Dumbarton vs Montrose

Outcome   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/09/24 at 14:00

On 18/09/2024 at 06:22, GordyBrow said:

I’m travelling through for this because I have to be in Glasgow in the evening anyway, so it’s a great opportunity to catch my first game of the season. Away win.

You've forgotten the League Cup game at Aberdeen. (Understandably.)

making my first visit to The Rock tomorrow after numerous visits to Boghead.  Looking forward to it off the back of a very good performance against Stenny last week, hopefully build on that and not do 'a Montrose' and follow that performance with a poor one.

Ryan Williamson coming on to the player we hoped he'd be, Kane hopefully got the scent for goals after opening his account for the season, big players coming back form injury, all looking promising.  

1 hour ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Woken up this morning with the absolute fear we’re going to get humped today. Fingers-crossed it doesn’t become a reality this afternoon. 

Relax. First 3 points of the season coming up.

I hate playing Montrose. Feel like our record against them (at least in my lifetime) is woeful! Can't remember too many victories other than thumping them, away, with a certain Stephen Dobbie in our side. Think it was 0 - 5 and a few of us got the train up to the match.

Other than that, I feel like we always struggle against them.

11 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

I hate playing Montrose. Feel like our record against them (at least in my lifetime) is woeful! Can't remember too many victories other than thumping them, away, with a certain Stephen Dobbie in our side. Think it was 0 - 5 and a few of us got the train up to the match.

Other than that, I feel like we always struggle against them.

It feels like we never beat them at home. We actually have a better record than I expected in recent times up there, probably because all the games have been hard work and they've battered us a couple of times. But our last home win against them was also Stevie Aitken's last win in charge. That feels a lifetime ago!

It's the team with the most shots in the league against the team with the least. And that can only mean one thing. Dumbarton (11 shots, 6 on target) 0-1 Montrose (3 shots, two on target)...

17 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It feels like we never beat them at home. We actually have a better record than I expected in recent times up there, probably because all the games have been hard work and they've battered us a couple of times. But our last home win against them was also Stevie Aitken's last win in charge. That feels a lifetime ago!

It's the team with the most shots in the league against the team with the least. And that can only mean one thing. Dumbarton (11 shots, 6 on target) 0-1 Montrose (3 shots, two on target)...

That's the thing for me. We need to start taking our chances! If we can get it right then you could see someone on the back of a big defeat to us. FWIW, I reckon last week could have been that game for us.

Here's hoping we can dig in and get some reward after last weeks farce.