Clyde FC vs Elgin City FC - 21/09/2024

Not enough from Leitch or Scullion. Elgin sitting in and happy to give us space out wide and to be fair, all of Lyon, Rennie, Robson & Redfern have been decent.

Just Allan struggling in the box and us never actually trying to play through the middle isn't helping.

Never a red card for me, I wasn't even expecting the free kick (though it was a shirt pull).

We have actually stayed patient and moved the ball pretty well. No shots on target to speak of is really worrying though. Seem to be relying on a cutback finally falling to a Clyde player.

4 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Not enough from Leitch or Scullion. Elgin sitting in and happy to give us space out wide and to be fair, all of Lyon, Rennie, Robson & Redfern have been decent.

Just Allan struggling in the box and us never actually trying to play through the middle isn't helping.

Not sure that's fair on Scullion, he's always looking for the ball and is our designated dead-ball expert.  Lots of effort. We seem unable to do anything from 2nd balls or cut backs.

For all that Rennie is busy, he's often like a giraffe on rollercates.

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Not sure that's fair on Scullion, he's always looking for the ball and is our designated dead-ball expert.  Lots of effort. We seem unable to do anything from 2nd balls or cut backs.

For all that Rennie is busy, he's often like a giraffe on rollercates.

Our deadball expert who finds their defenders with almost every corner? I'm not saying he hasn't worked hard but it's been to very little effect so far.

1 minute ago, Am Muilleach said:

Do Clyde film the games? (Sorry guys - I'm sure you won't want to watch again) I'd really like a look at the red card.

Normally aye. Should be highlights on YouTube in the next few days

Was shocked that a foul was given for the red card and my first assumption was that the ref spotted something that wasn't visible from the stand. Given the rest of his performance, I've revised that assumption.

Elgin battled well thereafter but in truth you'll never, ever have an easier time of it playing an entire away game with ten men. First half we got the ball into some threatening areas and it either didn't fall for us or the quality was lacking, but in the second it was hopeless stuff from a man who's run out of ideas. The subs were all shots in the dark and that it took us until the last minute to force a single save is utterly, utterly shameful.

New keeper looks alright, Ross Lyon had a good game, most of us don't have to bother next week, but that's about it for the positives.