Raith Rovers v falkirk

According to the BBC Scotland reporter at the game Rovers were the better team and probably deserved the three points overall. I wasn't there and can't comment. The only important thing is that the records will show that we won the game.

Congratulations  nonetheless to the Bairns for going 43 games undefeated. Quite an achievement at any level of football and most unlikely to be ever repeated again.

Just now, Rocco said:

Raith did what they needed to do to get the win but that was a dreadful game. 

Injuries have cost us in the end so hopefully we start to get some players back and kick on

We didn’t really miss Donaldson as Graham had a fine game. Need Morrison and MacIver fit. 

Just now, embow said:

According to the BBC Scotland reporter at the game Rovers were the better team and probably deserved the three points overall. I wasn't there and can't comment. The only important thing is that the records will show that we won the game.

Congratulations  nonetheless to the Bairns for going 43 games undefeated. Quite an achievement at any level of football and most unlikely to be ever repeated again.

Not convinced Raith were the better team but they defended very well. 

Very true about the unbeaten run

Just now, embow said:

They were not the better side. The scored from a PK the first time they went forward and for about 10 minutes after that they did create the odd moment. However they did zero from them other than stop us playing. TBF they did that well.

1 minute ago, embow said:

Must've been Stevie wonder reporting.  We didn't create anywhere near enough but more than Raith I'd say. Two or three stramashs in the Raith box where the ball just didn't fall for us. A nil nil draw wouldve been fair enough but it's our own fault that we gifted Raith a penalty first half.

Quite emotional at the end giving them the standing ovation actually. Can’t believe of the handful of games I will get to one of them is our first league loss in 44 games 🤪

I’m not that surprised. Too many injuries and MacIver is so pivotal for us I thought a draw would be the best we could hope for. Still so proud of this team and it had to happen sooner or later. 

6 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Totally agree

Perhaps missed Donaldson's leadership and drive a bit but the big lad did okay considering he was up against Hamilton whose an awkward customer. Didn't give him much change. The problem is that the one position where we have a massive drop off in quality is centre forward . We badly need to get someone in before the window shuts.

Edited by Shodwall cat

I don't think either team deserved to win that. Raith got that penalty and so had something to defend which they did very well.

What a run it has been, we will not see the like again and every fan having a wee laugh tonight would have loved it to be their team. So proud of them 

I think when Donaldson is fit we will see him and Graham forming a partnership. Hendo has been making a few too many rash mistakes. I hope McGlynn is chapping the boards door for a striker before Monday night now if MacIver is out long term. 

Wonder what the media team will use now since the unbeaten train has finally stopped and ran out of steam 

43 games , what a record never to be seen again in the modern day by Falkirk fans young and old . 

Raith parked the bus after the penalty , felt like we were playing league 1 game watching 10 men behind the ball for 90% of the game . 2 massive games coming up playing 1st and 3rd. Could be top that  Tuesday night against LIVI

If you don't laugh you will cry , COYB 

IMG-20240928-WA0014.jpg

Edited by deano25ffc