Raith Rovers v falkirk

Firstly congrats to Falkirk on their impressive unbeaten run - had to come to an end some day. Few decent posters on here. I really fancied us today for some reason - glad we managed to get the 3 points in a really stuffy game.

Felt like Falkirk knocked the ball about well but just lacked someone in the final third to play that final killer pass and because of that felt we were quite comfy.

Tait should burst the net with the header tbh, and Spencer probably should have picked up a second yellow, as we were away and had a an overload. 

All in all though - pleased to pick up 3 points in a real tight affair. Both teams nursing some injuries - sure there will be some good encounters in the remaining games. 

On the plus side, the Townies lost, which pleasing for both of us.

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Thought it was a very tetchy affair normally reserved for top of the table clashes, not seen any replay so don't know if it was a definite penalty or not but the ref was guessing for a few things in the game. Like giving a corner from Ethan Dross shooting wide that didn't come close to touching anyone else. 

I had a great view and it was a stonewaller. Careless from Tait to give it away on the edge of the box and a completely unnecessary challenge from Henderson. 

Thought that was a brutal watch from both sides and 0-0 would have been a fair scoreline based on the chances (or lack of). But Raith defended their lead well and the way their season has gone so far they probably need substance over style at this point.

Nesbitt looked positive when we came on and it will be a big boost when he's able to play 90 minutes again. Still big question marks over the sub striker role. McKenna was very quiet and whilst Shanley did put himself about a bit, I still think he lacks the quality at this level. 

1 hour ago, BPM said:

FFS you can’t even get who got booked right - it was Paul Smith. Falkirk’s CH were poor 😳. Graham especially has a great game, Hamilton did zero but score a penalty. 
Why Easton has been played wide is incredible. He is terrific as a N.10

Collins has got more out of Easton in 2 weeks then Ian Murray has in 6 months to be fair, he's playing with a real freedom and was unplayable today.

15 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Dylan Tait wasn't the best player present today, never mind being the best player in the league.  I'd take an in form Easton over him tbh.

Why has he been playing wide? In that position he is quality 

Brendan Rodgers said that was the best team to have come to Celtic Park. Well, I can tell you that wasn’t the best team we’ve seen at Stark’s Park this season.

Just now, Enigma said:

Brendan Rodgers said that was the best team to have come to Celtic Park. Well, I can tell you that wasn’t the best team we’ve seen at Stark’s Park this season.

Telfer was right 

Och, as an Ayr fan I want to be delighted about this result but this league is mental and I’m firmly of the belief that Raith are in a false position. Genuinely think this league is wide open. With the top team promoted and then the next 3 having a chance at promotion I’m ruling no team out at this point. That said Morton can sit down. Unless you can sign a striker that can stay out of jail. Or at least be on bail.

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Fairly philosophical about the loss today.

We didn't deserve to win, the number of injuries and changes was going to take its toll at some point. Not that I wanted to lose today, but part of me is relieved the run is over and we can focus just on our league position rather than every single team gunning for our record. Their keeper didn't have a save to make and for me we should have taken more risks with shots from 25 yards, its paid dividends so many times this season and last, even via defenders. Too much passing at the 18 yard line.

Some real positives to take from such a tough day are that Watson looks like a real find, Adams was fantastic as usual and its great to see Nesbitt back, in his brief cameo he made a positive difference and we've missed him.

Graham

Congratulations on a brilliant run of wins , I’m not surprised that Falkirk lost today due to 2 or 3 players missing out today due to injury and I think once suspensions kick in especially in the centre mid positions you may loose more games due to lack of depth in your squad , Rovers have had 5/6 players missing due to injuries for the majority of the games so far and only are just starting to get players back probably the first time this season we aren’t playing midfielders in defence or out of their natural positions . Neither keeper had anything of note to save so one goal would take the 3 points thankfully it was the Rovers IMO it was irrelevant that it was Falkirk , Mcglynn / Smith and a few ex Rovers players involved in this fixture it was all about getting the 3 points and getting our season going , Regarding the ref very poor for both sides and too many soft yellow cards

33 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Firstly congrats to Falkirk on their impressive unbeaten run - had to come to an end some day. Few decent posters on here. I really fancied us today for some reason - glad we managed to get the 3 points in a really stuffy game.

Felt like Falkirk knocked the ball about well but just lacked someone in the final third to play that final killer pass and because of that felt we were quite comfy.

Tait should burst the net with the header tbh, and Spencer probably should have picked up a second yellow, as we were away and had a an overload. 

All in all though - pleased to pick up 3 points in a real tight affair. Both teams nursing some injuries - sure there will be some good encounters in the remaining games. 

On the plus side, the Townies lost, which pleasing for both of us.

Agreed.

Great win and one that was much needed. Hoping this will kick start our season. All credit to the Falkirk fans who sang throughout and applauded their team off the pitch at the end. A win at Morton next week and we’ll be back in the mix 

All descriptive insults aside, Fair enough to Falkirk with their unbeaten run. Had a sneaky feeling it would be us to end it though. Both keepers hardly tested but was still entertaining enough. Always better when you win too. Arguably played better last week though. It’s a funny old game.

Tait and Spencer were nullified for about 90% of the match, with Matthews and Byrne (and Easton) all over them as soon as they got the ball and meant they just played in front of us. Then we just mopped up anything that went over the top.

Mckenna is done at this level. A weird signing for Falkirk there. Appreciate he will be mostly on the bench this season when Mcgiver is back though. Players like Sean Mackie and Ethan Ross though. Terrible.

Great to see Brown back. Boy have we missed his energy in the midfield. Hope he can kick on now and stay injury free for a foreseeable.  

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Dylan Tait wasn't the best player present today, never mind being the best player in the league.  I'd take an in form Easton over him tbh.

Agree Tait had an off day.

Easton is a wonderful player. Surprised he’s not made the step up to the Prem tbh.

An interesting watch from South Stand. We looked vulnerable on our left with Stevenson and Hanlon, as Falkirk kept lobbing balls down the wing and running after them…and too often getting to them before either of our two could. Pollock looked to be in a spot of bother early and seemed a wee bit slow later.

Unlike many, I didn’t really like Easton in the more central role, and it seemed his more effective actions were from to the sides running TO the middle. However, he did have a decent game there.

Dabo was worrying me a bit, as he was more off his men, I guess relying on his speed. He did, however, show some flashes of quite good skills. Jack Hamilton did an absolute ton of work which will get little recognition but which was vital to the win.

Also, very refreshing to see Big Kev outside the box a couple of times, but one of his clearances from a back pass was pretty late, and the confusion between him and Hanlon on one of the slow rollers into the middle was worrisome.

21 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Mckenna is done at this level. A weird signing for Falkirk there. 

I hope I’m wrong but I’m starting to feel this way about him. Nothing I’ve seen so far makes me think he was a signing worth making and unless he’s a great leader in the dressing room he’s looking like he’s taking a shirt that we could have had someone better filling