Morton vs Raith Rovers 5th October

Another performance on the board. How you can look at that squad and think we have the attacking options to do well is beyond me. Folk still blaming Murray yet we go into a game again with only 1 recognised fit striker in a squad (Smith isn't a striker for anyone asking).

We have massive issues at this club now and no window dressing on social media outlets will cover it up. 

Thoroughly deserved win for Morton. 

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

The new manager really has his work cut out, a team full of midfielders thanks to Ian Murray.

You must be joking? We have 4 central midfielders, 2 wide right players and 2 wide left. Hardly an overload. The issue is who they are. Smith and Mullen not good enough, Stanton is "injured" and Brown only just back. 

The issue is lack of pace and Hamilton as our only striker. That's on the board not Murray. 

From what I thought was our worst league performance of the season in the first half to what was undoubtedly our best in the second half. The difference a goal makes, two very well taken finishes and managed the game well from there. Thought some players I'd thought had a poor first half were excellent in the second, that was McGinn's best performance for us by a distance.

1 minute ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Another performance on the board. How you can look at that squad and think we have the attacking options to do well is beyond me. Folk still blaming Murray yet we go into a game again with only 1 recognised fit striker in a squad (Smith isn't a striker for anyone asking).

We have massive issues at this club now and no window dressing on social media outlets will cover it up. 

Thoroughly deserved win for Morton. 

We've only ever had one Striker who spent a lot of time out injured, Murray could've brought another one in long before he got the chop, his penchant for midfielders is the root cause of our troubles this season, so of course yes I ut a lot of the blame at his door

4 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

You must be joking? We have 4 central midfielders, 2 wide right players and 2 wide left. Hardly an overload. The issue is who they are. Smith and Mullen not good enough, Stanton is "injured" and Brown only just back. 

The issue is lack of pace and Hamilton as our only striker. That's on the board not Murray. 

The board dont sign players, that's down to the manager and Potter........ unless I've missed something

That we brought in Jamieson, who I am afraid to say looks like yet another dreadful Premiership loanee, tells you that not very much was available in the striker department.  I have a fair bit of sympathy for the club in thar respect. 

Nevertheless, we have failed to address a clear weakness in the squad and it remains a massive problem. 

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

The board dont sign players, that's down to the manager and Potter........ unless I've missed something

Murray came out on live TV in December was it, after the Pars game, saying he wanted a player with pace, we brought in nobody fitting that description and it's almost a year later.  You can't put all that on Murray when the board are only too happy to go on about how the setup means not having a manager doesn't impact them signing players.  So that begs the question of what the f**k has Potter been up to, when glaring weaknesses in the squad still haven't been addressed almost a year later.

13 minutes ago, basher brash said:

too many of our players pick and choose when to turn up ,

😳 Surely you can't really believe that??  

44 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Airdrie are going down. 

The question is whether we go down with them at the moment. 

Just ,8 games into a programme of 36 and already folk are predicting how it'll end.

Unbelievable.

Just now, SanStarko said:

Murray came out on live TV in December was it, after the Pars game, saying he wanted a player with pace, we brought in nobody fitting that description and it's almost a year later.  You can't put all that on Murray when the board are only too happy to go on about how the setup means not having a manager doesn't impact them signing players.  So that begs the question of what the f**k has Potter been up to, when glaring weaknesses in the squad still haven't been addressed almost a year later.

Yeah I get your point regarding Potters non involvement on the glaring weakness in certain positions

I thought Raith were by far and away the better side in the first half, and we were struggling to just about hang in there. Second half we scored 2 goals out of not very much and Raith started to panic and couldn't take any of the two or three chances they managed to create. We were much better in the second half but that was just one of those days which was all about taking your chances. 

17 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

From what I thought was our worst league performance of the season in the first half to what was undoubtedly our best in the second half. The difference a goal makes, two very well taken finishes and managed the game well from there. Thought some players I'd thought had a poor first half were excellent in the second, that was McGinn's best performance for us by a distance.

Apart from the first 15 minutes or so, I don't think the first half performance was as bad as you made out. We had a couple of decent penalty shouts (the first one looked like a stonewaller to me) and their keeper pulled off a great save. 

Enjoyed that, a strange game though. I thought we were murder in the first half, but looked like the only team near winning it in the second. What a difference having an actual cebtre forward makes.

Raith were mince, but I did like the look of Dabo when he came on. Only guy really bothering us. 

Hopefully Mullen’s all good!

Couldn't make the game today, I have to say that the Raith stream was great. The two commentators were really good and unbiased unlike some of the ones I've heard. Game of two halves, Raith had the better of the first. In the second two well taken goals was enough to seal the win.

34 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

We've only ever had one Striker who spent a lot of time out injured, Murray could've brought another one in long before he got the chop, his penchant for midfielders is the root cause of our troubles this season, so of course yes I ut a lot of the blame at his door

32 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

We had Hamilton, Vaughan and Gullan until Christmas time last year. Gullan left and we brought in Rudden. As has been said Murray wanted pace and nobody was signed. The fact Murray was sacked and we brought in Jamieson only is on the board and nobody else. 

We are going one way this season unless they accept some level of responsibility and start making urgent plans on recruitment.