Thistle vs Falkirk - Saturday 12th October

Result  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/24 at 14:00

Just now, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

I was surprised at the size of the crowd: I was expected nearer to twice what it was.

Based on what?

3300 home fans is pretty much par for the course right now for Thistle (and that number isn't going to grow with the shite performances we're currently watching) and 1400 Falkirk fans is a really good away turnout for this level.

6 minutes ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

I was surprised at the size of the crowd: I was expecting nearer to twice what it was.

Good away support ,however,home support down by around 300-400.Shyte weather would have put a few off but must be a worry for the suits at Firhill .Twice would have been almost capacity and can't see us getting that anytime soon .

Edited by I Clavdivs

15 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Based on what?

3300 home fans is pretty much par for the course right now for Thistle (and that number isn't going to grow with the shite performances we're currently watching) and 1400 Falkirk fans is a really good away turnout for this level.

Tbh think you would have seen that closer to 1900/2000, if it wasn’t our 6th away game out the last eight, weve also got another away on Friday.

20 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

And yet we are still top of the league, what’s your point?

You've missed my points. But to yours, McGlynn always starts well but once winter sets in with heavy pitches and bad weather and teams in this league capable of sussing him out the optimism will evaporate.

30 minutes ago, bring_back_the_twa_hoops said:

Or maybe we made you look poor. We had to play the team with the depleted midfield we had available.

For fans that think no one can touch you Falkirk have won one of their last four league games, scoring only three goals.

But of course you missed Ronaldo McIver.

Calm down lad, you’ll be up at the other end of the table soon. Keep buying pies so you can get more players in x 

8 minutes ago, bring_back_the_twa_hoops said:

You've missed my points. But to yours, McGlynn always starts well but once winter sets in with heavy pitches and bad weather and teams in this league capable of sussing him out the optimism will evaporate.

Happened last year tbf 

45 minutes ago, bring_back_the_twa_hoops said:

Or maybe we made you look poor. We had to play the team with the depleted midfield we had available.

For fans that think no one can touch you Falkirk have won one of their last four league games, scoring only three goals.

Maybe it was a bit of both. 

Im not saying nobody can touch us. You managed to beat us so clearly we’re not untouchable. Even with that defeat I wouldn’t worry playing you next time, just like I’m not worried about playing any other team in the league. That can easily change though as it’s a long season. 

Again you’re being ignorant and failing to understand just how big a player MacIver is for us. Forgot you were littered with superstars like Ross Matthews and a goalkeeper who can’t collect a cross 🙄

Edited by Rocco

38 minutes ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

I was surprised at the size of the crowd: I was expecting nearer to twice what it was.

You’re expecting a crowd of 9000-odd for a run of the mill championship match during an international break?

41 minutes ago, bring_back_the_twa_hoops said:

He was really sussed out last season

1 hour ago, bring_back_the_twa_hoops said:

Jesus wept. You were poor and that was highlighted by you getting pumped off a poor Morton side the week after. Our results apart from the game against you would suggest we are a country mile better than you. We had a very poor day against you whilst Raith according to fans and your media team had a very good day.   We are no way untouchable but that doesn't mean we aren't the best side we've seen this season which is certainly the case so far. Even in our worst performance we should have comfortably had a draw. And I think we are missing a lot more than just MacIver against you but if that gives you hope then batter on.

1 hour ago, bring_back_the_twa_hoops said:

Yeah that happened last season didn't it.

4 minutes ago, bring_back_the_twa_hoops said:

The clue is "in this league".

If you've got the best players then tactics matter far less. We don't concern ourselves with the opposition we just play our own way and that's allowed us to beat far better sides than are in this league.

4 minutes ago, AndrewFFC said:

Why do Partick choose to shoot into the end with no fans in the 2nd half?

Because we shot the other way in the 1st half.

(Allegedly)

Edited by baba douche

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

You’re expecting a crowd of 9000-odd for a run of the mill championship match during an international break?

I suspect it might be a phoned-in crowdwank based "joke'.

Absolute beezer tbh.

17 minutes ago, AndrewFFC said:

Why do Partick choose to shoot into the end with no fans in the 2nd half?

As far as I know there's no real reason other than "tradition". We used to shoot towards the city end terrace in the second half when that was a home end, and even although we haven't had fans in that end for over two decades we've never really changed things up. There's been the odd game every so often where it has happened, but the vast majority of games still have us shooting towards the wilderness in the second half.

Accies do the same thing. I'm wondering if it's for the same reason as us, even although they're at a completely new stadium with even less reason to maintain a tradition.