gave you hope then with 25 mins left he puts a few 1st XI players on and we score 4.

I think the score line may have been closer if we had been able to field a first XI too TBF.

3 hours ago, Bacchus said:

What’s this “so called” pish.

You are what you are.

5 hours ago, Bacchus said:

Went to watch the match 5 pages came back full of the wine and I find 20 pages. fans from various teams taking delight in Falkirk beating Celtics 2nd XI. 

It must be a tad worrying for Celtic fans that you don't have the strength in depth that you thought you had. If you hadn't brought on the first choice players to see off a Championship side, Celtic would probably be out of the treble. 

25 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It must be a tad worrying for Celtic fans that you don't have the strength in depth that you thought you had. If you hadn't brought on the first choice players to see off a Championship side, Celtic would probably be out of the treble. 

An under strength Championship side.

10 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

They also managed to concede more than any of them

At least we tried to come over the halfway line though and not just hoof it to some average 6’3” centre forward from England. 

10 hours ago, Bacchus said:

That “2nd XI” probably cost the better part of £25m in transfer fees. I don’t think it’s quite the “gotcha” you think it is when facing Falkirk.

8 hours ago, S7C said:

Scottish people in general are quite unhealthy relative to the rest of Europe, and parts of Glasgow even more so given the socioeconomic situation there. It's not a new thing. I don't think it's a problem exclusive to Celtic fans either.

I always tend to notice it at the airport when I'm abroad at the aiport gates. People are noticably unhealthy-looking and overweight and it's all the more noticeable when you've been away for a while.

On the game itself I thought Falkirk were excellent and a lot of Premiership sides could take a leaf out of their book. 5-2 was not a fair reflection of the game at all. It made for an enjoyable watch.

I notice that too, and they're always wearing Celtic or Rangers tops.

23 minutes ago, AJF said:

That “2nd XI” probably cost the better part of £25m in transfer fees. I don’t think it’s quite the “gotcha” you think it is when facing Falkirk.

It also bears very little scrutiny in the context of wanting (or in the case of this particular poster, arrogantly expecting) a domestic treble. Do Celtic fans really think they're not going to see the squad players trotted out on numerous occasions this season? Do they think its all good because they escaped a near miss v Falkirk and it won't happen again? 

Also, as has been pointed out a number of time, from last season our top scorer who got over 20 goals from right mid, our first pick CH and our first pick number 10 were all missing. 

Heavy delusions kicking about in trying to hindsight their way out of a scare. The bookies weren't rushing to slash the 30/1 you could get on us when the team lines came out. 

12 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I just can’t get my head around how anyone can support a club like Rangers or Celtic that are horrible and bigoted let alone take my child to the game like a lot of them do.

They are vile.

To paraphrase Bob Dylan, "they just want to be on the side that's winning".