Thistle vs Falkirk - Saturday 12th October

Result  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/10/24 at 14:00

I’ll always remember a PT v Falkirk game from the early 70s.

We were played off the park but into injury time the score was still only 1-0 to Thistle.

Jim Shirra out on the left around the halfway line, chips one forward and Doug Somner wins a flick on header for Jimmy Jack to run onto. Caught it on second bounce and bulleted it into the corner past Alan Rough.

1-1 final score. Daylight robbery.

Looking forward to this match & always enjoy a trip to Maryhill mixing with the real Glasgow team.

We are two of the sleeping giants of Scottish Football whose loyal fans have had to suffer far too long. Hope both of us manage to be promoted this season but looking to complete double on Saturday. 

14 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Both of them where working fine as far as I could tell when I went in. 

After 5 years in the seaside we got used to 2 men and a dug as the away support. Due to poor behaviour from the border fermers we had to open that stand every game.

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

It seems strange to be making a thing about it considering we’ve got 3000 STs or thereabouts.

We probably don’t usually shift 1000-1500 tickets in advance of the day of the game most of the time.

I’d guess the majority of ticket sales for run of the mill games at Firhill occur within 24 hours of a game itself. I would certainly never buy tickets for a match earlier than that unless some kind of capacity issue was expected.

5 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

If anyone can’t make it along but is, nonetheless, a glutton for punishment, then you’re in luck. 

In the spfl goal roundup your highlights look like stop motion every week. If the live broadcast is the same you should be paying c***s to watch it.