Celtic v Aberdeen 19th October

That disallowed Celtic goal in injury time was football at its finest.

Defender loses ball trying to run it out, second defender tries to hoof it clear off opponent, but it ends up right under the bar, attacker just runs into goalie and gives away soft free kick instead of standing in an awkward position, ball ends up in goal

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Game over. Far too easy. Fully expected this to be a damp squib for Aberdeen but disappointed to see they couldn't even keep it spicy until half time.

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Slow Motion Art GIF

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

The usual story.

4 hours ago, SEETHING said:

What a pity for Aberdeen! 

4 hours ago, Merkie84 said:

Yes a work in progress.  Nowhere near the  finished article yet. 

How we bounce back in the next couple of fixtures is the key thing now, but today is probably gone. 

Watched the highlights back.    Great game to watch,  helped by some ludicrously awful defending from both teams.   

Highlights - McGrath's pass for the 1st Aberdeen goal which was absolutely brilliant and Duk's celebration after his block at the end. 

Fair play to Aberdeen, I didn't fancy them at all but they're making the most of every game at the moment

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Said absolutely no one 😂

I literally said it in the post you quoted you utter trumpet.

2 hours ago, Don exotic said:

Money and advantage doesn’t buy class.

They do however, buy tickets to Celine Dion and a few tubes of Pringles.

Spoiler

IMG_1648.webp.c9a4dea26eb0b1d0c784fde67a39618b.webp

Aberdeens first goal is such a quality goal. If that's in the EPL they'd be raving about it.

Amazing every way a handball occurs it's always celtic getting the rub of the green! Duks block on the line is class too.

Wasn't too impressed with Aberdeen against Hearts but going to parkhead in form and getting a result is tough. 

Not a bad point at all from two down. What a pass by McGrath, a good but underrated player at our level.

The difference in getting a manager who isn't mesmerised by a badge, kit or stadium in Glasgow meant we got a point as opposed to the traditional 4 goal scudding in this type of game.

On 17/10/2024 at 20:46, DrewDon said:

It sounds really negative, but how we lose on Saturday - if we lose - is also going to be important in how I view where we have got to overall. 

Or we can just come from 2-0 down at half-time to actually not lose the game. That also works for me. 

4 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

https://www.afcheritage.org/matches/match-report?id=3817

At least you got the score right! :lol:

I remember Celtic blowing a 3-1 lead against Dundee Utd about 15 years ago. And, as an aside, Celtic ruined Joe Miller by playing him as a winger and never giving him a shot as a striker (except for the end of the 89 season, when he scored the winner in the cup final).

53 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Not a bad point at all from two down. What a pass by McGrath, a good but underrated player at our level.

The difference in getting a manager who isn't mesmerised by a badge, kit or stadium in Glasgow meant we got a point as opposed to the traditional 4 goal scudding in this type of game.

McGrath's an excellent player. I always rated him very, very highly when he was with us and I was gutted to lose him. I wish him well up there.

44 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Crazy how thick Celtic fans are.

If you gathered all their brains together and put them in some hypothetical brain container, it would still not amount to more than an actual singular brain.
Dumb f**ks.

Don’t pimp yourself out for greenies mate, it seems quite indecorous. 
Enjoy your draw. 

8 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Just watched the highlights. An excellent game from the looks of things.

Walsh looked devastated when he blew the full time whistle. Pleasing 😂.

To be fair, he tried his best.

10 minutes added on, then another 3-4 for good measure.

A few of the yellows he handed out to Aberdeen players were embarrassing, especially Duk & Clarkson. 
Quite how that odd looking** Johnston never got booked was beyond belief. 
Man handled Duk in to the hoardings, & was later finger pointing at Walsh when he laughably tried to say he didn’t foul Mitov at their disallowed goal

** EDIT .

It’s just occurred to me. 
He looks like a character from The Simpsons 

Edited by Thenorthernlight