St Johnstone's Next Permanent Manager - 24/25 Edition

Who will be St Johnstone's next permanent manager?  

303 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Shortlist of 4, by my reading of The Couriers latest article.

Scott Brown, Peter Leven, Tiernan Lynch, and unnamed manager of a "European club".

Also sounds like Lynch is the number one choice and has already been sounded out.

Tiernan Lynch the first to be offered the job. Apparently compensation talks (rumoured to be 6 figures, which might be him and his brother who's assistant) and talks with Lynch himself started and they hope to have it done by Monday.

Courier saying compensation now agreed with Larne, for Lynch and two coaches to follow him, and he'll be our next manager unless there's a "late change of heart".

They say he was the top choice from the very start but a process had to be followed to make sure of that.

Scott Burns saying Lynch is on a huge wage at Larne and we wouldn't offer him enough to make the move.

Simo Valakari, current manager of Riga FC, apparently been offered the job now.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scott Burns saying Lynch is on a huge wage at Larne and we wouldn't offer him enough to make the move.

Simo Valakari, current manager of Riga FC, apparently been offered the job now.

Hm, slightly strange one if so. Hardly had a stellar career in management, more a middle ranking one.

The battle in Latvia is between Riga FC and "Riga Football School" and Riga second fiddle again this season. Both those clubs have a much bigger budget than any other by Latvian standards.

I'm guessing Peter Leven is staying at Aberdeen as well. Strong Harri Kampmann vibes about this appointment (for younger viewers, a Finnish messiah appointed by Motherwell in the late 90s, I think, left with the Steelmen in a rip tide of disaster)

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

1 minute ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Hm, slightly starnge one if so. Hardly had a stellar career in management, more a middle ranking one.

The battle in Latvia is between Riga FC and "Riga Football School" and Riga second fiddle again this season. Both those clubs have a much bigger budget than any other by Latvian standards.

I'm guessing Peter Leven is staying at Aberdeen as well.

Yeah Leven was announced as saying at Aberdeen yesterday.

He seems to have been desperate to get a Scottish club for years so he'll have applied, and his CV reads well in Finland before moving to Latvia tbf.

We're not an attractive club to join just now.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him using more local assistants as part of his coaching team. Lee McCulloch and the likes seem reasonably obvious.

Club does need a bigger overhaul on the footballing side though.

Provided no changes, Valakari probably in Perth and announced late tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see him using more local assistants as part of his coaching team. Lee McCulloch and the likes seem reasonably obvious.

Club does need a bigger overhaul on the footballing side though.

Provided no changes, Valakari probably in Perth and announced late tomorrow. 

I doubt it'll be that quick surely? His team just finished playing a game this afternoon.

Funnily enough looked up who he played with at Motherwell and wondered about McCulloch too, but he claimed he'd "retired" from coaching after leaving Hearts citing how "laptop-y" football had become as coach.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I doubt it'll be that quick surely? His team just finished playing a game this afternoon.

Funnily enough looked up who he played with at Motherwell and wondered about McCulloch too, but he claimed he'd "retired" from coaching after leaving Hearts citing how "laptop-y" football had become as coach.

Don't think he or Saints will want to hang around. He doesn't seem the sort to want to waste time and I'd imagine as part of the previous discussions, both sides will have a pretty clear understanding. That said, clearly the Lynch situation shows not all things will have been discussed or agreed.