Accies VS Falkirk

10 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think the manner in which Accies folded should give their fans some concern. Even if you’re playing against the league leaders you’re hoping to make life difficult for them. Accies couldn’t do that and any attempt at being physical resulted in them giving away a daft foul. 

They were about five yards off every ball whereas Falkirk looked very sharp but even that would make me concerned as a Hamilton fan.

Yet last night was no worse than Morton home and away, Livi away, Queens Park away. Its almost like it is nothing to do with who we are playing but the fact we are rotten and Rankin taking us back to the Seaside League.

There's a reason Hamilton haven't got any better than they were last season, lost two of their best players in Fulton + Lewis Smith and brought in a bucket load of guff.

Hamilton Academical

In: Steven Bradley, midfielder (Livingston); Barry Maguire, midfielder (Motherwell); Daire O'Connor, forward (Glentoran, undisclosed); Oli Shaw, forward (Barnsley); Nikolay Todorov, forward (Airdrieonians); Sean McGinty, defender (Ayr United); Charlie Albinson, goalkeeper (Ayr United).

Loan in: Connor Smith, midfielder (St Johnstone); Oludare Olufunwa, defender (St Johnstone).

54 minutes ago, BPM said:

Mate you don’t have very good players. The keeper, full back 6 that played last are not up to this level. Scott Martin is not fit, Shaw slower than a week in the jail and O’Hara runs about doing nothing. 

Again your missing the point these are the players that Rankin signed every single one of the players that featured last night was signed by Rankin expect from Scott Martin funnily enough he's probably our best player. Rankin has been heavily backed by the club it's nobody else fault expect from him that he's not getting enough out of the players. The decision to give him a 3 year deal could honestly be the decision that kills our club. Like I keep saying the difference in Dylan Tait from now to when he was at us just sums it up and is evidence that this is Rankin's fault. We have some good individual players and under a good manager I'm sure we would be fine in this league however with Rankin our only hope of staying up is that Dunfermline and Airdrie somehow both manage to be worse. 

We were in a weird position in that our best moments in the first half came from trying to win the ball in Falkirk's third, but we were so bad once that first line of the press was passed that it was causing us so many problems that our only viable route to goal wasn't worth doing.  

14 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Again your missing the point these are the players that Rankin signed every single one of the players that featured last night was signed by Rankin expect from Scott Martin funnily enough he's probably our best player. Rankin has been heavily backed by the club it's nobody else fault expect from him that he's not getting enough out of the players. The decision to give him a 3 year deal could honestly be the decision that kills our club. Like I keep saying the difference in Dylan Tait from now to when he was at us just sums it up and is evidence that this is Rankin's fault. We have some good individual players and under a good manager I'm sure we would be fine in this league however with Rankin our only hope of staying up is that Dunfermline and Airdrie somehow both manage to be worse. 

I'm not sure how good these players he signed are....he certainly talks some pish that's for sure....let's take Williamson for example as the poor lad sticks out like a sore thumb due to his grooming habits...I remember him declaring him as a marquee signing...in the 3 or 4 games he's played against us he's done nothing literally nothing I've no idea what his strengths are... maybe you could enlighten me 

I missed the last 25 minutes of the game last night, but help ma boab, it’s not going to be easy to knock Falkirk off the top of the league giving what I seen last night. 
Some really cracking performances from them so far, and last night was one of them 

8 minutes ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

I'm not sure how good these players he signed are....he certainly talks some pish that's for sure....let's take Williamson for example as the poor lad sticks out like a sore thumb due to his grooming habits...I remember him declaring him as a marquee signing...in the 3 or 4 games he's played against us he's done nothing literally nothing I've no idea what his strengths are... maybe you could enlighten me 

Yeah I don't disagree with that. I'm pretty sure every Accies fan would tell you how hopeless Williamson is and I've already mentioned  it a few times on this thread if you go back a few pages. He looks certain to end up at an EK or Clyde however the reality is that's one of the players that Rankin signed and I would imagine he'll be on a OK wage for this level as well that's on Rankin nobody else. 

46 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Ironically I remember Williamson being talked of as a desirable target for us a couple of years ago when we needed legs and energy in the midfield.

Wild how much he has regressed in that time.

I said the same, less keen for that now. 

Hamilton were rancid but will still finish above us as things stand, we're in for a bad time next week. 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

There's a reason Hamilton haven't got any better than they were last season, lost two of their best players in Fulton + Lewis Smith and brought in a bucket load of guff.

Hamilton Academical

In: Steven Bradley, midfielder (Livingston); Barry Maguire, midfielder (Motherwell); Daire O'Connor, forward (Glentoran, undisclosed); Oli Shaw, forward (Barnsley); Nikolay Todorov, forward (Airdrieonians); Sean McGinty, defender (Ayr United); Charlie Albinson, goalkeeper (Ayr United).

Loan in: Connor Smith, midfielder (St Johnstone); Oludare Olufunwa, defender (St Johnstone).

You can’t really disagree with that (although Fulton only managed less than half of our league games last season tbf).

Our signing policy from the beetroot has been very much ‘I’ve heard of him so he must be good’ approach. Only really Shaw and McGinty (in his own limited defender way) have been of any real use.

There’s also an over loyalty to players who were fine to get us out of league 1 but clearly miles off championship level I.e O’Hara and Lynass. I don’t include Williamson in this because he was not fine in league 1.

5 hours ago, Owsley 2 said:

Nope, re-read this several times and still don't understand it.

Hamilton chairman told the daily record that he was signing Miller, Morrison and Agyeman from Falkirk (he had no intention, just a slavering mess) . So it’s a running joke that anytime they score we count it as a goal for Hamilton. 

49 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

The cheek talking about dubious decisions when the referee kept Longridge on the park through pity and Kilday's booking was the exact same tackle Donaldson got sent off for last season against Kelty.

I do think we've been harshly done with Colls, Shanley's versus Hearts and McKenna's at Parkhead when I saw that last night and he only received a booking.