Raith Rovers v falkirk

Thought it was a very tetchy affair normally reserved for top of the table clashes, not seen any replay so don't know if it was a definite penalty or not but the ref was guessing for a few things in the game. Like giving a corner from Ethan Dross shooting wide that didn't come close to touching anyone else. 

Tait and Spencer are both excellent on the ball and to be fair we stopped them from doing a lot of damage high up the pitch. 

We're still missing a few boys and probably need to find the right wide players for some games before we feel a bit more confident in pushing up the table. 

Easton was quality, he'll be sore tomorrow as he got a few good kicks on him first half. 

Congratulations to Falkirk on 43 games, it's an achievement and nicely done from the fans to applaud them off at the end. 

Deserved win for Raith, a shame we bow out of the unbeaten run with a bit of a whimper  but having seen the team there were glaring holes all over the shop. We’ve been lucky with injuries throughout our run but felt like today was a step too far. Any team with 6 of their literal best players out would be f**ked and the fact we made it fairly close was a decent effort. Onto next week! 

Edited by bairn88

Raith look a stuffy side and should have enough to get themselves out of relegation trouble. From a Falkirk point of view we just need to keep performing as we have been, get back on track and try win this league, nothing today changes that. It wasn’t a bad performance despite all our injury troubles and were a bit unlucky. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Can see why Falkirk have been on a great run, look a confident side.

Delighted with the win and great to see our captain get his first minutes of the season. Still Stanton, Vaughan and Fordyce to come back who’ll all walk straight into the starting 11.

Thought the ref was shite for both sides. Absolutely shat it not giving Spencer a second booking. 

Probably should have been 2 up at half time with connollys miss at 1-0. Neither team really created any clear chances other than that and I'm not sure either keeper actually made a save. As expected Falkirk had alot of the ball but they where definitely more direct with their passing than how mcglynn had us playing. A draw probably would have been a fair result there but ultimately you can't give away silly fouls in the box and Hamilton has stuck the penalty away. Hopefully the team take alot of confidence from seing that game out and that win can finally kick start our season. 

Deserved that. Finally got the rub of the green and a vaguely competent ref . Definite pen for me. I think we were marginally the better team on the day. Falkirk's centre halves were poor and we should have got at them a bit more. Easton was brilliant his best performance in ages. McGlynn getting booked for moaning was enjoyable. 

Hopefully we'll start moving up the league now. 

4 minutes ago, bagpuss said:

Deserved that. Finally got the rub of the green and a vaguely competent ref . Definite pen for me. I think we were marginally the better team on the day. Falkirk's centre halves were poor and we should have got at them a bit more. Easton was brilliant his best performance in ages. McGlynn getting booked for moaning was enjoyable. 

Hopefully we'll start moving up the league now. 

FFS you can’t even get who got booked right - it was Paul Smith. Falkirk’s CH were poor 😳. Graham especially has a great game, Hamilton did zero but score a penalty. 
Why Easton has been played wide is incredible. He is terrific as a N.10

13 minutes ago, deano25ffc said:

Wonder what the media team will use now since the unbeaten train has finally stopped and ran out of steam 

43 games , what a record never to be seen again in the modern day by Falkirk fans young and old . 

Raith parked the bus after the penalty , felt like we were playing league 1 game watching 10 men behind the ball for 90% of the game . 2 massive games coming up playing 1st and 3rd. Could be top that  Tuesday night against LIVI

If you don't laugh you will cry , COYB 

IMG-20240928-WA0014.jpg

The thing is, you aren’t in League 1 anymore, swatting off part time joiners left right and centre. Congratulations on finding your level again after those 5 years. 

1 minute ago, BPM said:

FFS you can’t even get who got booked right - it was Paul Smith. Falkirk’s CH were poor 😳. Graham especially has a great game, Hamilton did zero but score a penalty. 
Why Easton has been played wide is incredible. He is terrific as a N.10

Striker does nothing except score the winning goal.....

9 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Thought Pars fans would be all over this? Any idea why they’re not about? 

Reality has set in that their two biggest rivals will be playing at least Championship football next season, whilst they’re trying to get excited about East Fife and Kelty.

3 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Maciver, Morrison, Miller, Nesbitt, Donaldson, Lang all not in the 11. We’re under serious threat here. 

My heart bleeds when we've had no right back, Fordyce, Brown, Stanton, Vaughan, Hamilton missing most of the season.

2 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Striker does nothing except score the winning goal.....

FFS your grandad could come on a have a good chance of scoring from 12 yards. He was poor. In fact I don’t remember him ever doing well against us apart from once for Arbroath. He doesn’t look fit 

Just now, BPM said:

FFS your grandad could come on a have a good chance of scoring from 12 yards. He was poor. In fact I don’t remember him ever doing well against us apart from once for Arbroath. He doesn’t look fit 

He's not. And yet he scored the winning goal. That'll do me.