Celtic v Aberdeen 19th October

28 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I was more making a joke at myself wanting us to play how Glass did when the new guy is yet to do anything other than win.

Like to imagine that Dave cormack has given Jimmy Stephen’s number for advice. 

32 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Like to imagine that Dave cormack has given Jimmy Stephen’s number for advice. 

Which he wrote down on the back of his hand and it got washed off after the first training session...

7 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

The ibrox 2-2 one was probably the most refreshing performance I’ve seen from an Aberdeen team. Had all the elements for success apart from an objective referee. 

The Hearts game at home when Robson was interim, I don't think I've ever seen us start a game like that. The first half performance was incredible. 

On 10/10/2024 at 11:39, Dons_1988 said:

It isn’t really about instructing them to just sit in for 20 minutes then trying to play. Thats obviously silly - what I said was I predicted Celtic would come out flying, and I’m happy to accept that if they do they can put us on the back foot. Obviously if they don’t then we can go for it if the game allows. 

But We can’t just press and have a go for 90 minutes, it’s about picking the right moments in the game to do it and then having the quality when you do. 

Did I mention anything about pressing for 90 minutes? What I said was that we need to use the start of the match whilst we're fresh to gain a foothold in the match. That's doesn't mean pressing for the whole 90 minutes!

If we're submissive in the early part of the match it will only encourage them.

We can't wait and see how they start, the onus is on us to try and dictate the tempo.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

51 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Did I mention anything about pressing for 90 minutes? What I said was that we need to use the start of the match whilst we're fresh to gain a foothold in the match. That's doesn't mean pressing for the whole 90 minutes!

If we're submissive in the early part of the match it will only encourage them.

We can't wait and see how they start, the onus is on us to try and dictate the tempo.

Cool 

29 minutes ago, Stevie67 said:

Its a game between the 2 top sides in the country at the moment . Despite our frailties in Europe there is still too much of a gap between us and the Don's.  Expect nothing less than an easy 4 or 5 nil win for us tbh . 

The Don's what?

42 minutes ago, Stevie67 said:

Its a game between the 2 top sides in the country at the moment . Despite our frailties in Europe there is still too much of a gap between us and the Don's.  Expect nothing less than an easy 4 or 5 nil win for us tbh . 

12 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

The Don's what?

Defence, perhaps. Mind you, if Don is on his own, 4 or 5 nil wouldn't be too bad.

Edited by Jacksgranda
sllepnig

It's clear that Aberdeen are miles ahead of where they anticipated at this stage, both in terms of points won for this season, but also the long-term rebuild under Thelin.

The Scottish sports media have been talking up the feelgood factor around AFC for some weeks, in the anticipation that the bubble is going to burst spectacularly in the next fortnight. That's totally fine, journalists need something to talk / write about, and it's better to be in the news for the right reasons for a change, than for the endless 'Dons In Crisis' headlines of the last few years.

Realistically, Celtic remain most likely to win, but I'm hopeful that we'll see some progress from Aberdeen in terms of going to Glasgow with a game-plan, standing up to the pressure of occasion, and not (as we seem to have done so many times recently) completely collapsing within the first quarter of an hour. Yet another comfortable 4 or 5-0 for the home side would be massively disappointing. If we can demonstrate that the team is making tangible progress and can become competitive in these match-ups, then that's good enough for me at this stage.

That's not to say that I wouldn't snatch your hand off for a flukey late winner after getting absolutely battered for 90 minutes!

Celtic are the quintessential flat track bully so hard to see beyond a home win. Will be interesting to see another side to Thelins tactics, we've had most of the ball in every game this season and expect our possession stats to be down in the 30% range for this one. Would like to see Palaversa in from the start with Shinnie pushing up in place of Clarkson. Duk and Keskinen on the wings although would be harsh to drop McGrath. Sokler in in place of Nisbet for his work off the ball. Keep it tight and you never know the our luck/momentum might just last another week. 

I hope Slobodan means this literally 

It will be a great opportunity to measure ourselves and after 90 minutes of fighting, we will see what we are made of.

The fighting bit that is, not the measurement. Or the materials analysis. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I hope Slobodan means this literally 

It will be a great opportunity to measure ourselves and after 90 minutes of fighting, we will see what we are made of.

The fighting bit that is, not the measurement. Or the materials analysis. 

Daily record to report this as a threat on kyogo’s life 

We can be as good as possible, vastly improved and even score a goal, but the reality is if Celtic turn up which I suspect they will to lay down a marker then a realistic result is 2-1/3-1. 
You never know/funny old game etc. etc. but should we lose, we should still be content with how things are going and move on to the next game quietly confident. 

Might just stick a fiver on 1-1, defensive masterclass with Nicky Devlin clearing about 5 attempts off the line.